December 4th mvmcp first timer

tczarnecki1965

Earning My Ears
We are planing to attend mvmcp on the 4th. It will be our first time. We have always come during the late spring, May or early June. How crowded is the park for the party compared to those times? We are looking forward to seeing the parks all lit up. Do you have any suggestions for the party? How do they make it snow, and what time do they light the tree?

tczarnecki1965

I'll try to answer some of your questions - first, MVMCP is a limited, separate ticket event. The park closes early (6PM?) to clear out guests in time for the 7PM start. To get back in, you must purchase a separate MVMCP ticket. Even if someone has an annual pass, they must purchase a separate ticket for MVMCP. And there a limited amount of tickets available. I thought I read someplace that no more than 20,000 tickets are sold, but that may be too high. So my first suggestion is get your tickets soon before they run out.

MVMCP lasts from 7PM-12AM. When my family went two years ago, for the first 90 minutes the park was pretty empty. We were able to walk on every ride and just about hit all of them within that 90 minutes. That allowed us to spend the remaining time watching the shows and parade. So my second suggestion is get there early and enjoy the fun.

The park attendance does build up though, but usually you can get on most rides within 15 minutes (some exceptions may be rides in Fantasyland, like Dumbo, where families with small children are highly concentrated). So I would think overall the lines would be less than those in April and May.

The snow is not really snow, but I think some sort of tiny soaps suds. I know someone can give the correct answer on this. Finally, I'd suggest eating dinner before attending the MVMCP. Most, if not all, the counter restaurants only have free cookies and hot chocolate available (all you can eat and drink), not regular food for meals. Now this isn't bad, just don't expect to grab a quick bite of chicken, hamburger or salad during the party. I can't remember if some of the sit down restaurants (like Liberty Tree Tavern or Crystal Palace) are open for regular meals. I think they were open when we were there, but they were very crowded.

Good Luck and have FUN!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter