Decisions!!!

ladybugmommy84

This Mommy loves Princess Belle!
I went on my first Disney cruise May of this year! It was amazing and my daughter enjoyed it. Well I am turning 30 next year in September and trying to decide if I should take a 3 night Disney cruise in September or a 7 night Royal Caribbean cruise in December ?

Advice please lol never tried Royal at all

I would read through many of the posts here and see if the kids club sounds good for her, etc etc.

I love cruising, and more days is better than fewer days, plus I like royal, so I’d go with Royal.

I have never sailed on Disney although I hear that the kids experience is fantastic. I am inclined to agree with Bumbershoot in that more days are better than fewer! My kids have loved the kids club on Royal and I've had kids in every age group from infant to teen over the years. In fact, our last couple of cruises, we would really only see the kids at meal times when we made them come eat with us! But it also depends on which ship you are looking at. I would stay with Freedom Class or newer if possible. They just have more activities available for kids. Hope this helps! Let me know if you have any questions re: Royal...I've sailed them quite a bit. Either way, a bad day at sea is better than the best day at work so...!! :sail:

Thank you both so much! That’s one thing I’m worried about is the kids club. She really enjoyed the one on our Disney cruise. Can you give me more information on them? Also is room service free like on Disney? Do the staterooms have bathtubs or just showers?

One itinerary is on the Oasis of the seas and the other is on the Allure of the Seas

I would agree with the sentiment that a longer cruise > shorter cruise, especially when comparing 7 days to 3. There is nothing wrong with a 3-day cruise, mind you, but it's a weekend getaway.

Kids club (Adventure Ocean) on Oasis-class are really good. Different compared to Oceaneers Club/Lab, but I think your daughter would enjoy herself in AO. It's split into groups by age (3-5, 6-8, 9-11) unless there aren't enough kids in AO (unlikely during the day on an Oasis-class ship, but I've seen it happen at night on Harmony). The program is a little more structured than Oceaneers, which has it's pros and cons. FWIW, my two daughters (now 10 and 7) loved both AO and Oceaneers.

Room Service - Continental Breakfast is free, everything else has a $7.95 charge. Yes, it sucks, in a first world problem kind of way.

Standard staterooms have showers only, and it is not split from the toilet as on DCL.

Thank you both so much! That’s one thing I’m worried about is the kids club. She really enjoyed the one on our Disney cruise. Can you give me more information on them? Also is room service free like on Disney? Do the staterooms have bathtubs or just showers?

My son liked the Disney club/lab. But he loved the royal kid club.

My guy is an active extroverted joiner who loves games and likes adults. The counselors on Royal are involved in the activities, and the activities are games, often including balls (like gagaball). The counselors knew him by name by day 2 even outside of the club, and would call out hellos. So my son had a blast.

(He did not, however, enjoy the teen club, even though he has friends older than him...sigh)

If your daughter is very small, doesn’t enjoy ball games, doesn’t want to join in, or perhaps has had head injuries and cannot join in on such games (the matter was literally the case for our tablemates’ daughter two royal cruises ago...she had fun talking to people but couldn’t play), it might not be as much fun for her as it was for my son.

Like starvenger said, there’s a charge for most room service now, but at least it’s not per item. It’s per order.

You all are awesome! My daughter will be 8 at the time of our cruise. She loves playing ball games! She is not too shy so she should really love it! Per order is not so bad! I’m going to miss my tub lol

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts