Dh's uncle not doing well

lisajl

DIS Veteran
Jim is not really my DH's uncle, but he is very close with DH's family.
He is a real character. He is always telling stories, making us laugh.
His family just rolls their eyes at him and my eyes light up. You see, he is a lot like my father who I lost when I was 15. My dad was 67 and had cancer.

Jim has had a lot of health issues over the past few years and they have caught up with him.
I just got an email from my SIL that said Uncle Jim did not do well in dialysis on Monday, slipped into a coma and has not be awake since.
I am trying so hard to keep it together. My DD, 23 does not know yet and I am so afraid to tell her. She will not do well. I am so glad she has tomorrow off.

I called my DH and left a message on his voice mail. My inlaws are in Germany right now. They are suppose to be home by Saturday at the latest.

If y'all could say a prayer for Jims family, it would be appreciated. They have treated me like a daughter, more so than my own inlaws. We were fortunate enough to spend a day with them last year. Jim told my boys stories from WW2. It's so funny, when we discussed it with my inlaws they looked surprised. My FIL said that Jim never talked to him about WW2. My boys were so excited to hear his stories. He only told the funny things, he said some of the stuff he saw was too horrible to talk about. God Bless him...he is a good man and he will be missed.

Thanks for letting me share about this special guy.
Lisa

My thoughts and prayers are with you, especially when you tell your daughter the bad news. I'm so sorry for you and the family. Uncle Jim sounds like a very special man.:hug:

My thoughts are prayers are with your family right now:hug:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter