DHS/Toy Story Land "Early Morning Magic" (EMM) FAQ & Discussion

I watched the Tim Tracker review on YouTube, and it looks really fun. My only, very minor, issue is that the line seemed pretty long to meet Woody and Jessie. I personally don’t care about meeting them, but I wonder whether meeting the characters will be the bottleneck. I do want to meet Buzz, so I guess we just need to do that early.

I’m wondering, as the weather cools down, if they’ll stay out for longer periods of time. By the time late October rolls around, it isn’t going to be in the 80s with a zillion % humidity at 7:30 in the morning. That’s my hope, anyway.

I watched the video too and I actually didn’t think the line looked that long. There were several people in line, but characters meet entire groups at once. 25 people in line could easily be just 5-7 groups.

I’m wondering, as the weather cools down, if they’ll stay out for longer periods of time. By the time late October rolls around, it isn’t going to be in the 80s with a zillion % humidity at 7:30 in the morning. That’s my hope, anyway.

I watched the video too and I actually didn’t think the line looked that long. There were several people in line, but characters meet entire groups at once. 25 people in line could easily be just 5-7 groups.

I expect that you are right - it must be horrendous in those giant plastic heads right now!

I don’t think the line looked long objectively, but it seemed longer than anything else they showed. I never thought about the characters being a big draw at this type of event, so it surprised me. You are right that each person won’t be seen individually, but unless you get no interaction time, it could easily be the longest wait of the event.

just watched thanks tigger. funny how they ate first! I guess at 9 if people enjoy the other rides rnrc, tot, etc. go there at 9 then eat at 9:30 but we don't ride those so i guess we're done but to eat and that's it?! Not much more else there. maybe a show?

I expect that you are right - it must be horrendous in those giant plastic heads right now!

I don’t think the line looked long objectively, but it seemed longer than anything else they showed. I never thought about the characters being a big draw at this type of event, so it surprised me. You are right that each person won’t be seen individually, but unless you get no interaction time, it could easily be the longest wait of the event.

Also, of course pure guessing without a whole lot of data, but I wonder if lines will drop for character the closer it gets to park opening and people skedaddle to get to RNRC or TOT

It definitely depends on the family. My almost 3 year old loves characters and Toy Story. I think this is the only place to meet Woody & Jessie. Prior to the announcement of this event, I was trying mighty hard to figure out how to do all of TSL (including the meet & greets) with minimal waits and conceded that we may have to just drop something if the waits were too long. Booking the event was really a no-brainer for us, and I suspect a lot of families with young kids are in the same boat.

just watched thanks tigger. funny how they ate first! I guess at 9 if people enjoy the other rides rnrc, tot, etc. go there at 9 then eat at 9:30 but we don't ride those so i guess we're done but to eat and that's it?! Not much more else there. maybe a show?

I wonder if they were allowed to eat at 7am and not go into the Land until 7:30. It wasn’t clear, but it’s possible.

For what it’s worth, we are doing Star Tours at 9am, maybe Jedi Training, and then going over to Epcot. I don’t really care about the shows, so I will be happy once I have seen Toy Story Land!

Also, of course pure guessing without a whole lot of data, but I wonder if lines will drop for character the closer it gets to park opening and people skedaddle to get to RNRC or TOT

Quite possibly. I’m not sure what time the characters have to be back out for normal day guests, so they may need to go back for a break at some point too, though.

It definitely depends on the family. My almost 3 year old loves characters and Toy Story. I think this is the only place to meet Woody & Jessie. Prior to the announcement of this event, I was trying mighty hard to figure out how to do all of TSL (including the meet & greets) with minimal waits and conceded that we may have to just drop something if the waits were too long. Booking the event was really a no-brainer for us, and I suspect a lot of families with young kids are in the same boat.

Absolutely, and in your position I would have done the same thing without hesitation. We will have my 9 year old niece with us, but while she is excited about TSL, she’s not one for most characters, so this was about avoiding the Columbus Day crowds for us.

I hope your family has a wonderful time. I can only imagine the excitement at that age of meeting the characters you love and knowing they are real. Overused as the word is, it will be magical. :)

Edit: I think the reason I hadn’t thought about characters is partly because we are also doing MNSSHP, where so much of the discussion is about meeting rare characters. Because this is a “normal” park day, in that you don’t get anything that standard day guests don’t get (except breakfast), I guess I never considered how big a draw the short lines for characters could be. I have enough nieces and nephews to remember how long 10 minutes in line can feel to young children, so it definitely makes sense if that’s what your kids will enjoy.

Last edited:

thats exactly why we booked it.. being able to do TSL with little to no wait for my 2.5 yo DS.. NO BRAINER!!!!!!!
and I dont have to freak out over FP+ for anything.. amazing!!

I wonder if they were allowed to eat at 7am and not go into the Land until 7:30. It wasn’t clear, but it’s possible.

For what it’s worth, we are doing Star Tours at 9am, maybe Jedi Training, and then going over to Epcot. I don’t really care about the shows, so I will be happy once I have seen Toy Story Land!

Quite possibly. I’m not sure what time the characters have to be back out for normal day guests, so they may need to go back for a break at some point too, though.

Absolutely, and in your position I would have done the same thing without hesitation. We will have my 9 year old niece with us, but while she is excited about TSL, she’s not one for most characters, so this was about avoiding the Columbus Day crowds for us.

I hope your family has a wonderful time. I can only imagine the excitement at that age of meeting the characters you love and knowing they are real. Overused as the word is, it will be magical. :)

We took him last year at 18 months, and it was amazing seeing his face when he saw Mickey for the first time (at Garden Grill). Now, he knows more characters and talks a lot...I can’t wait for him to tell me what he thinks! This trip is a birthday celebration for him, as we will be there the week before he turns 3.

We did EMM at MK last year (and are doing it again this year), and are very excited about this Hollywood Studios EMM event!

We took him last year at 18 months, and it was amazing seeing his face when he saw Mickey for the first time (at Garden Grill). Now, he knows more characters and talks a lot...I can’t wait for him to tell me what he thinks! This trip is a birthday celebration for him, as we will be there the week before he turns 3.

We did EMM at MK last year (and are doing it again this year), and are very excited about this Hollywood Studios EMM event!

That’s so lovely! I’m sure he will have a wonderful time, and an amazing birthday!

My 4 year old is recently Toy Story obsessed (his sisters never liked it when they were his age) so I cannot wait for the character meets. I've got SDD FP for two days so if we only get to ride SDD three times instead of seven because we're meeting characters, I'm okay with that. Also, just based on the way the AP mornings are going and this one event to go on, it sounds like whatever your objective is with EMM, you can do it. I'm so excited I almost can't stand it!

And @Tigger in a kilt - we'll see you there on the 8th!

My 4 year old is recently Toy Story obsessed (his sisters never liked it when they were his age) so I cannot wait for the character meets. I've got SDD FP for two days so if we only get to ride SDD three times instead of seven because we're meeting characters, I'm okay with that. Also, just based on the way the AP mornings are going and this one event to go on, it sounds like whatever your objective is with EMM, you can do it. I'm so excited I almost can't stand it!

And @Tigger in a kilt - we'll see you there on the 8th!

How fun! I probably won’t be wearing a kilt, but I do look very Scottish, so if you see me, you are very welcome to take my space in the queue for the characters!

I can’t believe how close it is now, and I’m incredibly excited about this event. It will be our second day and I can’t think of a better way to start our vacation.

Given that it was a media event as well, it was likely structured for them to eat first – with the chef explaining the dishes – then go into the land.

That’s a very good point. They
did a bit at the beginning of the video where they filmed a sample of all the entrees that were available, which I had forgotten about until now. So it’s probably safe to say that the Tracker experience will have been slightly different from non-media guests. It will be interesting to compare as more vlogs come out about the first event.

I watched the Tim Tracker review on YouTube, and it looks really fun. My only, very minor, issue is that the line seemed pretty long to meet Woody and Jessie. I personally don’t care about meeting them, but I wonder whether meeting the characters will be the bottleneck. I do want to meet Buzz, so I guess we just need to do that early.
Right before the event ended, probably around 8:45ish, there was not a long character line. Everyone had headed off to breakfast or to do something else in the park.

How fun! I probably won’t be wearing a kilt, but I do look very Scottish, so if you see me, you are very welcome to take my space in the queue for the characters!

I can’t believe how close it is now, and I’m incredibly excited about this event. It will be our second day and I can’t think of a better way to start our vacation.

My crew will be there on 10/8 as well - can't wait!!

Basically agree with all this. Meeting Woody and Jessie is a huge priority for us (toy story obsessed 4 year here too). I figure we have 2 SDD FPs as between 2 days so if at EMM we do characters, and all 3 rides 2 times each we are good.

Basically agree with all this. Meeting Woody and Jessie is a huge priority for us (toy story obsessed 4 year here too). I figure we have 2 SDD FPs as between 2 days so if at EMM we do characters, and all 3 rides 2 times each we are good.

I read one review (Kim’s blog maybe?) that said there was zero wait for anything except for Woody and Jessie - she waited a full 30 minutes in that line. I feel like that’s a lot for such a short event so I was kind of bummed. Hopefully the person that mentioned the heat being a factor is right and they’ll stay out longer once it’s cooler.

On the calendar at Disney world's website, the dates for this event stop at December. Do we know if there will be any more after that? I'm going in January...

I'm glad they got back to you, but i find that answer very hard to read and interpret. The time change wasn't from 7:00 to 7:30, it was the other way around. The third and fourth sentences, which also happen to be the third and fourth paragraphs, don't really make sense the way they are written, we have to decipher them. I'm not someone who gets too worked up about grammar and sentence structure, but those just aren't correct! maybe it was written by someone with english as a second language? It just reads poorly, and for me didn't really clear anything up. However, after hearing about how the first day went, I'm feeling better that they are just going to let everyone in at once to eat at 7:00 and the rides won't open until 7:30. I'm still going to try to be there a little before 7:00 even with my 7:30 time slot, but I'm less worried about the 7:00 people somehow having an advantage, and I don't care about getting to eat first. In addition, there are now days with a 7:00 slot before my 10/29 date, so I'll get to see what happens then. My assumption is that they opened up more slots, hopefully that won't be enough to mess with wait times during the event, and they don't want to come right out and say that. Why they didn't just do that under the 7:30 time slot makes no sense to me, but I'm not in IT.

I am super confused by the 7am and 7:30 time slot. When I looked the first time, there were both choices available sometimes and only one choice other times. I looked multiple times because it took me a while to make up my mind if we wanted to do this after being at the Halloween party late the night before (we are going to Moonlight Magic in HS Wednesday that week too). But after watching Tim Tracker, I went back on and booked it and only 7am was available. We don’t want to eat at 7am and then ride slinky dog until we barf, lol. We want to ride stuff until the park opens to everyone else and then go get breakfast. Is that still a choice for those with 7am spots? Also, lots of confusion I got from reading different blogs on if you can ask for more than one entree for breakfast.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter