Decided against breakfast at Kona after looking at a recent menu

SL6827

DIS Veteran
After looking at the menu for breakfast at Kona, I have decided to cancel it. With no Big Kahuna now, the fruit plate not coming in a pineapple and missing the banana bread with it, plus the pricing of the Macadamia Nut Pancakes up to $14.00 from like $10-$11 the last time we ate it, I just decided it was no longer that great a fit for us. They really have dumb down the menu since we ate there last. No blueberry pancakes either? This is very disappointing to me as I used to love the Kona breakfast with a decent price tag with it, now its gone.

Did I make a mistake here, or am I right on the money?

Last edited:
I absolutely agree with you. Kona was a tradition for breakfast for us on our last day of every trip, but sadly no more.

I absolutely agree with you. Kona was a tradition for breakfast for us on our last day of every trip, but sadly no more.
I really hate this, and I may just go back and reserve it again, just to have it on file in case I change my mind back, but the menu has really been dumbed down.

I definitely agree with you, I cancelled out December ADR for the exact same reason!!

Guess we will just stick with Captain Cooks for the most part. I can get Tonga Toast there, even though its not the same as it used to be either. We may just stick with all counter service this trip and forgo table service.

awww im so sad to hear this! I was looking forward to trying it for the first time next summer!

Haven't eaten there in a few years, but loved the stuffed french toast.
Sounds like breakfast isn't the same there anymore.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter