Dining Plan Confusion

DisneyJColeMom

Mouseketeer
Ok so, family of three, 2 adults/1 child and we did the Deluxe Dining Plan. Crazy trying to make reservations & planning timing without knowing Fast Passes or timing of ROTR boarding group if we get one on HS day. I think I have a good outline, and it seems I have 3 TS credits left over to figure out. Do TS credits show up as adult or child? For instance if we have those 3 left over, is that 2 adult meals & 1 child meal? Or just 3 TS credits and it doesnt matter who uses them? Also, am I correct that, if I do a dining package for Fantasmic that includes entree/dessert/non-alcoholic drink, that I can still get an appetizer & an alcoholic drink bc we have the deluxe dining plan? So its 2 drinks, like a soda & a cocktail?

Do TS credits show up as adult or child? For instance if we have those 3 left over, is that 2 adult meals & 1 child meal? Or just 3 TS credits and it doesnt matter who uses them? Also, am I correct that, if I do a dining package for Fantasmic that includes entree/dessert/non-alcoholic drink, that I can still get an appetizer & an alcoholic drink bc we have the deluxe dining plan? So its 2 drinks, like a soda & a cocktail?

Yes, all credits show up as adult and/or child. If you have 2 adults and 1 child and you've all eaten at the same places and all used credits, but you have 3 total leftover, you have 2 adult credits and 1 child credit leftover and they can only be used to purchase 2 adult meals and 1 child meal.

Dining packages are up to the discretion of the restaurant. If the package comes with an app, entree, dessert, and drink (like Candlelight Dining packages), then it doesn't matter which type of plan you have, you'll get all that comes with the package. If the package only comes with entree, dessert, and drink, then that will be all you're entitled to, but some restaurants may allow those with DxDDP to also get the app.

As for alcohol, at regular TS, your dining plan will only get you the alcoholic drink and you have to pay OOP for anything else, but some have reported getting both without paying extra. At buffets and such, most have reported back that you get both.

Another question... this may seem a bit random but... after my planning I have 1 leftover Kids table service credit. Will a character dining experience allow me to redeem just this kids TS credit for my son if my husband and I dont order meals? Maybe just have a drink or something?

Another question... this may seem a bit random but... after my planning I have 1 leftover Kids table service credit. Will a character dining experience allow me to redeem just this kids TS credit for my son if my husband and I dont order meals? Maybe just have a drink or something?

Most character dining is prix fixe, every body that comes through the door gets charged.

Will a character dining experience allow me to redeem just this kids TS credit for my son if my husband and I dont order meals? Maybe just have a drink or something?
As PP mentions, I think all character meals have a set price per person that each person would be charged. All of the character meals I can think of are buffets, prix fixe (fixed price), or family style/all you can eat. In all of these instances, every person would be charged.

You could do what you propose at a non-character TS meal, however. Perhaps a place like Rainforest Cafe or T-Rex may be a good idea for that.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!