• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

dining plan question from a first timer

gcoffman

Earning My Ears
We are arriving on June 24th and staying until the 3rd of July. This is our first time and I have just recently heard about the DDP. Could someone explain it to me? We currently have a character breakfast reserved and also dinner at Boma ( 2 adults and three children). Can you get it for just so many days or do you have to buy for the entire stay? Any info would be appreciated!!

just returned wednesday and had the ddp. i believe you have to buy it in conjunction with your package and the number of nights you stay. here are my thoughts on the plan....great idea, but complicated. be very familiar with what your plan covers for each counter service meal, table service meal, and snacks. some items at disney that you would think are snacks are not covered on the plan. and if you are using counter service be sure to get your desert, whether you want it at the time or not, or you will lose it. it took me several days to "understand" the plan and i read up and researched before we went to disney. finally towards the end of our stay, i would just ask before our purchases so i would get what we paid for in the dining plan. i think it is a great idea, but should have some kinks worked out of it.

The DDP would cost you $109/night plus tax (that's if your 3 kids between 3-9) Kids under 3 are free, over 9 cost $38 instead of $11. It 's tied to how many nights you stay(min 3, max. 10) and each person has to buy the plan and purchase at least a one day base ticket. And you do have to have the package reserved before you arrive.

Hope this helps.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter