DHS Construction update thread (Read Post 1) Updated 8/21/19

Status
Not open for further replies.

I spent a good part of the day yesterday at DHS. I feel bad for those that don’t have awareness to the absolute level of construction going on. Unless you are on Hollywood or Sunset Blvds it is literally visible just about everywhere else.

We walked from Boardwalk Villas to DHS and there are construction fences, cranes and other equipment around the parking lot everywhere you look. The work on the new parking lot, road work and gondola stations are right in your face as you navigate through the maze of fenced off pathways.

The parks aren’t as bad since the work is off to the park perimeter. But there are cranes sticking up all over.

Having said all of that, the park itself has the best Christmas decorations of the four. Hollywood Blvd, Sunset Blvd and Echo Lake are stunning!

779A3B2D-92AF-42F1-ACAE-813E708B75A0.jpeg
45DFCF69-865F-4C84-8F65-DD16E8E874C9.jpeg
11E9E187-81BD-441B-B489-E5BEDE89BC49.jpeg
0D97C556-97DA-40E7-89DB-81D8F8D40A5B.jpeg
AD47561D-0E8B-4C08-84FF-19787CA010A3.jpeg
The shows at night are both a lot of fun too! I at least give them props for building up the Christmas theming. The lack of rides is evident but the decorations and shows are top notch and not to be missed.

Last edited:
No way to know for sure and I wouldn't plan a trip around when something might be open ...

... that said, everything seems to be on track or ahead and I see a lot of speculation that the land would be open similar to how they opened Pandora with official opening around Memorial daybwith some previews before that

And I am sure they want to have the new land open for Summer to help market for that peak time period

I got an update from touring plans that revised up the crowd level for DHS significantly for the first week of May. They’re showing DHS as more crowded than AK (which hasn’t generally been the case since Pandora). We went in May last year and AK was not revised up significantly (maybe a point or two here or there) for Pandora soft openings or anything. DHS was revised up +3 or 4 several days for May 2018.

I wonder if they have insight into ToyStoryland opening earlier than Memorial Day? :magnify:

I got an update from touring plans that revised up the crowd level for DHS significantly for the first week of May. They’re showing DHS as more crowded than AK (which hasn’t generally been the case since Pandora). We went in May last year and AK was not revised up significantly (maybe a point or two here or there) for Pandora soft openings or anything. DHS was revised up +3 or 4 several days for May 2018.

I wonder if they have insight into ToyStoryland opening earlier than Memorial Day? :magnify:

it's possible - just having gone through how Pandora rollout happened, maybe they are planning on similar for DHS and just figure with people with special tickets or people hoping for a soft opening they can get in to that the crowds will be higher then (i.e., they learned from this past year)

It's possible they will be opening earlier, just not sure if Touring Plans would have access to that info before others

Yeah, think that is a very reasonable assumption by touring plans. If nothing else, I'm sure there will be a lot of PR events for TV, other media and the like. There will be an uptick in bodies on property even if the new area isn't open yet.

I had an update for April and they also increased all the Hollywood Studios crowd levels. I was thinking of skipping the park but if there's even the slightest, slightest, slightest possibility of riding SD..... =)

I had an update for April and they also increased all the Hollywood Studios crowd levels. I was thinking of skipping the park but if there's even the slightest, slightest, slightest possibility of riding SD..... =)

Dare we dream ... April 1st Easter opening?? Disney redemption for the fiasco that was ROL?

(Yes, I know it’s not likely but a girl can hope.)

I glanced at this quickly (thanks for posting) and thought the arches in the first picture were actually the track in a series of corkscrews. Wait a minute! I thought this was supposed to be a kids coaster! :rotfl2:

That would have been cool though ...

Imagineering panel. Few things to note. Images from what the inside of the Falcon will look likes. One imagineer also lets the code name slip... Delos. As many who follow the rumor-sphere know that has been the said code name since the beginning and that was confirmed here.

See, now when they mentioned the milestone highest piece being signed at WDW in mid November, I was taking that as a solid 3 months behind.
And then I just realized, when did they INSTALL that piece in WDW??? It went up in August in DL and it was covered extensively by the media. There has been coverage on the signing in DHS and I took for granted it went up immediately. Maybe they just signed it before the holiday season. I found a questionable source (though with crane pics) indicating in wasn't actually installed until this month.

DL Launch Bay has a different section of the SWGE model
What is different between the two models? Besides the entrances? Is it significant enough to affect timelines?
(Have I thanked you lately?)

I think everyone knows, I would MUCH prefer the two lands open together.

What is different between the two models? Besides the entrances? Is it significant enough to affect timelines?
(Have I thanked you lately?)

I think everyone knows, I would MUCH prefer the two lands open together.
The model was cut up in sections. DHS has one piece and DL has another piece. It’s all from the same model.

The major difference between the two lands is Disneyland will have three entrances to the land. DHS will only have two.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!