December 2021

Happy Dance for booking my 1st solo trip 11/29 to 12/3 at CBR! 💃🏖⛲️ I also made my park reservations; but who knows if I change them or not & yes, hoping PH & FP are operating by then. I will be ok if they’re not as my trip is mainly to just be in my happy place! We went week of Christmas in 2018 & although crowded, had so much fun & the parks were so beautiful in their decor. Hoping the nightime events & fireworks are back by next year. 🧚🏻

We switched our December 8-14 reservation from Pop to All-Star Movies and saved 300 bucks, which we'll put towards airfare.

Just booked Christmas time trip for me and DGS. He is 9 and although we have gone several times together, never at Christmas and he so wanted to see it at Christmas so we Are booked for first week of December at POP.😊😊😊

We are all booked for December 8th-14th at Pop! Desperately needing the Magic. Haven't been since 2017, a long time for me to go between visits.

My last trip to WDW was March 2013. So I get it. So much has changed since I last went. My DDs were able to go with their orchestra March 2020, right before everything started to shut down.

We are booked at Universal for the first 3 days. None of us have ever been to Universal. Then, 8 days at Fort Wilderness over Christmas.

Happy Dance for booking my 1st solo trip 11/29 to 12/3 at CBR! 💃🏖⛲ I also made my park reservations; but who knows if I change them or not & yes, hoping PH & FP are operating by then. I will be ok if they’re not as my trip is mainly to just be in my happy place! We went week of Christmas in 2018 & although crowded, had so much fun & the parks were so beautiful in their decor. Hoping the nightime events & fireworks are back by next year. 🧚🏻

I am glad I read your post. I came to disboards today just to get an idea of how far inadvance you could book your parks. Did not realize we could do it now. With it being Christmas time when we go, I wanted to get our park reservations in early. So, after ready this post of your's - I went in and did them. So, thank you!

Thought I'd join in on the fun. We booked our trip for the week before Christmas, including Christmas day (12/18-12/26) at CBR. I haven't been to WDW since 2000 along with my mom. The rest of our party of 7 (3 kids and 2 other adults) has never been. We're Disneyland locals, but I think everyone needs to see WDW at least once in their lives. So excited to finally have it booked and can't wait to start the countdown.

We aren't booking yet, but we're hoping for Christmas 2021 (12/18-12/27) if all works out, preferably at POR or POFQ. (They have to open sometime, right??) We likely won't want to go if most of the holiday things aren't back next year. At that time of year, it would be a very expensive flight from CA and a very expensive stay in general for less than the full experience.

Christmas at WDW is our ultimate dream, but if Dec 2021 doesn't work out, then we have 2022 options over Feb break, spring break, or summer as back ups (I'm a teacher, which is why I'm picking all the most crowded times). I'll just keep planning potential future trips until one of them works out, I guess!

Last edited:

Thought I'd join in on the fun. We booked our trip for the week before Christmas, including Christmas day (12/18-12/26) at CBR. I haven't been to WDW since 2000 along with my mom. The rest of our party of 7 (3 kids and 2 other adults) has never been. We're Disneyland locals, but I think everyone needs to see WDW at least once in their lives. So excited to finally have it booked and can't wait to start the countdown.
If we go, we'll be there the same crazy, amazing week as you! :) We used to be DLR local APs, but are now in norcal. We still go every year or so. You are right - WDW is definitely something that everyone needs to do! We're constantly encouraging our CA Disney fan friends to go. We meant for our honeymoon in 2010 to be our ONE trip to WDW, but then we went in 2013, and 2019, and now we're jonesing to go back again... ;)

Debating on booking for December 2021, but was a little worried about it being crazy crowded due so many people rebooking from 2020 cancellatiobns and also due to the 50th Anniversary (I think it occurs in October but will there be spillover??).

I'm hopeful for the week before Christmas, as long as things are back to "normal". We have to have the parades, fireworks, 'Ohana, and all the other restaurants open. Oh, and no masks (not debating, just don't want to wear them on a Disney Vacation). We would likely stay at POP, or AoA depending on who goes.

Peeps, I am so excited!!!! Hubby just told me to book it!!! Now just need to figure out what dates I wanna go!!! BEYOND Excited!!! Fingers crossed things will be more back to normal, and please no masks!!! I want Christmas pics with no masks! 🙏

We're set on dates (12/4 - 12/10, or maybe 11), but not set on where to stay! Looking at renting DVC points, also looking at Coronado or maybe the Cabins... really want one of the Riverside resorts but no sign of them reopening. Will be traveling with Hubby and college age daughter, so need space! I think we would kill each other if we were all in one little room for a week :)

Debating on booking for December 2021, but was a little worried about it being crazy crowded due so many people rebooking from 2020 cancellatiobns and also due to the 50th Anniversary (I think it occurs in October but will there be spillover??).

I'm also nervous about this! Hoping the crowds won't be insane. Also hoping FP is back free of charges. We've been enough times that we don't have to do everything. We just want a taste of Disney Christmas!

Happy New Year from Germany :) I wish you all a joyful and healthy 2021.

I just booked my flights yesterday for December 3rd - 10th 2021 and I am beyond excited. I got a great offer and was able to upgrade the long haul flight to business class which makes the trip even more exiting.

Now I have to decided which hotel to book and am looking forward to getting some inspiration :teeth: It will be a solo trip and I am torn between Pop, AoA...Gran Destino and CRB.

It will be my first trip during the holiday season :)

Updating my happy dance: I was just able to upgrade from my placeholder ASMo booking to my dream BCV Studio booking!! I’m so excited to have a couch to sit on while taking a resort break, instead of a bed, and really looking forward to trying out Stormalong Bay.

I know no one knows what's going to happen, and we can't predict the future... But, does anybody "think" there may be discounts for December? The price I booked for Pop is insane. We will most likely go no matter what (as long as it's safe to do so), but I'm really hoping something is offered. We had a trip planned for Dec 2019 that we ultimately had to cancel, but we ended up with free dining which would have saved us some $$$. Any thoughts? Or hopes? :)

Last edited:
Booked out trip the first week in December! Hoping for a discount. According to mousesavers historical discount it usually comes out in July? I don’t want to wait that long🙄

So happy to be able to post on this thread! We are a family of 4 and this will be our first time as a family. 12/10-19 My husband and I were cast members way back in 2002 and we were only able to return once, in 2015. Our boys will be nine and 11 and they’ve done Disneyland once in 2017. We’re also big Universal fans so will be doing a split stay but then on the last night return back to Disney and I planned on renting DVC points for a room at the Poly on our last night.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter