Delightful Dilemma...

keishashadow

Proud Redhead...yes, I have some bananas!
We've been WL'd 4 months, had given up hope...behold, on my answering machine today was a message from MS that VWL is now available - if we want it!

A few months ago, I would've immediately jumped @ the chance. Although, I was initially disappointed that we couldn't stay @ VWL, I got excited enough about BWV over time to purchase it, sight unseen...no, I am not impulsive.LOL

I have the weekend to mull it over before I need to call MS back. DH is a mellow sort - doesn't care where he stays:cool1: I'm really torn between the two resorts...especially since I haven't seen either yet.

Since it will be pre-Christmas, I'm sure both will be very festive. We own @ both, so I'll have advantage of 11 month windows in future and have a BWV stay planned for June of '06.

For those of you who have stayed @ both over Christmas holidays, which did you prefer. TIA

If you have a BWV stay planned for June, go ahead and take VWL now. I'm one of those people who find the northwest forest theme a bit disconcerting in Florida. But around the holidays, it really comes into its own.

rocketriter said:
If you have a BWV stay planned for June, go ahead and take VWL now. I'm one of those people who find the northwest forest theme a bit disconcerting in Florida. But around the holidays, it really comes into its own.
Thanks is that a flying pig, as in "when pigs fly"? LOL

Definitely WL pre-christmas - since you are doing BWV in the summer. WL is lovely. I reserved saratoga springs as i could not get VWL, but i must admit, i am in the same position as you. I'm so geared up towards doing SSR that it would be tough to choose if VWL came up. Good luck deciding and remember - we will all get to stay at each one eventually - if we choose to do so.

Stay at BWV it is beautiful at christmas time yes VWL has teh great tree but BWV has the boardwalk all decked out and an amazing lobby display.

Last year we were at BWV in December and this year it's VWL, we switch back and forth. BWV is walking distance, or an easy boat ride from 2 great Christmas events, the Osborne lights and Candlelight Processional. VWL is great for the MVMCP, and even I think it's 2 boats from the GF, a destination in it's own right. They all have seasonal festivities, singing, and holiday decorations.

So, where do you want to begin your DVC journey? We began ours at VWL, in '03, the year we bought into DVC! THAT was our choice!

Bobbi :flower:

"So, where do you want to begin your DVC journey?", what a great way to put it - I'm getting teary-eyed...I'm such a sap.LOL

We're planning on Osb. LIghts, CP & MVMCP. Only drawback @ VWL is the point factor being higher. Since points were less @ BWV Stand., I just had to add Saturday on my original res & book non-refundable airfare. It's getting tougher to decide by the minute. Probably will fret about it all weekend.

My DS confided in me how he usually makes his big decisions (heads you win, tales you lose). It might come down to that.:banana:

That is definately a tough call, but as you said, you own at VWL so you could have the 11 mo window for next year. The cost of the points will pretty much be the same regardless of which year you go.

Our first stay is at BWV in a std studio and we are only doing that because in March '06 it's the same point cost as an OKW studio. We might plan a christmas trip for next year and go for VWL, OKW or SSR. But who knows... :teeth: We figure we've got 36-48 years to try them all out. :cool1:

VWL it is...DH "fessed up" that it was his 1st pick - so away we go!

Hope someone gets lucky w/BWV.

Hmmm...36 years more to enjoy DVC...I'll be how old? :faint:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter