DHS/Toy Story Land "Early Morning Magic" (EMM) FAQ & Discussion

Just wondering, is this still only available on Mondays and Wednesdays?

So I sent an email to guest services just basically saying, what's up with the two time slots. And I got a reasonable response back -

Dear Katherine,

Thank you for contacting the Walt Disney World® Resort!

We are so excited to hear you are looking to visit us for our Early Morning Magic and Toy Story land in Disney's Hollywood Studios®.

As for the change from 7:00 A.M. to 7:30 A.M. Eastern Standard Time, based on capacity, breakfast for Early Morning Magic may be available as early as 7:00 AM.

So, on the select days, this is offered the capacity of the event is why.

If you have any other questions or challenges, please do not hesitate to contact us by calling us at 407-W-DISNEY (407-934-7639) or by chatting with us in the Help Center of the Walt Disney World® website. Cast Members will be happy to assist you further.

It would seem that simple email that says "your event sold out, come at 7:00 a.m. for breakfast" would have been an easier way to manage it rather than opening up a whole other time slot but it's Disney after all.
They didn't write that response. It's a canned response that just copied the text out of the description and tried to place it in a sentence. It still says nothing. Honestly, you are wasting your time trying to get an answer from CS. They aren't going to have one to give you. You can write to them every hour for every day between now and the time you go. You'll get a different answer for every time you write. They are that unclear.

My crew will be there on 10/8 as well - can't wait!!
10/8 is the day we go too

I am super confused by the 7am and 7:30 time slot. When I looked the first time, there were both choices available sometimes and only one choice other times. I looked multiple times because it took me a while to make up my mind if we wanted to do this after being at the Halloween party late the night before (we are going to Moonlight Magic in HS Wednesday that week too). But after watching Tim Tracker, I went back on and booked it and only 7am was available. We don’t want to eat at 7am and then ride slinky dog until we barf, lol. We want to ride stuff until the park opens to everyone else and then go get breakfast. Is that still a choice for those with 7am spots? Also, lots of confusion I got from reading different blogs on if you can ask for more than one entree for breakfast.
Why confused? The posters here that went were able to ask for more. Seems very clear to me

On the calendar at Disney world's website, the dates for this event stop at December. Do we know if there will be any more after that? I'm going in January...

No other dates yet, just the original batch that were announced. While DHS EMM will seemingly be popular, I suspect you’ll see it continue in the same way MK EMM has had dates more or less consistently (with some exceptions) since it was introduced.

It definitely depends on the family. My almost 3 year old loves characters and Toy Story. I think this is the only place to meet Woody & Jessie. Prior to the announcement of this event, I was trying mighty hard to figure out how to do all of TSL (including the meet & greets) with minimal waits and conceded that we may have to just drop something if the waits were too long. Booking the event was really a no-brainer for us, and I suspect a lot of families with young kids are in the same boat.
Same here! It took us about an hour to meet Woody, Jessie & Buzz last month and we got there at 8:30am. Lines got crazy long later on. My son will likely be too short still for SDD in December but would love to ride AS2 multiple times. We’ve done the EMM in MK several times and it’s always been worth every penny.

Why confused? The posters here that went were able to ask for more. Seems very clear to me

On the Kenny the Pirate blog, he said that one cast member working the breakfast told him he could only have one so it seems that it would depend on who is working as a cast member during that breakfast and what they tell you. Hence, my confusion. However, I am glad the posters here had good luck. The entrees seem a little small and I was hoping to try more than one so I’m glad that was the case for most.

On the Kenny the Pirate blog, he said that one cast member working the breakfast told him he could only have one so it seems that it would depend on who is working as a cast member during that breakfast and what they tell you. Hence, my confusion. However, I am glad the posters here had good luck. The entrees seem a little small and I was hoping to try more than one so I’m glad that was the case for most.

In Tim Trackers video they ordered three entrees for the two of them with no issue. I don't think they are going to say no.

I take everything he says with a huge grain of salt.

So it’s “a Disney thing”, rather than “an American thing”. I do travel in the US a fair bit, but WDW is the only place I have noticed so much chicken on breakfast menus.

Chicken biscuits are very common. The chicken and waffles combo started somewhere in the Southern US and wasn't meant to necessarily be a breakfast food. It is more common as a lunch dish.

As a side note, maybe eggs should be more questioned as a breakfast food. I owned chickens and noticed that chickens lay eggs mid-morning to mid-day. The idea that farmers picked up eggs and ate them for breakfast is totally made up. The egg industry hired a PR firm in the early 20th century to sell the idea of eating eggs for breakfast. Question everything.

Despite the fact that I switched to a 7:00am reservation, I can still eat later (like 9am), correct?

Chicken biscuits are very common. The chicken and waffles combo started somewhere in the Southern US and wasn't meant to necessarily be a breakfast food. It is more common as a lunch dish.

As a side note, maybe eggs should be more questioned as a breakfast food. I owned chickens and noticed that chickens lay eggs mid-morning to mid-day. The idea that farmers picked up eggs and ate them for breakfast is totally made up. The egg industry hired a PR firm in the early 20th century to sell the idea of eating eggs for breakfast. Question everything.

I was literally JUST telling a coworker that food is a lie yesterday because I saw an exhibit in a museum once about how most stuff we eat was a result of various government or lobby backed campaigns on whatever industry they were supporting. I wouldn't be surprised if the quinoa and kale trends were a result of some campaign. Got Milk? was a campaign by Big Dairy. Or those Cotton commercials!

That being said, I have literally eaten lunch sandwiches for breakfast. And I prefer eggs for dinner.

I'm looking forward to hearing some additional reviews from future dates when they aren't catering to media types.

I take everything he says with a huge grain of salt.

I'm with you

Why is this? :) I'm new around here, but his website has been very helpful.

His site is very helpful and I totally subscribe to his locator. However, there is more and more of a push to sell from him. There's a group of his on FB and I asked, How packed does the first MNSSHP get? A simple question right, well his response was that I should purchase his customized party touring plan, never answering my question (others did however). Ever since then, I've noticed more and more of a push from him to sell his services. A big turn off from me. Hey, I can appreciate trying to make a buck, but there's a point when it becomes annoying.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter