December 2017 Car Rental Watch

I just got a minivan through Budget for 8 days - 12/8-12/16 - for $261 all in through car rental savers. I would be ecstatic if it keeps coming down, but I'm happy with it!

I just rebooked my mini van using Costco contract ID and a $25 off coupon. Started this journey at $348. Now down to $286.71! My goal was to get it under $300 for 12/2 to 12/11. WooHoo!!

I just rebooked my mini van using Costco contract ID and a $25 off coupon. Started this journey at $348. Now down to $286.71! My goal was to get it under $300 for 12/2 to 12/11. WooHoo!!
what 25 coupon? I'd love to try that

Dollar is offering 25% percent off today for cyber Monday. The code is 101289.

Ugg......XMas-NYRs week...These prices! I can't seem to find the "Apply Coupon" code for payment with a KIDNEY!!!

Dec 21 (1:30am) - Dec 26 (9:00pm) Alamo Costco ID 7014627 Coupon AD2823JAZ I reserved a midsize SUV for $260 which is more then I want to pay. I'm hoping the price will go down but not overly optimistic. If it doesn't go down, we will have to rely on Disney transportation which is a scary thought since I know this is an extremely busy time of year!

Alamo's lowest rates seem to come up with the AD2365FDN coupon and contract LACDISC. Does anyone know if that contact is likely to cause a problem if recommended? I think it means Latin America and Caribbean - but it works in FL.

Did anyone learn anything about this contract code? It lowered my Alamo price by $60 but said you cannot earn points or rewards on this contract when I hit book it. I had never seen that before when I used a contract id.

I am less than 2 weeks from our trip and I usually see prices drop around this time. So far no luck. My best price was from a month ago. It is under $200 for a midsize so I guess it could be worse.

well don't feel so bad.... I'm at $318 for 10 days...b/c it's a one way,and I need a minivan! this past year has started the high prices IMHO.

This year seems especially brutal. I started early but they were high from the beginning. I really hope in the next week or two we see some downward movement, I have never paid anywhere close to this for a rental over the past 5 years during the holidays.

The newish TSA recommendation that everyone be at the airport 3 hours before departure has Magical Express now picking up folk 4 hours before their flights. I'm serious about security procedures, but when they won't even let you into the line until 2 hours before your flight I'm half considering moving my on site rental to an MCO round trip rental. However, I don't see how having to turn in the rental, lug the luggage to a counter line and wait in before the actual security line would free up any time. Any recent experiences with this? How long does the car return and luggage check take? (at JetBlue in my case)

Hm. There's always Uber.

Last edited:
The newish TSA recommendation that everyone be at the airport 3 hours before departure has Magical Express now picking up folk 4 hours before their flights. I'm serious about security procedures, but when they won't even let you into the line until 2 hours before your flight I'm half considering moving my on site rental to an MCO round trip rental. However, I don't see how having to turn in the rental, lug the luggage to a counter line and wait in before the actual security line would free up any time. Any recent experiences with this? How long does the car return and luggage check take? (at JetBlue in my case)

Hm. There's always Uber.

You can still use the resort airline bag check to send your checked luggage even if you don't use ME. There's no tie between the two when you're heading to the airport so you could skip the check in at the airport. What you can gain is skipping the stops at other resorts on ME. You might end up being the last pick up but I don't think we were ever that lucky! Dropping off the cars is quick although does leave you a little longer walk over from the garage vs DME drop off but they are not that far away from each other. Uber would be the absolute fastest because you could use RAC at the resort and then just head to security when dropped off but we've found a rental car to still be faster than DME.

You can still use the resort airline bag check to send your checked luggage even if you don't use ME. There's no tie between the two when you're heading to the airport so you could skip the check in at the airport. What you can gain is skipping the stops at other resorts on ME. You might end up being the last pick up but I don't think we were ever that lucky! Dropping off the cars is quick although does leave you a little longer walk over from the garage vs DME drop off but they are not that far away from each other. Uber would be the absolute fastest because you could use RAC at the resort and then just head to security when dropped off but we've found a rental car to still be faster than DME.
Thanks Kathy! I didn't know that about the return trip ME luggage. Makes sense now that I think about it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!