December 2018 car rental thread

And today it's down to $525!!!!

Not horrible for a full size SUV, but I would want to pay less for sure. I travel to Orlando a couple of times a year and lately the rates have been really high. Right now I am sitting at $300. for full size vehicle with Alamo 11/30 - 12/8 [9 day] rental.

Last edited:
Sorry about the double post. Stupid internet at work crashed. Guess I should be working instead of playing!

Last edited:
OMG!! I checked rates again this morning. First check showed rates at $700+ and thinking, 'Boy, I'm glad I rebooked yesterday!" For whatever reason, I checked again about 20 minutes later. The rate was down to $491!! Rebooked yet again coming from $525 down to the great rate I just got!

OMG!! I checked rates again this morning. First check showed rates at $700+ and thinking, 'Boy, I'm glad I rebooked yesterday!" For whatever reason, I checked again about 20 minutes later. The rate was down to $491!! Rebooked yet again coming from $525 down to the great rate I just got!

WooHoo!!! Rate came down this morning even more! Now down to $440!!!

Just checked my rates for 12/12-12/19 out of Sanford for a full size and it came down another $20 to the price that I paid back in July. My new rate is 204.75

We are heading to the Gulf Coast for 2 weeks over the Christmas Holidays Dec 15 - 29 flying into Tampa and return from Orlando. Through Costco with Alamo it was $874.00. I booked through Autoslash with Alamo for $481 inc taxes and fees.

So last night around 7:15 I decided to check rates again. I had been at 204.75 since Monday. I was secretly saying to myself that it would be nice to have the rate under $200.00. To my surprise my rate is now at$186.67 for a full size.:yay:

Finalizing friday’s Rental:banana:, booked a placeholder for December trip starting 12/1 for a week. Pop warner week, rates usually a bit higher than the weeks pre & post over the years i’ve monitored.

Alamo
DVC code (on member website)
$25 coupon (several out there)
Full size
Including additional cost for SWA rewards

$223

For 12/22 - 1/1 (yes, I know that's the most expensive time to go :( ), OK with any vehicle type, the best rate I've found this week is around $455 with Enterprise Costco rate.

Last edited:
Last week I booked with Dollar for about $221, today I rebooked the following:

Dec. 10-17
Manager's Special (They pick)
With AAA discount (corp code 3000049)
After Taxes and Fees Total is : $202.47

Last year I got it down to about $180 for a week. It's close to the holidays so wasn't sure where the prices would be. I can live with this, but looking to lower it, as always, it's such a game!

Good luck everyone!

For 12/22 - 1/1, rates have dropped a bit, and I have reserved a full-size car at Enterprise Costco rate of $408. The next size down (standard) was cheaper by a grand total of only $4 -- not per day, but for the whole thing.

@In Luv with Disney, since your stay is two days longer than mine but for the same range, I think you got a good deal considering what is available now.

Hopefully there will be better rates ahead.... tough time of year to find bargains, though.

pixiedust::car:

Finalizing friday’s Rental:banana:, booked a placeholder for December trip starting 12/1 for a week. Pop warner week, rates usually a bit higher than the weeks pre & post over the years i’ve monitored.

Alamo
DVC code (on member website)
$25 coupon (several out there)
Full size
Including additional cost for SWA rewards

$223
I tried finding the DVC code, even chatted with a rep who said there was no such thing. LOL we know how educated the CMs can be. Can you tell ne where exactly it is on the site?

Also the Florida code(7016220) for Alamo is showing the same discount as Costco for my dates

For 12/22 - 1/1, rates have dropped a bit, and I have reserved a full-size car at Enterprise Costco rate of $408. The next size down (standard) was cheaper by a grand total of only $4 -- not per day, but for the whole thing.

@In Luv with Disney, since your stay is two days longer than mine but for the same range, I think you got a good deal considering what is available now.

Hopefully there will be better rates ahead.... tough time of year to find bargains, though.

pixiedust::car:
I know, I figured my rate was good considering it's for 13 days over Christmas and New Years! Ultimately I'd like to get a larger car, if possible. But I'll take what I can get! I'll let you know if I find anything lower!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter