Dining at Disneyland?

Disneyland:
Cafe Orleans
Carnation Cafe-sit outside near Main Street
Subjective option: Blue Bayou; gets a lot of negative reviews. It is overpriced, and there are better dining options. I personally haven’t had a bad experience there. But it is pretty cool to eat and watch the Pirate boats go by.

DCA:
Carthay Circle
Another Subjective option: Lamplight Lounge; they have great drinks. Service can be hit or miss. Known for the Lonster nachos, which also are a hit or miss. I got them with steak recently and am hooked! I will be getting them with steak from now on

My family's absolute favorites: fried chicken at Plaza Inn and beignets from the Jazz Kitchen in Downtown Disney.

What are some must do dining in both of the parks at Disneyland?
Must do?

IMO the only must do's are
  • Blue Bayou at DL (TS)
  • Tortilla Jo's in DTD (TS, even though you asked only about the parks).
Other nice to do's
  • Carnation Cafe (DL, TS)
  • Flo's V-8 Cafe (DCA, CS)
  • Jolly Holiday Bakery (DL, CS)
  • Plaza Inn (DL, CS)
  • Steakhouse 55 (DL Hotel, TS)
None of the TS dining at DCA excites me. I have done Carthay Circle around 5 times. If anything I would just choose Wine Country Tratorria for TS at DCA.

:wizard:

What are some must do dining in both of the parks at Disneyland?
"Must do" is totally subjective and relative -- what do you like and what is important to you? TS? CS? Dining packages for shows? Budget? Any allergies/special needs/dietary preferences? Give us more detailed information about what you're looking for and we can help you with suggestions tailored to your tastes.

Catal in Downtown Disney is certainly worth doing, although do bear in mind it is quite expensive. Great for serious anniversaries and birthdays though :)

Also, in DCA, Wine Country Trattoria is worth considering too. Not quite as pricey as Catal but still a fantastic location for food, alongside Catal.

There are so many choices but I'm sure the OP will make the right one :)

Our only must do is Napa Rose.

Use to be for me too but last few times I was woefully disappointed in both the regular menu and Chef's Counter.

It is by no means bad it just has seemed to have lost that knock your socks off dining and culinary experience.

Our only must do is Cafe Orleans for a monte cristo and beignets

Honourable mentions:

Disneyland- Carnation Cafe, Blue Bayou (expensive but a neat experience)

DCA- Flo’s Diner, Pacific Wharf Cafe

We don’t really plan meals meticulously, just eat wherever’s available when we’re hungry usually. Honestly, I’ve never really had a terrible meal anywhere we’ve eaten in the parks.

Use to be for me too but last few times I was woefully disappointed in both the regular menu and Chef's Counter.

It is by no means bad it just has seemed to have lost that knock your socks off dining and culinary experience.

It was never about the food for us. It is equivalent to what we get in a fine dining restaurant in Seattle. We go because the prices are less that what we pay in Seattle and because the service is excellent. They treat us like family every time we dine there. We go for the people.

Blue Bayou Napa Rose Cafe Orleans are our go to places. Oh and while not a sit down meal we always eat at Bengal BBQ at least once, I love that place.

For dinner, absolute musts for us are The Plaza Inn and Carnation Cafe. In both instances the ability to watch people and everything happening on Main Street make these places wonderful. At the Plaza Inn, we like to go early and sit in the atrium. It's quiet but still affords a view.
Food at both is very good.

A close third is Rancho Zocalo for similar reasons and to sit right next to Big Thunder and watch the cars go by.

I am always going to say this first as it is a absolute necessity when I go, a fresh warm CHURRO!! (lol) I know I'm at Disneyland when I take a bite of heaven. (I know, technically not dining, it's a snack but I am putting it down anyway)

For some reason we always end up at Alfresco's Tasting Terrace. It is such a nice break from crowds and we enjoy a few flatbreads and some drinks.

Carthay Circle is always a winner in our book too.

For counter service, it rarely gets mentioned on here, but we have always been happy with Cocina Cucamonga.

It was never about the food for us. It is equivalent to what we get in a fine dining restaurant in Seattle. We go because the prices are less that what we pay in Seattle and because the service is excellent. They treat us like family every time we dine there. We go for the people.
Agree. If we want "knock our socks off" dining, there are plenty of places to go in L.A. But NR is about having very nice meals (surprisingly nice for a theme park!) in a very comfortable atmosphere with very nice service. It has become like dining with friends.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!