Dining plan question

Garyjames220

DIS Veteran
I see you can get a alcoholic drink with each meal

What happens if I use a two credit service meal one day

And say I pay for my meal the day before as I want to save the credit for the two table service meal.

My question is do I still get the alcoholic drink the day I pay for my meal

Only if you pay for it. Where you wouldn’t be using the dining plan for that meal you are only entitled to what you pay for.

I see you can get a alcoholic drink with each meal

What happens if I use a two credit service meal one day

And say I pay for my meal the day before as I want to save the credit for the two table service meal.

My question is do I still get the alcoholic drink the day I pay for my meal

When you use 2 TS credits for a meal, you still only get one drink just like you don't get two entrees and two desserts just because it's 2 credits.

If you're not using the dining plan to pay for a meal, then you can get whatever you want as long as you're willing to pay for it.

If you use 2 TS credits then yes you will have the option to get an alcoholic beverage with that meal.

If you are then paying for another meal out of pocket then you can purchase an alcoholic beverage if you want.

For what it's worth and I know the foo foo folks are about the flame me but you do get better drink choices at 2 TS credit joints. That said my wife still orders Bud Light at Yachtsman...bless her.

For what it's worth and I know the foo foo folks are about the flame me but you do get better drink choices at 2 TS credit joints. That said my wife still orders Bud Light at Yachtsman...bless her.

Do you happen to know if you can get a flight at a 2 TS credit location using the DDP?
I'd like to try the ice wine flight at Le Cellier and its like $20.
The cheapest drink they even have there is $14!

Do you happen to know if you can get a flight at a 2 TS credit location using the DDP?
I'd like to try the ice wine flight at Le Cellier and its like $20.
The cheapest drink they even have there is $14!

All the reports we've seen on the dedicated sticky say flights have not been included anywhere. If that is what makes the decision for where you'll eat, I don't think I would count on it. If you're eating there anyway, it never hurts to ask.

All the reports we've seen on the dedicated sticky say flights have not been included anywhere. If that is what makes the decision for where you'll eat, I don't think I would count on it. If you're eating there anyway, it never hurts to ask.

We are eating there regardless.
We are not basing where we eat solely on alcoholic beverages although we have certainly been noting drinks at the places we are going that we'd be interested in trying.
Alcohol has not been included in years past and we get the dining plan most of the time so obviously we've found it worth it without alcohol but its more just like a welcomed bonus for us.
I will say though that it bugs me that this wasn't just added instead it basically replaces the loss of dessert at QS which we always looked forward to but are kind of unwilling to use a snack credit on.

I will say though that it bugs me that this wasn't just added instead it basically replaces the loss of dessert at QS which we always looked forward to but are kind of unwilling to use a snack credit on.

They added an extra snack credit that replaced the QS dessert, though. Total entitlements didn't change on the DDP. IMO, they made it more versatile.

*This may have been done last year...can't remember. Regardless, total entitlements on the DDP have not changed.

They added an extra snack credit that replaced the QS dessert, though. Total entitlements didn't change on the DDP. IMO, they made it more versatile.

*This may have been done last year...can't remember. Regardless, total entitlements on the DDP have not changed.

Oh wait so now on the DDP you get 1TS, 1QS, and 2 snacks?

But if you're on the QSDP I think they did in fact just cut out dessert and not add it as more snack credits.

QS plan is 2 meals and 2 snack credits per night.
Yes I know.but they took out the dessert which apparently happened last year. I hadn't been on any dining plan since 2016 so I had not realized it was done last year. Instead I thought the change took place this year.
Basically you loose 2 desserts and only gain 1 snack so it's not an equal swap .

Yes I know.but they took out the dessert which apparently happened last year. I hadn't been on any dining plan since 2016 so I had not realized it was done last year. Instead I thought the change took place this year.
. Ok, sorry. Yes a second snack was added in 2017 and dessert removed from QS meals. Most QS desserts are not very good, now you can choose your dessert and when to eat it. But maybe they should have done 3 snack credits for QS to account for both meals?

. Ok, sorry. Yes a second snack was added in 2017 and dessert removed from QS meals. Most QS desserts are not very good, now you can choose your dessert and when to eat it. But maybe they should have done 3 snack credits for QS to account for both meals?
If they wanted to make it a fair trade they should.
Whether the desserts are good or not is only an opinion.
I enjoy desserts at QS locations like BOG, Cosmic Ray's and Sunshine Seasons for example.

Last edited:
If they wanted to make it a fair trade they should.
Whether the desserts are good or not is only an opinion.
I enjoy desserts at QS locations like BOG, Cosmic Ray's and Sunshine Seasons for example.

I think it is sad they did not make an equitable trade for the QS dessert removal. I will say I am glad for the additional snack on the DDP though. I love my sweets and always enjoyed the desserts at CS meals, however now I can make a decision to either choose at lunch or get a sweet later on. My DD and DSIL have been pouring over youtube videos to find snacks all over the World so they can have "the best" ones in December.

My family is a fan of the DDP. We aren't bothered by the loss of the QS dessert options, most with the exception of about 3 locations had pretty much the same choices for desserts. At a few places, we may use a credit for a dessert, but for the most part, my family would rather use their credits at Starbucks or get 2 other treats.

Thanks for the laugh! My upcoming trip is the same dates as yours and now I'm going to be looking for a woman drinking Bud Light at Yachtsman. There can't be more of them than your wife!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter