Did EVERYTHING plus played catch on thrill rides. TR May 23-June 2

May 27: Discovery Cove! Originally, this was going to be our first full day, but I was worried about the weather, so I changed it to Saturday. Plus, I thought since this was Memorial Day Weekend, it might be a good day to do this park, where they limit the number to enter, instead of Universal or Disney. We had heard it was best to get there early to miss the lineup crowd (still had a few in front of us at 7:15ish I believe it was -- maybe 7:30). We got a GREAT parking space though. Check-in was quick and painless. Off to breakfast! They had quite a bit to choose from. BUT, I made a big mistake. I love eggs... but, I can't really eat yolks anymore. I get sick if I eat too much. I had been having some tummy issues earlier in the trip, as I so from time to time. But, the eggs looked so good... maybe just a couple bites?

We then set off to look around, get our wetsuits (which were required for the Seaventure) and goggles, and find a place to put our stuff. It took me a long time to squeeze into the wetsuit. It was hot. I wasn't thrilled about it. I would be less thrilled in just a bit. We put on the sunscreen provided by the park, as other sunscreen can harm the wildlife. I hated this stuff. Didn't rub in well and felt funny... and we got burned even though we reapplied a few times. BUT, I totally understand why it's necessary.

We found a fairly shady spot near the lazy river and were off. We loved the cave and the waterfall. BUT, halfway through, the eggs took their revenge. I had to find the restroom PRONTO. I told Davy and took off. Got to the restroom... and could NOT get the $%^&ing wetsuit off. If anyone happened to be there that day, I apologize if you heard words you didn't know coming out of the bathroom. Then, it was time to put the $%^&ing thing back ON when wet. At that point I was almost just done. But, I knew I had to wear it to do the Seaventure and I knew how much it would mean to Davy.

Got back, found Davy, and then it was time for our Seaventure.... I had studied the map and knew where to go... I thought... but I stopped and asked one of the attendants... and he told me the wrong place. So, off we went again. We were late. :| Not TOO late, just a little. Anyway, they went over the safety rules, which made me nervous. It sounded a little more scary than I anticipated. BUT, if you didn't read my trip report, here's a story why I really wanted to this. I was reading about Seaventure one day, and later that night, Davy asked me one of his famous "would you rather" questions. He asked, "Would you rather have the superpower of flying or walking on the ocean floor?" I said, "fly." He said, "oh, not me, I want to see what's down in the ocean!" Right then and there I knew I'd be booking Seaventure. So, I was determined to overcome any fears and get my butt down there to walk among the fishes (and hope I wouldn't be swimming with the fishes because of it! LOL). So, we go to the dock by the scuba helmets. We were told they were 75 pounds but would feel lighter when in the water. They also had a balloon on the kids so they wouldn't be so heavy. They gave us an underwater camera we could use.

They asked who wanted to go first. Both Davy and another boy shot their hands up. The other boy was with his mom and she looked less than thrilled when they picked her son to go first. Davy then announced, "well, then, can I go 2nd?" They said we could go after the other boy and mom. So, the first boy went down, no problem. They had told us, if we have ear-popping problems, go back up a rung on the ladder, yawn, or do other ear-fixing things, then continue down. The other mom starts to go down, and then, boom, she was back up. She appeared to be having a panic attack. The instructor talked to her (I started wondering if they would have to bring the boy back up and how on earth I was going to do this). Finally, she tried again and got down.

Davy's turn. I was worried because he has problems with his ears popping even in the deep end of a pool. But, he scampered right down the ladder. My turn. Gulp. I kept thinking, "must get down there for Davy." And, I did! I kept doing some yoga breathing to keep calm and eventually got somewhat comfortable. They had told us they'd communicate with us by writing us notes.

Discovery Cove alice & davy balloon.jpg Discovery Cove alice & davy coral.jpg

Discovery Cove davy freckly.jpg

We first watched the sharks through the glass. Most of them appeared to be sleeping, which was pretty cool to watch. Then, we saw some colorful coral. Next, a fish-feeding frenzy! We were told to keep our hands in a fist.

Discovery Cove blue fish.jpg
Discovery Cove coral.jpg

Discovery Cove instructor and sharks.jpg

Hello!

Discovery Cove instructor and fish.jpg

Discovery Cove sharks & fish.jpg

Discovery Cove sleeping sharks 2.jpg Discovery Cove sleeping sharks.jpg

Continued next post....

May 27 continued...

You can see one fish took a particular liking to me. He kept swimming by and then headed straight for me. Not sure if he was going to try to kiss me or bite me. He skimmed my helmet.

Discovery Cove ugly fish 2.jpg
Discovery Cove ugly fish 3.jpg
Discovery Cove ugly fish 5.jpg
Discovery Cove ugly fish 4.jpg

Davy said the feeding frenzy made him a little nervous, but still thought it was cool.

Then, we got to hold some creatures... Davy somehow communicated to me to touch the top of the first one. It was slimy feeling. GROSS! Haha. I could see Davy giggling at me.

Discovery Cove alice slimy.jpg
Discovery Cove davy slimy.jpg

We also got to hold a starfish and a stick fish or something -- I was afraid that one was going to pinch us!

Discovery Cove alice & davy starfish.jpg
Discovery Cove alice starfish.jpg

Discovery Cove davy starfish.jpg

continued...

Then, time to get out. I have to say, I was somewhat relieved even though I thought it was a ton of fun. We got out and Davy was just giddy. Said it was one of the best things he'd ever done in his life. <3
Discovery Cove davy waving.jpg

We then were led to see our pics. I loved them and had budgeted to get pics of this and the dolphin swim. As SOON AS that was done, I'm like, GETTING OUT OF THIS WETSUIT AND INTO A LIFE VEST! Then, we played some more in the lazy river. Davy liked seeing some of the birds near the water, but was a little afraid of the birds coming near him (yet not afraid of wearing a giant bubble to keep the ocean from crushing and drowning you... go figure), so we never went to the aviary. We also looked at the reef a bit, but since we had been way down in it, he was like, eh... He ALWAYS loves Lazy Rivers though and this one is great.

We had lunch at some point. It was ok. Not bad for park food, but can't remember a dang thing about what we ate. LOL. And, all the food, snacks, and drinks are free. Davy enjoyed that too.

Next, time to go swim with a dolphin! We first got a little video of instruction. then, there was a group of... I think 9 of us maybe... Davy was enamored with Cindy the dolphin from the get-go. He loved petting her. Then, they asked if I wanted to go first kissing the dolphin. SURE!

Discovery Cove alice & cindy dolphin kissing.jpg

Then they decided to go ahead and do our swim with the dolphin as the other groups were out of our way. Again, I got to go first. :)

Discovery Cove alice & cindy dolphin swimming.jpg

Next was Davy's turn. He said it was so amazing but too short.

Discovery Cove davy & cindy dolphin swimming.jpg Discovery Cove davy & cindy dolphin swimming 2.jpg

They then offered to let Davy kiss Cindy. He said no. I asked if he didn't want his first kiss with a girl to be with a dolphin. He didn't think that was as funny as I did... :) Then, I heard this lady (who had seemed a little odd from the start) begin making weird comments about Davy kissing girls. We moved a bit away from her. Another young girl wasn't sure if she wanted to do a shallow swim or go deeper. Once she saw you didn't have to tread too long, she was ok going deep. I mentioned that the wetsuits and life vests were pretty buoyant, so she shouldn't have too hard of a time. When I said that, the weird lady made pretty inappropriate comments comparing our chest sizes and how good a flotation device they provide. Now, if she was a buddy of mine... ok... but, it was like, WHAT!?? At some point, she left the water, came back at the end and apologized that she was "having an episode" and had to get out. So, maybe she had medical issues....

Then, we got to take pictures posing with Cindy. I love how happy Davy looks! <3

Discovery Cove alice & cindy dolphin.jpg Discovery Cove davy & cindy dolphin 2.jpg Discovery Cove davy & cindy dolphin 3.jpg
Discovery Cove davy & alice & cindy dolphin.jpg
Discovery Cove davy & alice & cindy dolphin 2.jpg

Then, our time with Cindy was done. So, we headed back to the lazy river! Then, Davy decided he'd had enough sun for the day.

That night, we went to The Wave at the Contemporary for dinner. I LOVED it. I remember I ate three appetizers for my dinner. I can't remember what Davy had but he did not like it and he was a bit tired and grumpy. The waitress was awesome and took his meal off of our bill.

The next day... VIPs again! Davy turns into a ghost! We finally get to meet @kittylady72 and her family!

Last edited:
Discovery Cove sounds like an amazing part of your trip, especially since your kiddo was all into walking the ocean floor!

Don't you just love those people who feel secure enough to make all kinds of weird comments! HAHA Ah well, at least they give you a memorable story, right? :D

Sounds like you had a lovely server at the Contemporary; a great server can really turn a ho-hum meal into a nice night! Can't wait to read more!

Discovery Cove sounds like an amazing part of your trip, especially since your kiddo was all into walking the ocean floor!

Don't you just love those people who feel secure enough to make all kinds of weird comments! HAHA Ah well, at least they give you a memorable story, right? :D

Sounds like you had a lovely server at the Contemporary; a great server can really turn a ho-hum meal into a nice night! Can't wait to read more!

Thanks! It was probably our favorite day (other than the wetsuit incident -- LOL). That server also did a good job in cheering Davy up. Not that he was sad, just tired which made him a grump. But, we were doing A LOT. I tried to put in enough downtime, but I think we could've used a tad more!

May 28: We woke up eager to do the Disney Ultimate Day of Thrills Tour! We were supposed to be at the Tomorrowland Terrace at Magic Kingdom at 8 a.m. We got up plenty early, took the "Shady Shuttle" down the driveway at Shades of Green, walked over to the Polynesian, and got on the monorail to MK. Got there, went to the line for the early enterers (for breakfast, tours, etc..)... and, they didn't have my name. I told them my confirmation number. Nothing. I started to worry I was there on the wrong day. They don't put the tour on your MDE. I started looking for an email confirming the tour. Search was bringing up nothing. Finally, they just let us in anyway.

Davy doesn't really like to have his picture taken, even though he's the cutest dude on the planet, so he wouldn't do a Disney photographer photo in front of the castle. Settled for a selfie.

VIP tour castle.jpg

We then ventured to the Tomorrowland Terrace... and it was roped off. We asked a couple of castmates walking around but no one had a clue what we were talking about. I started getting really nervous. Davy and I both ran to the bathroom and then were going to do some serious questioning. While in the bathroom, I heard a couple of ladies talking about the tour who didn't know why we couldn't get in to the Terrace. When we got out, it had opened. HURRAH! We checked in, got our VIP badges, some water, and come cool towels we could use. They then said we should meet back about 8:30. So, we went to Starbucks and got a muffin. Came back.. and waited...and waited... and waited... I overheard one of the tour guides say that one of the others were running late. We talked some to the tour guides. They were great.

Our VIP badges:

VIP tour badge.jpg

Finally, the last tour guide showed up (I heard her telling the others she was late because.... but then it went down to whispers). Anyway, we were then in the crowd waiting for rope drop to the individual lands. We were off to Splash Mountain -- one of Davy's favorites -- but then we were told it was down. So, we stopped at Pirates of the Caribbean first.

So, one of the attractions for the VIP tour for me is you were supposed to hear cool trivia and stories. But, I realized quickly since we were a big group (20) and the tour guide in front (the late one) liked to tell these tidbits while we were walking, we weren't going to hear much. And, we didn't quite frankly. Universal won on this part.

In addition, you get to jump in the fastpass lines for this tour, but at Universal, you go in front of EVERYONE. So, again, Universal wins on this.

We rode Pirates, then they checked on Splash again. Nope. Not today. Davy was sad. The not-late tour guide (I really should write down names) told him we'd do Buzz Lightyear instead. We were then off to Big Thundermountain RR. I love this ride. Davy declared it lame. I think he was still down about Splash Mountain too.

Up next, one of our favorites: Haunted Mansion. I knew this was our only planned ride on it, so I was very much looking forward to it. Once again, we loved it. I had been wanting a "ghost pic" of Davy from Memento Mory's, but didn't figure we'd get a chance. Well, we took a break right at that time and ran and got it done. I could buy this whole store, I swear!

Anyway, Davy as Ghost 1,000:

davy pre-ghost.jpg
davy ghost.jpg

Next, we were off to Seven Dwarfs. I had told Davy this one would be pretty tame, but I was excited. We actually both really liked it. Davy used to be a HUGE Seven Dwarfs fan. He also loves Once Upon a Time, so you know, Snow White is a bad-a$$. Then, it was time for Buzz. Davy used to love this one but I don't think he really remembered it. He said to the not-late tour guide, "that wasn't really a good substitute for Splash."

Anyway, we were then off for EPCOT for lunch and the new Soarin. We got to go to the "backstage" parking lot for a van. Davy and I had done this before... back when I was married, my ex was "watching" Davy on Tom Sawyer's Island and next thing I know I heard a scream (I was sitting somewhere getting out of the heat on the island). Davy had fallen on his face and really looked awful. Was bleeding like crazy. They got us off the island, got him treatment, a Winnie the Pooh stuffed animal, and drove us in one of the vans back to the hotel. So, I had seen this area before. Had a bit of a flashback and probably squeezed Davy's hand a little tighter than usual.

At EPCOT, we drove back behind the lands and could see what the buildings looked like from the back. It was interesting. Had lunch at Sunshine Seasons. It was OK. I had never eaten there before. Had heard great things but I was just kind of "meh." Davy too. Anyway, new Soarin'. LOVED IT. Both of us.

We left for Hollywood Studios and Davy realized he had left his VIP badge on Soarin'. They said, "no worries -- we know who you are!" It was interesting that people did try to sneak into our group here and there -- I wondered if someone tried to use Davy's VIP pass anywhere.

We got in our van to head to Hollywood Studios. As we got out, the not-late tour guide took us aside and asked for our tickets. She didn't do this for anyone else. We all did have to later scan again I think but I can't remember why. Anyway, she then whispered to me that since Davy was so upset about Splash Mountain, they were giving us fastpasses for anytime the next day. Davy was thrilled. I told him we were going to go to HS tomorrow morning, but he said he'd rather go to MK and do Splash. So, during some of our downtime, I was changing plans to go to MK again. Which, honestly, I was thrilled about. I had been to HS the month before for the Star Wars Celebration anyway.

Next up: Rock n Rollercoaster. Davy didn't remember this one. He LOVED it. I thought when I was on it during Star Wars Celebration it made me a little sick. No issues today though. Awesomeness!

Then, Davy's favorite: the Tower of Terror. This was a ton of fun! But, after, it started getting really hot and Davy wasn't feeling so well because of it. The tour guide suggested the cool towel we had. Davy used it and started screaming. Something was reacting to his extremely sensitive skin. I told him to quickly run to the bathroom and wash off. Then, he seemed fine. I asked if he was ok to go on and he said yes. We went to Toy Story, which Davy enjoyed. Then, Star Tours. I heard there was a Han Solo scene. I have yet to see it and keep hoping, but nope.

Davy being very serious about his mission:

VIP tour star wars bike.jpg

And, we were done. Overall, it was a fun tour and worth the points I spent on it. Not sure I'd do it again. Davy liked it better than the Universal tour surprisingly. He said mainly because we couldn't vote for which rides we were riding and weren't sure what they'd be at Universal. Here, he knew he was doing all the "thrill" rides and then some.

We were going to next run over to EPCOT to meet @kittylady1972 and her family. Davy was a bit tired by this point, so I was worried how this was going to go....

Attachments

• VIP tour star wars bike.jpg
    VIP tour star wars bike.jpg
    136.1 KB · Views: 1
Last edited:
May 28 (cont...)

After our tour, we headed to EPCOT. It was SO HOT, Davy begged me to get one of those fans you hold that squirt water. I have to admit, those were a relief. He still says that was the best thing we bought on the trip. LOL.

We were going to meet @kittylady1972 and her family at Tutto Italia. We went in and I started looking longingly at some of the jewelry at the Italian pavilion when I thought I saw @kittylady1972 zip by. We ran after her, and sure enough, we were finally introduced! :)

We went to the restaurant -- I now have no idea what we ended up ordering. I LOVE Italian, and whatever I had was good. :) I know there was some pizza at the table... I also made a spectacular catch of Davy's fork at dinner... this will happen again soon (and is part of the title of this TR). ;)

Davy has been teaching himself to palm read. He gave a reading to Kittylady's hubby. EPCOT Davy palm reading.jpg

Then, on to fastpasses. We had one for Mission to Mars. I had already almost died on that ride, Kittylady doesn't like it either, so we hung out:

Dina & me.jpg

We started chatting on the Disboards because we both play the same level of tennis and obviously have a love of Orlando! So great to meet her finally and hopefully we'll be able to get together and beat the heck out of each other on the courts one day!!! <3

We then had a fastpass for Spaceship Earth I believe. I hadn't taken Davy on this for YEARS as I thought he'd be bored. But, he kept being more and more curious about what was in the big ball.... He LOVED IT. The loved the ride, he loved the postcards and things you can make after, everything. Said it was one of his favorite rides. I would have never guessed.

Next, we did Test Track once or twice, then played around with the pics you can do. I thought there were more with Kittylady's kids, but I could only find a couple emailed to me. At some point, for a moment, Davy lost his pass. There was a panic, but we found it. But, that may be why I only have a few pics. I really need to start reading Kittylady's trip report to see if she has more. LOL (having a hard time even getting mine finished -- hopefully life will slow down a bit here soon!) Here are some pics we got:

EPCOT test tract car pic 2.jpg EPCOT test tract car pic.jpg EPCOT test tract car with dina's kids 2.jpg EPCOT test tract car with dina's kids.jpg EPCOT test tract pic 3.jpg

Then, I think Davy and I called it a night as we were just pooped. We were going to meet up again with Kittylady et al tomorrow night at AK and PANDORA!!!

Last edited:

May 29 (sorry it's been so long since an update -- life, you know?):

We switched our plans a bit for this day and I was happy to do it. More time in Magic Kingom! We wanted to use the FP+ for Splash Mountain we had gotten yesterday on the VIP tour. We decided to ride it first without the fastpass so we headed straight to it. Then, we rode it again with fastpass. I can't remember which ride this happened on, but you can see in this picture that I put my hands up on the way down (see me in the back). Notice the guy in the yellow hat a couple of rows in front of me. splash mountain catch.jpg

Just after this pic was shot (I really wish they had caught the moments after!), the guy's hat flew off and I caught it. We reached the bottom and the guy was upset he had lost his hat (apparently it was a favorite). I said, "Good thing I'm a good catch!" The boat erupted in applause. Davy was just giddy about his hero mom. LOL.

I don't think we did much else -- watched the Muppets show for a bit. Shopped a bit. Then, went to Liberty Tree Tavern for a bite to eat. I did not like it as well this time. Davy did not enjoy it either. But, enjoyed the room. liberty tree tavern.jpg

We went back to rest a bit at the hotel. Then, we were off to Animal Kingdom... just as we got there, Davy started feeling ill. He threw up on the sidewalk (sorry, cleanup crew that he didn't make it to restroom!). He was trying to decide whether to stay or not. I think the fact that we were meeting @killylady1972's family later made him try. We got this pic:

Animal Kingdom tree.jpg

We sat in the shade for a bit, then Davy was ready to move on. He was a bit hungry, but wanted something bland. We went to Yak & Yeti. I think he got some rice and fruit or something. The waitress was really nice when we explained he was hungry, but had an upset tummy. I don't even think they charged us for his "meal." I can't remember what I had, but it was good. I love this place. Next, we were off to Pandora. We took some pics. I stood in line for the gift shop while Davy stayed in the shade. I thought he'd like an avatar, but didn't want him to have to be out in the sun to wait for it. The gift shop was OK. Pandora was BEAUTIFUL, especially at night. I didn't get pics to do it justice.

We met up with @kittylady1972 and I can't remember now the exact order of things. We did Everest for the first time. Davy had always been afraid to do it before because of the Yeti. Not this time and he loved it! Then, we had fastpasses for Dinosaur. You can see in this pic, Davy and me, Kittylady and her eldest behind us, then her youngest showing how boring the dinos were. LOL

dinosaur.jpg

Then we headed back to Pandora for our FOP fastpass. That ride was amazing (again, SO THANKFUL for my motion sickness patch!).

Kittylady's sons and Davy and I decided to wait in line for the Na'vi River ride. Davy was having fun talking with the boys, but the ride broke down when we were near the front. Kittylady's boys were tired and just done. So, they took off. Moments later, the ride started and we tried to yell after them, but too late. We rode it. I had very low expectations, but I really loved it. Then, it was time for us to head back for our last night at Shades.

Tomorrow... I HATE ALAMO!, a beautiful view at Royal Pacific, a lazy day with some water rides.

Poor Davey......glad he felt better soon afterwards though, horrible feeling like that when on a trip.......

Yeah superhero catch.......lol......well done.........glad he enjoyed Everest too........I remember enjoying that ride what seems like hundreds of years ago now!

And glad you had a nice meet with someone from dis! It's nice to finally meet up with folks you've chatted to online for a while.........we've been lucky and met some lovely people.........

Glad you're back........:D

May 30: Got up and was ready to move to Royal Pacific. First up, had to return the rental car. Now, I had traded the car that was damaged for this next one at the Alamo just outside of MK. So, when I went and gave the keys to the lady at the Alamo desk at Shades, she said, "well then you have to give me your paperwork." I have NEVER returned a car and needed to show my contract before. So, went back to the room, came back. She said, "you owe $220 for the rental." I said, "no I don't -- I paid in advance and got a discount so it wasn't that much in the first place." She said, "yes, you owe." I said, "let me show you my email confirmation showing I paid." She said, "nevermind. What's your claim number for damaged vehicle?" I didn't know if she meant a claim number with Alamo or for insurance, but my insurance said not to really say anything yet about claim, so I acted like I didn't know (which I didn't off the top of my head). Anyway, FINALLY got done with her without having to pay again for the car.... then Davy and I caught an uber to Royal Pacific.

Our room wasn't ready, so I asked Davy if he wanted to head to the parks. He said, no, he wanted to rest. So, here he is, playing with the droids he made at DHS:

Davy resting RPR.jpg

When we got our room, we had a fantastic view and also, as requested, right by the walking path to the parks. This is in Tower 1:

RPR view.jpg RPR room.jpg

You will notice the broomstick Davy had gotten previously. We stayed in the room for a long time while he played with the broomstick and the droids.

Then, finally, we took off for the parks for a water-ride only time and Rip Rocket Ride! We started with RRR -- I was busy picking out a song and forgot to stuff my lanyard with my tickets/express pass/room key in my shirt before the harness came down. I tried to stuff it down the best I could... but, it FLEW OFF in the middle of the ride. I was freaking out thinking what all I'd have to do to replace all of that. Then, the ride stopped and the lady behind me had caught it with HER FOOT!! I offered her a butterbeer or a real beer! She was, like, nah, that's cool. Davy thinks it was karma for me catching the hat the day before. LOL

It's amazing to me how many people get mad that they get wet on these rides even with signs all over saying YOU WILL GET WET. Anyway, we did my favorites -- all the water rides! several times then Davy wanted to head back to the room. I think he was just pooped at this point. He had some fun with his new souvenir and the droids...

dino and droids 2.jpg dino and droids.jpg

We ate at the Islands Dining room earlier (thumbs down) and Jake's for dinner (thumbs up). Then, we just hung out and read. Tomorrow -- Volcano Bay -- and no one knows what the heck is going on!

Last edited:
May 31: So, we got up fairly early to make it to early entry at Volcano Bay. I think we got there at 7:30 for an 8 a.m. We had gotten Express Passes online before they quit selling them and got the premium chairs. Davy looks sad here, but he really thought this was neat: Davy Volcano Bay.jpg

I wrote a quick review the day after we were here on the main Universal page... basically, the premium chair was awesome and THANK GOD FOR THE FASTPASSES. We rode quite a few rides -- would have ridden even more but Davy was enthralled by the "fast" lazy river, so we did that a lot. I liked the food we got. I loved the rides... but, there were waits all over the place, even if you had express pass. I heard many people complaining about having to come back hours later for the rides. Also, they at first got my tapu tapu to work for money then it quit. I finally got a lot of our food for free. Lots of the attendants didn't know about the fastpasses at all or how they worked. Then, a storm started coming. Davy was about done at this point anyway (it was around 2). I loved this park, but it was not ready. I didn't take many pictures because we were running around a lot. I hope they fix all of the problems -- I haven't read lately if they've fixed it so you're really not waiting in line A LOT (or waiting hours for your time to return). I also haven't read if you can get fastpasses again, but I highly recommend them if you can.

Next up: our last day and one last Harry Potter go-round.

We got up early one last time... did some Harry Potter stuff:plaform 9 three fourths.jpg

davy wand last day.jpg

FINALLY got to do the raptor encounter which was EXCELLENT. I have a great video of this, but can't seem to download it, so some pics instead:

raptor.jpg raptor 2.jpg

Then Davy and I got the last two souvenirs we wanted:

bates motel shirt.jpg

Davy was fascinated with these -- he asked me what I thought they'd emphasize on him before he had this done. I said eyebrows and freckles. I was correct. :)

davy animate.jpg

We also went to the Animal Actors show. Davy really loves this one. He gave some loving to the animals after.

davy animal actors.jpg

Then, we went back to the resort and hung out until time to be picked up by Tony Hind. Our layover in Atlanta was late and then they had problems with the ticket scanner. But, finally, we were on the way home. Davy said we probably stayed a day or two too long, but then, he also was sad we were going home. He was for sure completely pooped:

davy atlanta airplane.jpg

Jason picked us up... on the way home, Davy started feeling ill and before Jason could pull over, Davy got sick all over his car. So, at 1 a.m., we were cleaning out Jason's car (well, mostly Jason cleaned the car and I cleaned Davy). I think Davy was completely worn out, but he loved the trip overall and is so interested in the Universal vs. Disney dynamic. We probably won't go to Orlando again until after the Star Wars land opens. Next year, we're planning on NYC when Harry Potter opens on Broadway.

Now Davy is looking forward to starting middle school -- he's been talking non-stop about it. Next time I check in, he may be ruling the world! <3

Love the Bates Motel tee.........I need one of those!!

He did look whooped on some of those last pictures, bless him.......and being ill again on way home.....He did so well to get through it.

But, loved reading all about your trip. You got some amazing pictures of your time there. I know how much you needed that trip, so I`m so glad it was such a success.......despite Alamo trying it on..........it`s such a common occurrence though with those firms. We had it with Dollar a few years ago........didn't catch us either.......

I think your little superstar could very well end up ruling the world........

Really enjoyed reading all of your adventures there........:wave2:

Just had a friend message me this morning. He's in Orlando for business and his son is coming this weekend so he wants to spend one day at Universal (and he didn't realize there were two parks) and one day at Disney (didn't realize there were four parks and that they were not next to each other). He saw my pictures and wanted to do basically everything we did (in 10 days). He asked me how to. BAWAHAHAHAHA.

Then, time to get out. I have to say, I was somewhat relieved even though I thought it was a ton of fun. We got out and Davy was just giddy. Said it was one of the best things he'd ever done in his life. <3
View attachment 245770

We then were led to see our pics. I loved them and had budgeted to get pics of this and the dolphin swim. As SOON AS that was done, I'm like, GETTING OUT OF THIS WETSUIT AND INTO A LIFE VEST! Then, we played some more in the lazy river. Davy liked seeing some of the birds near the water, but was a little afraid of the birds coming near him (yet not afraid of wearing a giant bubble to keep the ocean from crushing and drowning you... go figure), so we never went to the aviary. We also looked at the reef a bit, but since we had been way down in it, he was like, eh... He ALWAYS loves Lazy Rivers though and this one is great.

We had lunch at some point. It was ok. Not bad for park food, but can't remember a dang thing about what we ate. LOL. And, all the food, snacks, and drinks are free. Davy enjoyed that too.

Next, time to go swim with a dolphin! We first got a little video of instruction. then, there was a group of... I think 9 of us maybe... Davy was enamored with Cindy the dolphin from the get-go. He loved petting her. Then, they asked if I wanted to go first kissing the dolphin. SURE!

View attachment 245772

Then they decided to go ahead and do our swim with the dolphin as the other groups were out of our way. Again, I got to go first. :)

View attachment 245773

Next was Davy's turn. He said it was so amazing but too short.

View attachment 245774 View attachment 245775

They then offered to let Davy kiss Cindy. He said no. I asked if he didn't want his first kiss with a girl to be with a dolphin. He didn't think that was as funny as I did... :) Then, I heard this lady (who had seemed a little odd from the start) begin making weird comments about Davy kissing girls. We moved a bit away from her. Another young girl wasn't sure if she wanted to do a shallow swim or go deeper. Once she saw you didn't have to tread too long, she was ok going deep. I mentioned that the wetsuits and life vests were pretty buoyant, so she shouldn't have too hard of a time. When I said that, the weird lady made pretty inappropriate comments comparing our chest sizes and how good a flotation device they provide. Now, if she was a buddy of mine... ok... but, it was like, WHAT!?? At some point, she left the water, came back at the end and apologized that she was "having an episode" and had to get out. So, maybe she had medical issues....

Then, we got to take pictures posing with Cindy. I love how happy Davy looks! <3

View attachment 245778 View attachment 245780 View attachment 245781
View attachment 245782
View attachment 245783

Then, our time with Cindy was done. So, we headed back to the lazy river! Then, Davy decided he'd had enough sun for the day.

That night, we went to The Wave at the Contemporary for dinner. I LOVED it. I remember I ate three appetizers for my dinner. I can't remember what Davy had but he did not like it and he was a bit tired and grumpy. The waitress was awesome and took his meal off of our bill.

The next day... VIPs again! Davy turns into a ghost! We finally get to meet @kittylady72 and her family!

Hi great review. It's such a great feeling when your children are so happy. I am so excited we are going there a week from Monday. I have wanted to do this for years and finally took the plunge. I think I am going to skip the sea adventure and just do the dolphin swim. There is my DH, 2 teens and myself. How far did the vest go down for the dolphin swim? I am thinking I would rather do that then the full swimsuit.

your pictures are awesome!!

sad to read Davy getting sick but you never know when a child is going to get ill.

sounds like you both soldiered on and had fun no matter what..

Just had a friend message me this morning. He's in Orlando for business and his son is coming this weekend so he wants to spend one day at Universal (and he didn't realize there were two parks) and one day at Disney (didn't realize there were four parks and that they were not next to each other). He saw my pictures and wanted to do basically everything we did (in 10 days). He asked me how to. BAWAHAHAHAHA.

Lol.......it always amazes me how little folks know about a place they're going to on vacation.

We see some classic questions on here and you realise some folks do absolutely no research on their own. Yep, not even knowing something as simple as what you mentioned.......:crazy:

Crazy! Hope your friends manage to have a good trip though........I'm sure you put him right.......::yes::

Hi great review. It's such a great feeling when your children are so happy. I am so excited we are going there a week from Monday. I have wanted to do this for years and finally took the plunge. I think I am going to skip the sea adventure and just do the dolphin swim. There is my DH, 2 teens and myself. How far did the vest go down for the dolphin swim? I am thinking I would rather do that then the full swimsuit.

It's just down to your waist. Very easy. I would highly recommend just the vest!

Lol.......it always amazes me how little folks know about a place they're going to on vacation.

We see some classic questions on here and you realise some folks do absolutely no research on their own. Yep, not even knowing something as simple as what you mentioned.......:crazy:

Crazy! Hope your friends manage to have a good trip though........I'm sure you put him right.......::yes::

I convinced him since they wanted to do Disney again in the fall to just do Universal this weekend and then just do Disney in the fall so they'd have more time to plan (and Disney for sure needs more time!). The little bit of pics I saw, they at least walked around Diagon Alley and met with the raptor, which is tons of fun.

I meant to reply to this thread when I read it last week...and never go around to it.

SO glad we got to meet up and hang out for a bit!

Glad you had such a great time at Discovery Cove. It's definitely on our must-return-someday list for sure. How brave of you to do the helmet dive. I sent 3 of my family members off to that, and had the youngest one swim underwater and video them with my phone because that area was BRRRRR.

So great you also did the raptor meeting. The video we had from that is one of my FAVORITES! It is definitely a cool experience.

We love the animal actors show as well...well mostly ME but my family will usually indulge me and go as well. So cute!

We still to this day can't help but talk about our Mexico boat ride experience. We crack up every time we talk about the 3 "Sombreros...Cabrerros...Jalapenos" whatever. Man that was too priceless!

Perhaps one day our paths will cross again in Florida...or one day on the tennis courts! :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!