Dining plan question? Can I use TS credit for CS?

Kycha

<font color=peach>I'm a grouch with a heart <font
DH and I will be there during free dining in September. I really don't want to make ADRs for this trip. We want to be more spontaneous and we are satisfied with eating all counter service meals. But, can I use the TS credits for CS meals?

Short answer, yes, you can use a TS credit for CS.

Longer answer....we were a party of 2 on our May trip. We were able to make/change many ADRs the same day or a day ahead. I was travelling with a teen who changed her mind sometimes. Also, some TS restaurants don't take ADRs--Cap'n Jack's doesn't take any (long waits as the evening goes on). Planet Hollywood takes them only at least a day ahead--no same day ADRs. However, they said that they don't get busy till after 7. At 6, we were told there was a 20 minute wait, and we waited about 20 seconds!.

If you want to eat somewhere, ask! We always cancelled any ADRs that we weren't going to use....but some were only cancelled an hour ahead of the time. A cancellation = an opening for someone else.

If you can plan which park you will be at one day ahead, you can possibly get TS ADRs. Yes, it might be crowded during free dining, but the whole reason for free dining is that this is a less crowded season.

Thanks! That is the strategy we will employ. We were there last year for free dining, so I know what to expect. We just felt alot of our time was wasted waiting around for the ADR's. I would rather spend less time in the restaurants and more time at the theme parks. Last year half the time we were able to walk up and be seated with little or no wait(Boatwright's, Primetime Cafe, Kona Cafe, Cinderella's Royal Table), but the other half (Le Cellier, Boma, Crystal Palace) we waited forever, even with ADR's.

I know people reported being able to use TS for CS at the resort food court on their last day, but with manager approval.

Have there been reports of being able to do this at CS places in general?

I have read that several people were able to use TS meals as CS meals but today when I was at the travel agent, putting a deposit on our trip, she phoned and they said that CRO says no, you can't. I just assume that certain counter services use their discretion. Has anyone been denied when trying to do this?

Also, I made a ADR a few days ago for Planet Hollywood. They seemed to take it and gave me a confirmation number. Now I read that they only take ADR's the day ahead. Anyone have more info?? :confused3

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter