DH has said that we MIGHT be able to go next spring!

Familyof6

Mouseketeer
We just got back from the "trip of a lifetime". GF-RPC and DCL-Walt Disney Suite. Dh loved touring the parks and has said he'd like to go again. He decided to go when SOG reopens, but doesn't want to take the kids out of school this time. I've told him that maybe we could go next spring and just stay at a cheaper hotel...and go budget all the way...leaving room for another trip the following spring when SOG is open again. What are some suggestions of places to stay that would be good but not too expensive. I've heard good things about the All-Stars. Should we look into that? What rate should we expect to pay for a trip in Late April/early May (our spring vacation time)?
Are there moderate hotels that are fairly reasonable for a budget trip or should we just be looking into value hotels?
I spent so long planning the last trip and it truly was wonderful, but we won't be splurging like that again, so I have to change my research. Any help would be appreciated.
BTW, there will be 6 of us, so we'll most likely have to get two rooms unless there are budget suites too.

TIA,
Lisa :D

That's great! :) I'm sure you'll have a great time!

I've stayed at the All-Star Music last March, and thought it was fine. We got a room with two doubles and rollaway - it was close to $133 a night. Their rooms have either 2 doubles or 1 king - there are lots of connecting rooms. :)

Coronado Springs also has Junior Suites with 2 doubles in the bedroom, and a living room with either a queen murphy bed or a pull out couch (I forget which one is in the 2double suite). They are around $275 a night in value season. :)

Hi Lisa,
sounds like you had a fantastic time at the GF and DCL!

that is great that your dh wants to go back in the spring!

If you go in May, that will be considered regular season, and there are usually some pretty good discounts available!
depending on when you go... you can count on paying anywhere between about $99 - $109 a night at the AS's
or $144 - $169 for moderates. these are rack rates for 2003, but hopefully you will be able to get a nice discount!

I sent you a PM!

Laura :)

In May we had a AP rate of $94 for CBR, then got it for $84- FL Res. I'm not sure what the AS was, but I'm sure for early May you can get a good deal. April is peak season (check the dates ) and the rates and crowds will be higher. We went on the first weekend of may- no crowds, most everything was a walk on in the morning and evenings.

We stayed in two connecting rooms at the ASMo in Jan and I would recommend this for a budget trip. the food court is very convenient and bus servcie was fine. We used the pool in the afternoons and it was very nice and a had a pool bar.
the two rooms are nice because of the 2 bathrooms.

The way I usually get my DH to say yes is to say that I'll stay at the AS. He says ok and I book it. Then I wait for discounts and see what our situation is.

For Labor Day Weekend we originally had ASMu (which I still want to stay at someday), and now we have AKL!!!

I see what you're saying...use the bait and switch! ;) I like that, but it may not get me another trip when SOG opens. DH would be too afraid I'd try it on him again!:) Just kidding. Your trip sounds wonderful.

CaliD, if you can go from GF to AS, so can we!;) I'm just wondering what kind of discounts MAY be available next spring...from past history. I know we can't count on them being offered, but I'd just like to get some idea of what to watch for. The kids' vacation is from April 26th to May 4th. I'm hoping that's a slower time of year. We were there this year from May 15th to May 19th and we did walk on just about every ride...even BTTRR!! TWICE!! We were able to get in 8 rides in two hours at MK! I'm hoping for those kind of crowds again!:cool:

Laura, I've sent you an email. Thanks for the rack rates...any clue as to what we may expect for discounted rates? (I wouldn't hold you to your guessitmate. ;) )

Thanks for your prompt replies! I knew I could count on all of you!:p

Lisa:D

Have you considered using Shades of Green for the Contemporary Wing? I also enjoy the Contemporary! Their rooms are very large (the bedroom area of our room at the CR was about the size of the entire room at the AS!).

Anyways, yes, it was quite "different" to stay at the All-Stars (coming from staying at all deluxes, including the GF, prior), but we got by. I'd actually like to try the new Pop Century when it opens. :) I'd stay at the All-Stars again, it wasn't bad at all.

:)

Familyof6, I am so happy to hear that your family had a magical vacation. And I am happy to hear that you are already planning another WDW vacation, even if it is on a lesser scale. As long as you keep your Disney Attitude about you at all times during your vacation planning, then it really shouldn’t matter what resort you choose. I have had excellent stays at the Coronado Springs Resort, the Swan, and the Caribbean Beach Resort. I would not hesitate to stay at any of them again. I also had a stay booked last year for the Pop Century, but Disney put that resort on-hold and thus I had to stay elsewhere. I thought it would have been fun to experience a brand-new value resort. Hopefully on one of my future vacations, I’ll get to stay there. And will I compare it with any of my more expen$ive WDW vacations? No. Not at all. I’ll keep my Disney Attitude with me at all times and a magical vacation will appear, I have no doubts in my mind whatsoever.

Please keep us posted regarding what you decide to do. It was fun to answer your questions during your last vacation planning session!

Thanks so much for helping us plan our last vacation. Much of your information was so useful.
I'm working on a trip report that is far from short. I'm not sure anyone will want to read it, but I'm writing it anyway. I should have the Land portion done soon.

We had such a magical time at WDW that I can't imagine we could ever have a bad time no matter where we stay. I have to convince dh that there is enough reason to go next Spring and again the following spring. He's tempted to just wait until SOG is open again. (I'M NOT!) He thinks perhaps we should do something else and then go to WDW in 2 yrs.
With all your WDW wisdom, do you have any sage advice as to how to get dh to agree to two more trips?:rolleyes:

Thanks again, Janet for your assistance!

Familyof6, I am awaiting your trip report -- please let me know once you've posted it.

As to your question regarding how to get your husband to agree to two more trips, I can only offer you some Pixie Dust and what I do -- "Hey, dear husband; whether or not you join me, I'm Goin' To Disney World, I'm Goin' To Disney World..." Oh, I'm being silly, aren't I?! But it is true. My husband has mentioned on various occasions that he would like to do something different (I should note that we do do different things, we just don't seem to do them as often as our WDW trips). Then I start mentioning that I have multiple fishing excursions booked, the Luau and Hoop-Dee-Doo booked, dinner at Victoria & Albert's booked, Cirque du Soleil booked, golf lessons booked, tennis lessons booked, etc. Once he starts to realize that we can do more things during a WDW vacation than we can during a vacation "somewhere else," he soon comes under my spell and my wish is his every command. Sappy, yes, but it works for me!

Wow, I wish that would work for me. Needless to say, with 4 kids to add to the picture of every trip (we wouldn't consider going without them yet--perhaps ever) I can't just book it. It's a major financial concern when you take all of us into consideration...two rooms, 6 plane tix, 6 park tix, etc...
I guess I shouldn't complain too much. I just received a beautiful diamond anniversary ring for our 15th wedding anniversary. I never expected that, after our "trip of a lifetime"! DH did offer a trip to WDW for our anniversary...when I said, "SURE"! He said, "Great, that's already been taken care of"...meaning the trip we just took:p I told him that didn't count.;)
Oh well, I'll just keep reading and occasionally look into certain dates until I just find and incredible deal and time that we can't pass up! BTW, winter will be out of the running, dh and the 3 older kids are big into skiing. All vacations in the winter will have to be to ski resorts instead of FL.:( But most ski resorts have hot tubs for me and dd2! We'll pretend we're in FL!:)
Janet, I have to say, I really appreciate all your posts. They helped us so much! Thanks.
I have the first three days of my trip report done plus a background page. I'll post it soon.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter