****December 2020 Thread****

Hello December-go'ers!! Im usually found in the June or February trip threads but with this nasty virus going around we're having discussions about "what happens" if we need to move our June 13-20 trip to December....

So, if i had the time from December 18-January 9th, are there any less busy times to visit or is it pretty much a madhouse the whole Christmas-season??

We have 7 nights booked now and Im assuming we'd do about the same - at whatever DVC resort I could get a 2br villa.

Thanks!

Hello December-go'ers!! Im usually found in the June or February trip threads but with this nasty virus going around we're having discussions about "what happens" if we need to move our June 13-20 trip to December....

So, if i had the time from December 18-January 9th, are there any less busy times to visit or is it pretty much a madhouse the whole Christmas-season??

We have 7 nights booked now and Im assuming we'd do about the same - at whatever DVC resort I could get a 2br villa.

Thanks!

Dec. 18-25 will be less crowded then the Dec. 25 - Jan. 1. But I love both weeks! I guess the question is, do you want to stay for Christmas or New Years. :)

I find Jan 2-9 almost as crowded as Christmas week, but depressing because the Christmas season is over, and decorations are starting to come down, plus there is a run Disney race, from Jan. 6th-10th that ramps up crowds.

Dec. 18-25 will be less crowded then the Dec. 25 - Jan. 1. But I love both weeks! I guess the question is, do you want to stay for Christmas or New Years. :)

I find Jan 2-9 almost as crowded as Christmas week, but depressing because the Christmas season is over, and decorations are starting to come down, plus there is a run Disney race, from Jan. 6th-10th that ramps up crowds.

I just want to be THERE @ Disney if I'm being honest!! HA! Our boys are 21 and 18 and we all want to see the decorations but they won't be upset with no tree/presents if we happen to be hanging out at Disney for Christmas! I'd probably be more drawn to going for Chistmas than New Years now that I think about it.

DH and I have talked about going to Disney to see the decorations during "any season" since we've only been on family trips in June and then our first kid-free trip last February (which was fabulous!!) but I had no idea the possibility could be because our June trip was cancelled due to a VIRUS!! :crazy2::crazy2:

I just want to be THERE @ Disney if I'm being honest!! HA! Our boys are 21 and 18 and we all want to see the decorations but they won't be upset with no tree/presents if we happen to be hanging out at Disney for Christmas! I'd probably be more drawn to going for Chistmas than New Years now that I think about it.

DH and I have talked about going to Disney to see the decorations during "any season" since we've only been on family trips in June and then our first kid-free trip last February (which was fabulous!!) but I had no idea the possibility could be because our June trip was cancelled due to a VIRUS!! :crazy2::crazy2:
I’d maybe do Dec. 20-27 then. I just wouldn’t want to travel Christmas Day or pack up on Christmas Day for travel the following day. You could book a nice Christmas dinner on the 25th. :)

Ok I deleted my previous post, but here I am again...

DH and I have (tentatively, mostly, probably) decided to cancel our two summer vacations (short trip to DLR and long trip to a national park) and schedule one big Disney World trip instead. Disney at Christmas is my absolute favorite, but we've only ever done DLR because it's our home park and much closer, cheaper, and easier for us to accomplish since we live in CA. I'm a teacher, so for us going to Disney World at Christmas means...AT CHRISTMAS. As in, on Christmas day and during Christmas break, when it's the craziest and most expensive! Maybe we're crazy, but we're childless millennials who are pretty great at touring hard, dealing with crowds, and planning, so I truly believe we can handle it.

We've only ever done WDW in the summer, so I'm pretty excited about the weather. I know it's unpredictable in December, but just the thought of being able to wear jeans or a sweatshirt in the parks gives me a little thrill. :laughing:

Currently, we're planning on December 19-28 at POR. We will be celebrating Christmas and our 10th wedding anniversary (which is actually in June, but it's still the same year, so that counts, right?) We honeymooned in WDW at POR back in 2010, and that was the first time there for both of us, which makes returning to POR (a resort we LOVE) extra special.

December is going to be really crowded. lol
It seems that way. Only time will tell as if folk are still worried about this virus or a mutant of it about and/or if the economy is still struggling we will see cancellations. December is a comfortable distance off. Also, it gives folk something positive to look forward to during a fairly dark time such as the present.

Now if only we could convince Disney to somehow bring back the Osborne Lights... that would be something bright to look forward to!

We will be at All Star Music Family suites 12-20-20 to 12-27-20 with 3 adults and 2 teens.

We had a bounce back booked for July and with everything going on decided to move it to December.

I’d maybe do Dec. 20-27 then. I just wouldn’t want to travel Christmas Day or pack up on Christmas Day for travel the following day. You could book a nice Christmas dinner on the 25th. :)
This was very helpful. I was looking at flying home on 12-26 but instead booked through 12-27. Thank you.

Yay!! Point rental came through for my December 13-18 trip. Now staying at AKL Kidani in a Savannah view studio. Can’t wait. Was staying at French Quarter but we wanted to try AKL

Yay!! Point rental came through for my December 13-18 trip. Now staying at AKL Kidani in a Savannah view studio. Can’t wait. Was staying at French Quarter but we wanted to try AKL
We did a split stay in February and loved both places. Though really, I loved the size and convenience of French Quarter. The boat to Disney Springs was awesome.

We were supposed to go this May and had to reschedule, obviously!
headed to the world November 29-December 5 at boardwalk! My mom and dad, husband and 2 year old will be joining!
It will be my 2 year old’s first trip and my dad’s mostly first trip (he stopped by for a day in the 70s on his way to the beach for spring break lol).
Im excited for the new planning challenge! It’s usually just me and my mom and occasionally just me and my husband so this will be totally different!

Joining in with all you December planners! I cancelled my July trip today. As a Canadian, I don’t feel our borders will be open by our travel dates. So I managed to find a 1 bedroom villa at Boulder Ridge from December 19-23! I visited WDW last December and loved all the Christmas decor so am excited to experience it again.

Hubs and I booked a bounce back last October for this December. We will be at Pop Dec 13 through 20th for his birthday !! Here's to hoping all is right in the world by then :)

Jet blue released flights. Got my family of 3 roundtrip for free with my trueblue points from there spend 1k (bought our park tickets) get 60k points special. So excited!

Jet blue released flights. Got my family of 3 roundtrip for free with my trueblue points from there spend 1k (bought our park tickets) get 60k points special. So excited!
How long did it take before your 60K points showed up? We spent the required $1000 and already paid it off, but no points yet :(

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter