Delta changed our flight to 7:20 am!

There is a hotel actually on the grounds of CVG. I have no hesitation of booking an early flight AND no hesitation about a layover. You don't say what time the connecting flight departs. But, especially if I had the evening before free, I'd drive up the night before and stay near (or at) the airport. We are also ~90 minutes away from CVG.

Leaving from home:
7:20 Flight
5:45-6 Arrive at airport (probably don't need to be quite that early, but I'm paranoid about car problems)
4:15 Leaving from home
3:00 Wakeup

Hotel nearby
7:20 flight
5:45-6 arrive at airport
5:30 Leave hotel
4:30 wakeup (that's assuming family, if just me, 5am wakeup)

Call it $150 for an extra 90 minutes of sleep, no brainer.

And, can be at the park by Noon? Yup. Early flight for me.
Do you think arriving at CVG at 6:00 will be enough time? We usually arrive 2 hours early, but sit and eat breakfast. We usually have plenty of time. I’m thinking of just arriving at 6:00 and risk the worry about have any car problems or anything.
What hotel is on the grounds and how often does the shuttle run?

Last edited:
We live in a southern suburb of a city, while the airport is on the north side. It is about an hour drive from our house to the airport. For early morning flights, I sometime book a room near the airport for the night before.

Do you think arriving at CVG at 6:00 will be enough time? We usually arrive 2 hours early, but sit and eat breakfast. We usually have plenty of time. I’m thinking of just arriving at 6:00 and risk the worry about have any car problems or anything.
What hotel is on the grounds and how often does the shuttle run?
The hotel is a DoubleTree. I would feel comfortable arriving at 6, but depending on the number in the party, the ages of those traveling, and how many bags need checked might modify the time. I don't know how often the shuttle runs, but I think you can leave your car parked at the hotel during the trip, and therefore not pay for parking. Double check that with the hotel though.
https://www.hilton.com/en/hotels/cv...tbG9jYXRpb24uZ29vZ2xlX3dlYnNpdGVfb3ZlcnJpZGU=

The hotel is a DoubleTree. I would feel comfortable arriving at 6, but depending on the number in the party, the ages of those traveling, and how many bags need checked might modify the time. I don't know how often the shuttle runs, but I think you can leave your car parked at the hotel during the trip, and therefore not pay for parking. Double check that with the hotel though.
https://www.hilton.com/en/hotels/cvghbdt-doubletree-cincinnati-airport/?SEO_id=GMB-DT-CVGHBDT&y_source=1_MTM3MjU3MS03MTUtbG9jYXRpb24uZ29vZ2xlX3dlYnNpdGVfb3ZlcnJpZGU=
We will just have 2 adults, carry on bags only, and we will be dropped off. So no car.

We will just have 2 adults, carry on bags only, and we will be dropped off. So no car.
Then I would definitely say 6am is plenty of time. You can almost walk from the hotel to the concourse. The 'McDonalds' is in the main terminal in the picture below:

CVG is kind of a dead airport (Unless you're a DHL or Amazon package) and dead airports are always easy to get away with shorter show times.

For what it's worth, I showed up at Disney once at like 6AM (maybe even before that). I was really just looking for them to take my bag but they ended up giving me a room at the same time and this was pre-COVID so I doubt they'll be anywhere near capacity when you arrive.

Last edited:
But, especially if I had the evening before free, I'd drive up the night before and stay near (or at) the airport. We are also ~90 minutes away from CVG.
I had a flight a week ago from MDW that left at 0640. I live three hours north of Chicago. I had planned on waking up and leaving home at 0130 to get to the parking lot at 0430. Wife talked me into finding out how much a hotel room somewhere near MDW was. I got a Hampton Inn for $58, left home at 1715 Tuesday night, arrived at the hotel at 2000, quick run for some hot dogs (I was in Chicago after all) and in bed by 2130. Up at 0400 and at the parking lot at 0430.

In three weeks my family and I have a flight MKE-DEN at 0630 and will be doing something similar there.

I would look into getting a room at the airport it really helps with the early arrival... ( at home)
I dont mind switching planes if it doesnt add hours to the travel time.. sometimes it's a good thing if you are on a full plane.
We just got back yesterday. We were really early for our room, Pop kept our bags till our room was ready. We went to DS for lunch then back to the room at 4 we were ready for some tv time and to bed early because to be at MK I needed to be up early.

Last edited:
I need some advice. We were changed from an afternoon non stop flight to a non stop 7:20am flight. We would have to get up super early to make this flight. Also our room probably will not be ready when we arrive around 10:30am at WDW.
I hate for us to have no sleep plus no room to get into when we get there.
On the other hand I can change with no fees, but we will have a layover in Atlanta. I really do not want to travel through 2 airports and 2 airplanes with the coronavirus problems.
Should we keep the 7:20am non stop flight and tough it out or change to the one with a lay over in Atlanta? What would you do?
Go into yo,ur MDE and change your arrival time to like 9 AM. Might help, might not. Our room was ready at 9:30 last week. What resort are you staying at? We were at the Yacht Club and it was dead so that may have been the reason it was ready so early that morning. A value or moderate resort may not be as empty.

i would keep the early non stop flight. But, we are early risers. AND.... you get to start your vacation that much earlier!!

Go into yo,ur MDE and change your arrival time to like 9 AM. Might help, might not. Our room was ready at 9:30 last week. What resort are you staying at? We were at the Yacht Club and it was dead so that may have been the reason it was ready so early that morning. A value or moderate resort may not be as empty.
We are staying at CBR.

There is no way I could stay in a hotel knowing DisneyWorld is only miles away. But I live in Seattle.
I would do something leisurely the 1st day. Walk around Epcot, see the movies, have a big latte.

Let your resort know you are arriving early, a room may be ready.

This is the earliest Delta has started moving us around (last night was the first change for our Christmas Day flight). There are 4 of us traveling (me, DH, DS and DS's GF - both 18). When I booked it they told me DS's had to be on a separate reservation because he had an e-credit voucher from a previous flight, but that the two reservations were "linked" in their system. Apparently not, because last night I got notice that our original flight was cancelled and my DS was rebooked on a completely different flight than the rest of us. So, phone call to Delta at 11pm to get it straightened out. Only way to get us all on the same reservation (so that we wouldn't get split up on future flight changes) was to cancel all our tickets and rebook (OF COURSE with a fare increase :rolleyes1). Anyway, keep an eye on your flights!

This is the earliest Delta has started moving us around (last night was the first change for our Christmas Day flight). There are 4 of us traveling (me, DH, DS and DS's GF - both 18). When I booked it they told me DS's had to be on a separate reservation because he had an e-credit voucher from a previous flight, but that the two reservations were "linked" in their system. Apparently not, because last night I got notice that our original flight was cancelled and my DS was rebooked on a completely different flight than the rest of us. So, phone call to Delta at 11pm to get it straightened out. Only way to get us all on the same reservation (so that we wouldn't get split up on future flight changes) was to cancel all our tickets and rebook (OF COURSE with a fare increase :rolleyes1). Anyway, keep an eye on your flights!
Oh my gosh 😱! Sounds like a mess! I’m going to go check our flights now.

I've taken a 6:10am flight out of Philly. Had to get up about 3am to get showered and ready to get to the airport about 1hr 15min before flight (due to checking bags). We did load the car completely the before we went to bed, so the morning routine didn't include anything outside the "usual" getting ready to go somewhere. This upcoming trip, I picked a 7:50am flight. American moved it to 7:10am.

The nice thing about flying so early, and being non-stop... It gives us an extra park day. We slept on the plane and Magical Express. When we got to the hotel, if the room wasn't ready we dropped our bags with Bell Services and immediately head to the parks.. We weren't as tired when we returned at night as we thought... although we did crash as soon as we laid down, and were well rested the next morning.

Just remember that if you usually take a bag to the parks (like for sun screen, wipes, power bank, zip bags, etc), you pack that in your carry-on... so its easy to get it out at the hotel... Then again, with Magical Express not delivering bags to the resorts/rooms right now, you can put it in your check bag too... just make sure its easy to access where ever you pack it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!