Dessert at Blue Bayou question

greewe

Mouseketeer
Has anyone made a reservation for dessert only at Blue Bayou?

We are a party of 11 and all really love the feel of this restaurant but it’s not in everyone’s budget. I thought dessert would be a good compromise.

Is this something that is ok to do?

We are a party of 11 and all really love the feel of this restaurant but it’s not in everyone’s budget. I thought dessert would be a good compromise.

We didn't want to cut into the dinning space for others and wait staff of BB.
We went once for dessert and went with the first reservation time of the day.
To make up for only a dessert tab, we did leave a nice tip.

Tough call.....

Geemo

I think it’s totally appropriate. IF you are in and out quickly, some potential walk ups will have their day made! You’re paying very good money for this experience-tip well and don’t feel guilty at all.

The desserts are pretty limited, and 11 is a lot to take the place of full meal diners (I tend to look out for the servers. I'd make sure I tipped as if we all had full meals.)

I believe the dessert options are a creme brulee and a chocolate cake. I've been told the chocolate cake is only meh.

We have a 3pm reservation at B.B. Just wondering...Are their appetiser options at BB? Can you order just gumbo or salad for example. And then maybe dessert? Since it’s an odd meal time we may not want full meals.

We have a 3pm reservation at B.B. Just wondering...Are their appetiser options at BB? Can you order just gumbo or salad for example. And then maybe dessert? Since it’s an odd meal time we may not want full meals.

At Blue Bayou the appetizers are included with the entrees and cannot be ordered separately.

We've done it. Made sure to tip the waiter extra, they don't seem to mind. We are also quick eaters and it's not a long wait for the desserts.

At Blue Bayou the appetizers are included with the entrees and cannot be ordered separately.

The last time I looked at the BB menu there was a section for starters with prices so I assumed you could order only starters, including gumbo, if you wanted to. Is this incorrect? Anyone?

THE creme brûlée is also meh. I wouldn’t do this. Especially with such a huge group! We did this our first time. It was so embarrassing. They’d served us bread. And it wasn’t that great.

IMO it’s totally appropriate for large groups to split up throughout the day. Some may want big rides, some may want dark, some may want a fancy meal out.

Ride pirates multiple times for that atmosphere.

The last time I looked at the BB menu there was a section for starters with prices so I assumed you could order only starters, including gumbo, if you wanted to. Is this incorrect? Anyone?

According to the menu on the official DL site, Blue Bayou has the following appetizers:
Whole Spiced Shrimp $13
N'awlins Gumbo $7
House Salad $6

https://disneyland.disney.go.com/dining/disneyland/blue-bayou-restaurant/menus/

Interesting. I’ve dined there 4 times and every time you chose a starter with your entree (gumbo or salad). Twice there was an additional starter that was a small upcharge (usually shrimp).

Interesting. I’ve dined there 4 times and every time you chose a starter with your entree (gumbo or salad). Twice there was an additional starter that was a small upcharge (usually shrimp).

The last time we ate there I don't remember there being starters with prices on the website menu and I'm pretty sure they weren't on the restaurant menu either. I do remember getting a starter with my entree so I'm guessing this is new. It's a nice option. We're considering ordering two gumbos and having one of us order a monte cristo. That way we all get gumbo and one monte cristo for the table for the three of us to share. It's more than enough.

I believe this is a recent (as in the past month) change.

That was our experience previously as well. Interesting to know it's now an option. I'm sort of surprised.

Comparing the prices today to the prices on allears in March, the meal price stayed the same, just starter now. So, the lamb is still $42, but adding the gumbo or salad is now an additional $7. A couple entrees did come down $2.

The Monte Cristo is now $29 here.

Comparing the prices today to the prices on allears in March, the meal price stayed the same, just starter now. So, the lamb is still $42, but adding the gumbo or salad is now an additional $7. A couple entrees did come down $2.

The Monte Cristo is now $29 here.
So wait, you're saying it's all a la carte now? If so, that's a huge price spike! And I wouldn't be the least bit surprised to find people going in to order just starters.

So wait, you're saying it's all a la carte now? If so, that's a huge price spike! And I wouldn't be the least bit surprised to find people going in to order just starters.

Someone in a foodie group I'm in said they tried to order starters separately/only when this went live and were denied. Still had to be ordered with an entree. Haven't tried it personally.

So it's basically an increase to the entree price without actually increasing the entree price so obviously.

Someone in a foodie group I'm in said they tried to order starters separately/only when this went live and were denied. Still had to be ordered with an entree. Haven't tried it personally.

So it's basically an increase to the entree price without actually increasing the entree price so obviously.
Why doesn't that surprise me?

I'm repeating myself, but that's a really substantial price increase. I'm not OK with that. If we still go, we'll be relegated to the dessert only crowd. But I bet it won't be long before they shut that down.

That almost makes the Fantasmic package reasonable? ;) Although I'm sure they'll sort that out soon enough.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter