****December 2020 Thread****

We are december 12-18 @ AKV Jambo House. But, I have a waitlist for BWV 12-14, so hopefully we will start at BWV and end @ AKV Jambo House.

We will be going to the Orlando Informer meet up @ Universal on December 12-first time to Universal. We are driving this time from NOLA on 12/11, staying in Tallahassee then heading the WDW early on 12/12. We will take a card share from AKV to the meet up. I do not like to drive in the dark.

ARGH!!! So SW just jacked up our December flights!! Instead of leaving on a 530am flight and getting in at 7:30am - we now don't arrive until 2:30pm!!

and DH is not interested in adding a day to make up for our first full day of parks - and we already had a morning departure flight...

DANG BLANG! so now I have to re-do my park schedule....at least I hadn't made ADRs yet!!!

back to the drawing board! :headache: :headache:
Guess I should count us lucky...we experienced a SW change but its at the end of the trip and will just mean we loose one hour at the park. I did see where you can reschedule without any issues but there's not a later flight on that Saturday.

Guess I should count us lucky...we experienced a SW change but its at the end of the trip and will just mean we loose one hour at the park. I did see where you can reschedule without any issues but there's not a later flight on that Saturday.
I keep checking to see if maybe SW will add back in an earlier outgoing flight that morning but nothing so far....

for our park planning we moved things around a little, and arrival day will head to Epcot since they don't open until later - and then DS decided that instead of a 2nd day at HS he'd like a 2nd (and our only full day) at Epcot - and since it's his trip, his choice!

44 days until we're back!

So I was really concerned about the lack of restaurant options at CSR when they re-opened. So I started looking at DVC and found OKW for $500 less for my dates. So excited! I will stay one nite at CSR and then move to OKW

SW changed our flights, too. Thankfully my husband was willing to add an extra day so we could get all of our plans completed.

Hi December buddies! I was just checking on my Epcot ADR, and closing time reservations (for the third week of December, anyway) are available! I had so many trackers set up and none of them went off...weird.

YAY so much availabilities for the whole Xmas week, parks and resorts 🤩 The only one I couldn't get for all our Epcot days is Garden Grill, neither lunch, nor dinner. There's walkup though.

I just got Hollywood and Vine and via Napoli . I was also able to change some times on other ones .

Last edited:
Holy cow I was bummed because I couldn't get much dinner reservations the week between Christmas and new years but a TON of reservations opened up this morning for that week!

Holy cow I was bummed because I couldn't get much dinner reservations the week between Christmas and new years but a TON of reservations opened up this morning for that week!
I just got Hollywood and Vine and via Napoli . I was also able to change some times on other ones .
Same! Those were 2 I had been looking for and successfully got this morning!

Reactions: DLo
Dining is down right now-figures I slept through the fun! Will keep trying, would love Beaches and H&V.

Uh oh I hope all the ADR availability and the fact that dining site is down now only means that so many people found out and are busy getting ADRs and Not that it was a glitch to begin with ...

Uh oh I hope all the ADR availability and the fact that dining site is down now only means that so many people found out and are busy getting ADRs and Not that it was a glitch to begin with ...
Exactly! I'm keeping all my confirmation emails for the ones I made this morning just in case...

Honestly, I think that they released a bunch of new reservation and didnt increase capacity or that it's a glitch - I've seen this before and they're legit!

Im holding out for LTT extending their dining hours in Dec to match the park hours..

I had a bad feeling about all the dining availability popping up this morning and actually wondered if it was a glitch now I am hearing it was a glitch after all!!! Most of what I did this morning was to change times on exiting reservations now I am hoping I don’t lose everything!

I was initially upset that I missed out on this when I got up this morning (I was like an hour late), buuuut now I'm glad I missed out :O What a MESS. I hope there's some sort of system reset they can do that can give people who changed their ADRs back what they had and just cancel the rest...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter