Difficulty with using DVC points at Aulani

AbbyJ47905

Earning My Ears
Hello. I've been a DVC member for a number of f years. I own at the Boardwalk, and we live staying there. However, I'm wondering how difficult it will be to book DVC points at Aulani at the 7 month time frame if we plan to visit in early June. Anyone have experience with this? Thanks for any advice you could send my way!

It somewhat depends on the room type you are booking. In general, you'll be fine at 7 months in June. Just plan on booking your room the day it becomes available.

Thanks so much for the info! Now just have to talk my husband into realizing this is the place to stay!!!

June before the points go up is the hardest time (with Christmas) to get at 7 months. Really it’s the only time that’s overall hard and people get shut out- especially for studios. Plan for Ocean View 1 bedroom at least and if anything less points is available (And you want it) bonus!

June before the points go up is the hardest time (with Christmas) to get at 7 months. Really it’s the only time that’s overall hard and people get shut out- especially for studios. Plan for Ocean View 1 bedroom at least and if anything less points is available (And you want it) bonus!
I’m worried about snagging a 2 bedroom for early June! Do you think there’s a possibility of availability?!

If you can get in at the end of May, it would be easier. We have gone that time of year twice and the first time we had to check out of the hotel over the weekend and stay somewhere else because there were no DVC rooms left. A lot of the locals own at Aulani and do weekend staycations. The cheapest rooms, regular hotel room and the standard studios will most likely be sold out. You will be lucky to get an Island Garden view studio. You won't have issues with the bigger rooms but if you want the cheapest studio, get right on when you can at 7 months.
This would be one of the places that I recommend walking your reservation for that time of year.

And don't count on getting the lower point rooms.
We've done 3 times in June at 7 months and had to go up. Usually ocean view

Hello. I've been a DVC member for a number of f years. I own at the Boardwalk, and we live staying there. However, I'm wondering how difficult it will be to book DVC points at Aulani at the 7 month time frame if we plan to visit in early June. Anyone have experience with this? Thanks for any advice you could send my way!
And don't count on getting the lower point rooms.
We've done 3 times in June at 7 months and had to go up. Usually ocean view
I’ve found that pretty much all room types at Aulani are super difficult to book for early to mid June at seven months, including one and two bedrooms of all types.
Before we owned there, we tried and failed, even for the pricey one bedroom ocean view.

You have to try the minute the 7 month window opens, but you should have backup plans as well.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter