"Delicious Disney" Cookbook?

quiltymom

DIS Veteran
Has anyone purchased the "Delicious Disney" Cookbook? I didn't get one during my recent trip & I'm having second thoughts about it.

If so, could you please let me know what recipes are in it? That way I'll know if I should call and order it.

Thanks!

I don't think that I have that one but I have a couple of them. There are some good recipes in them but nothing great. We have made a few that we have tried at WDW and didn't thnk they really came out like the ones we had there. But they were good.Have you looked it up on amazon? You can probably get it on there.
Also, I have gotten recipes right on line that are made in the parks and resorts. Google it and see if you get anything.
Good luck:)

Has anyone purchased the "Delicious Disney" Cookbook? I didn't get one during my recent trip & I'm having second thoughts about it.

If so, could you please let me know what recipes are in it? That way I'll know if I should call and order it.

Thanks!

I bought it last trip, and I like it. It features beautiful photography and has a lot of variety in the recipes. There are too many recipes to list here, but I'll try to give you a sense of what the book features.

The focus of the book is on the more high-end restaurant recipes, with a few "classics" such as the Le Cellier Canadian Cheddar Cheese Soup and Kona Cafe's Tonga Toast. The recipes are written in a way to make them more accessible to the home cook, which is helpful since it makes the steps easy to understand and builds confidence that you can successfully make these dishes.

It also features more challenging recipes such as California Grill's Sonoma Goat Cheese Ravioli, Napa Rose's Grilled Rib-eye of Beef Somthered with Coastal Mushrooms and Blue Cheese "Snow" with Panko-crusted Blue Cheese Fries, Jiko's Seared Scallops with Chakalaka and Crisp Mealie Pap, Bistro de Paris's Bouillabaisse Provencale... you get the picture, right? I feel the inclusion of these more challenging recipes appeals to the Food & Wine Festival regulars, so it has a more "gourmet" feel than some of the other Disney cookbooks.

My only complaint is the book's organization. There are only chapter titles listed at the beginning of the book, and there is no recipe index to speak of. I also own "Cooking with Mickey and the Disney Chefs" by the same author, Pam Brandon, and found there are some duplicate recipes. I didn't realize how many recipes I already had from this book because I couldn't easily compare/contrast it to the one I already had. However, this is a minor issue compared to the joy I've already experienced by making a few of the recipes and impressing my spouse with my culinary skills.

PM me if you want more details!

Thanks so much! This description really helps. I remember looking through it at the time and thinking that it wasn't what I was looking for, but then I always think that then wish I had purchased it. It looks like it's more than I want to deal with right now as far as food preparation time, and the kids most likely wouldn't be too interested in the recipes. I'll think about it a bit more before deciding.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter