Did anyone here stay at BWV over NYE?

mouseclick1

DIS Veteran
I've never been to WDW on NYE, and am toying with the possibility of going next year. We would stay at the Boardwalk, our home resort, and would probably plan to ring in the New Year there instead of the parks. I would love to hear what the Boardwalk is like on NYE from anyone that has been there!

I've never been to WDW on NYE, and am toying with the possibility of going next year. We would stay at the Boardwalk, our home resort, and would probably plan to ring in the New Year there instead of the parks. I would love to hear what the Boardwalk is like on NYE from anyone that has been there!

DJ on the Village Green. Hats and horns. Lots of activity. Epcot is so crowded that it borders on scary so we very much enjoyed ringing in the New Year on the BW. We watched the fireworks from our balcony.

I do the same thing as jekjones1558. Nothing like having a glass of champagne in hand as you're standing on your balcony, watching the midnight fireworks shooting over Epcot. Then, when they're over, turn around and take the 3 steps in to your room and go to bed. You don't have to fight all of the crowds to get out of the park and back to your room; you're already there. I wouldn't spend NYE in WDW any other way.

As we were leaving BWV to go to our NYE dinner at the Biergarten, it looked like they were setting up for a big party! (Which someone else mentioned - DJ, etc) Love LOVE LOVE just walking back to our room after they midnight fireworks (our friends that live about 45mins away were home around 3:30am)

Thanks to everyone for your input. I'm definitely putting this on my Disney bucket list! If not next year, then the following for sure!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter