Dining Plan Snacks That Are Like Meals

I took a look at the snack credit meal-like items at Bongos! Thanks goofygal531!

Disney Springs-Bongos-

Classic Cuban Garlic Toast - Express

Baked Cuban Empanada (per each)
Roasted Chicken, Roasted Pork, Cuban Criolla Ground Beef

Breaded Stuffed Potatoes with Beef
Hand-Breaded, Mashed Potato Stuffed with Authentic Cuban Criollo Ground Beef

Ham Croquettes
Abuela's Classic Recipe; Made with a Creamy Bechamel Sauce

Plantain Chips with Estefan Kitchen Cuban Mojo
Homemade Crispy Plantain Chips, Served with Handcrafted Estefan Kitchen Mojo Sauce

Out of these, I'd say the middle three were more 'meal-like' but you could do a match-up like we talked about. One person get an empanada and the other the plantain chips or the toast.

Not sure how big the portions are, so I'm going to look for pictures on the web.:surfweb:

Oh, the carbs and sugar though! It would definitely fill you up...and then make you crash later! lol. Although you're doing all that walking so maybe not...

It's definitely not health food! The four of us split two of them around noon and it held us over until our 6:40 dinner reservations, though.

You also have to have a Magic Your Way Package through Disney Travel or be renting DVC Points to be able to add a dining plan.

Just want to clarify on this point. You can add a dining plan to a room only reservation by getting a "ticketless package." You have to CALL Disney to do it and it does change your room only to a package reservation and package rules apply.

I learned today that Starring Rolls closed!:furious: There goes my sons' ginormous cinnamon roll snack credit! He's not happy.

Take him to Gaston's over in the new Fantasyland. They have a ginormous cinn roll for a snack credit and it's yummy!!

Thanks so much. I always forget about France's bakery when looking for snacks. We are skipping EPCOT this time, but I hope it helps somebody else to remember to stop at the bakery. It's too bad Future World isn't open around breakfast time!

Assuming you meant to say WORLD SHOWCASE instead of Future World, but in any case, the French bakery is open when the park opens. You CAN get breakfast there before the rest of WS opens. The Norway bakery is also open at park opening, but they don't have savory snack credits, just yummy sweet ones.

Oh no! Say it ain't so! You'll have to try some of the snack match-ups next time. I'm really experimenting to see if I can get my money's worth with the Quick Service Plan. Hence this thread. My challenge is to get $52.50 worth of Disney food a day, and not have to spend money on any other food items while there. I'm going to track everything, and post how I did when I get back. :thumbsup2I'll add that I plan to try and order the most expensive counter service alcoholic drinks too. So that'll go a long way to jacking up the price. I figure we will start getting feed back on what alcoholic drinks are being allowed on the QS Plan this week and next week.:drinking1

Gee, thanks. I've been reading DFB lately. I learned today that Starring Rolls closed!:furious: There goes my sons' ginormous cinnamon roll snack credit! He's not happy.

We always have the free dining bounce back for our summer trips. Plus we’re not big eaters. We usually share QS meals for breakfast and lunch between the four of us. I’m always trying to use up all our credits come the last few days of our trip. It’s just too many credits over a longer vacation.

For my trip with my son next month, this list is very helpful. Although we’ll probably use a lot of snack credits at the Epcot Art Festival food booths.

You can get your son a cinnamon roll at Gaston’s Tavern in MK and Kusafuri Bakery in AK.

I took a look at the snack credit meal-like items at Bongos! Thanks goofygal531!

Disney Springs-Bongos-

Classic Cuban Garlic Toast - Express

Baked Cuban Empanada (per each)
Roasted Chicken, Roasted Pork, Cuban Criolla Ground Beef

Breaded Stuffed Potatoes with Beef
Hand-Breaded, Mashed Potato Stuffed with Authentic Cuban Criollo Ground Beef

Ham Croquettes
Abuela's Classic Recipe; Made with a Creamy Bechamel Sauce

Plantain Chips with Estefan Kitchen Cuban Mojo
Homemade Crispy Plantain Chips, Served with Handcrafted Estefan Kitchen Mojo Sauce

Out of these, I'd say the middle three were more 'meal-like' but you could do a match-up like we talked about. One person get an empanada and the other the plantain chips or the toast.

Not sure how big the portions are, so I'm going to look for pictures on the web.:surfweb:

Last time we were there, the stuffed potato balls came 3 to an order. I think we received 2 empanadas.

One of my favorite uses of a snack credit is the baked potato at Sleepy Hollow in Magic Kingdom. We can usually generate a meal out of this.....especially a light lunch:). Granted, we're not generally on the dining plan, but we still get this as a light lunch quite a bit anyways!

It's definitely not health food! The four of us split two of them around noon and it held us over until our 6:40 dinner reservations, though.

No, it's not healthy but this is what people should be getting instead of a mickey bar or soda, and do like you guys do-split it up. Most more cost effective. Personally, I'd take some of the strawberries and some of the funnel. The kids can have the ice cream and the chocolate drizzle. That's just not my thing.

Just want to clarify on this point. You can add a dining plan to a room only reservation by getting a "ticketless package." You have to CALL Disney to do it and it does change your room only to a package reservation and package rules apply.

Wow! Another thing I didn't know! I hope you have your own blog, 'cause if you don't, you should!

Assuming you meant to say WORLD SHOWCASE instead of Future World, but in any case, the French bakery is open when the park opens. You CAN get breakfast there before the rest of WS opens. The Norway bakery is also open at park opening, but they don't have savory snack credits, just yummy sweet ones.

Yes I meant World Showcase. That's great info for future trips. I admit that when my son's became adults, I took my finger off the Disney pulse. For instance, this is the first time we're using Magicbands. Yeah! Off the pulse!

One of my favorite uses of a snack credit is the baked potato at Sleepy Hollow in Magic Kingdom. We can usually generate a meal out of this.....especially a light lunch:). Granted, we're not generally on the dining plan, but we still get this as a light lunch quite a bit anyways!

I forgot about the baked potato at Sleepy Hollow. It has self-added 'fixin's.' Doesn't it? I believe that moved over from Liberty Inn like 2 years ago. You could add a lot of stuff. Equal to the potato. ;)

I forgot about the baked potato at Sleepy Hollow. It has self-added 'fixin's.' Doesn't it? I believe that moved over from Liberty Inn like 2 years ago. You could add a lot of stuff. Equal to the potato

I don't think Sleepy Hollow does the baked potato; they do waffles. Seems like there is a baked potato somewhere in MK, but I can't find it on the menus.

@JBeaty0507 when was the last time you got a baked potato at Sleepy Hollow?

Well, it's been a while ( a year or so), but I was sure that they had moved the baked potato from the Liberty Square Market over to sleepy hollow. But you're correct, I don't see it on the menu currently. I would have sworn it was on there when we went by in December.....but we didn't actually eat it, so I can't be sure!!

I don't think it's ever been on the sign. Just a picture sign on the counter. I don't know the updated rules about posting links on the dis, so I won't post it. If you google 'baked potato magic kingdom' a picture comes up of the counter's sign, but it's January 2017 dated.

I will check it out when I'm there and report back. If it is still there, I bet people are ordering it today! Brrrrrr.

Tomorrowland area does not have any meal-like snacks at all! Does it?

You think Cosmic Ray's would have something.

What is the Pretzel Royal at Prince Eric's Market? Is like over nine dollars. Probably not a snack credit. They have hummus and chips though.

Last edited:
Btw the waffles at Sleepy Hollow are covered as a snack credit on the DP, I get one all the time.

Btw the waffles at Sleepy Hollow are covered as a snack credit on the DP, I get one all the time.

The one with strawberries and whipped cream are covered under the DDP.

The one with fresh fruit/nutella and the one with chicken are not. I saw a woman in front of me pitch an absolute fit in November because she ordered one of each and tried to use snack credits for them, and was told they are not covered by DDP snacks.

Just back from a WD 12 night trip yesterday so let me write my impressions whilst still fresh in mind.
Understand that the adults are not big breakfast eaters and DGD is a nibbler who eats small amts of food until lunch time.
We used up the vast majority of our snacks on breakfasts: fresh fruit cups, a toasted bagel, yogurt and yogurt parfaits, dry cereal for the kiddo and forwent hot breakfasts for the most part. It was nice to be able to eat that type of food leisurely or on the run. The fruit also came in nice as after lunch snacks. Since we saved the vast amt of our dining plan credits for signature dinners I can't say much about snack credits as meal credits.

The one with fresh fruit/nutella and the one with chicken are not. I saw a woman in front of me pitch an absolute fit in November because she ordered one of each and tried to use snack credits for them, and was told they are not covered by DDP snacks.

Just looking at the menu at Sleepy Hollow, the Funnel Cake Topped with Strawberries and Whipped Cream $7.99 is a snack credit according to Tour..pl.. That would definitely add value to your snack plan.

Hey, Moliphino! Another shot at the funnel cake coma! lol I prefer the whipped cream to the ice cream and chocolate at the Oasis Canteen one in Hollywood Studios. Yum!

So if there's no bake potato, I'll get the funnel cake!:flower1:

:rotfl2:Somehow I could play that whole scene in my head, and it made me laugh so hard! :rotfl2:

What is the Pretzel Royal at Prince Eric's Market? Is like over nine dollars. Probably not a snack credit. They have hummus and chips though.

The royal pretzel looks like a large German pretzel similar to the one served in Epcot at Sommerfest. It used to be a snack credit until they increased the price to $9. My son loves pretzels and we'd always stop for one at Sommerfest since it was a snack credit and tasted so much better than the basic pretzels.

Did anyone mention the cheeseburger rolls at the egg roll cart in MK Adventureland? You get two for one snack credit. Haven't tried it yet, but sounds different.

I also recently tried the Cheshire Cat tail pastry at Cheshire Cafe in MK (near the tea cups). It was pretty good. Perfect on the go breakfast.

Last edited:
Les Halles Boulangerie in EPCOT has ham and cheese croissants that are a snack credit. At least they were when we went last August.

I didn't know about this one! DD always gets that for lunch so this will be a great use of a snack credit for us.

I just wanted to pick out some of the items on the Sunshine Seasons Menu in EPCOT from the Confirmed Snack List Thread of 2017 that I think are 'meal-like'.

That thread is so great, that this list is from most expensive to least. What a resource!

Sunshine Seasons EPCOT

Fruit and Cheese Plate
Caprese Salad-BelGiolosa Fress Mozzarella and Tomato with Basil Pesto
Overnight Oats with Blueberries, Flax Seed, Vanilla, and Pecans
Chicken Corn Cowder
Mini San Marzano Tomatoes
Mixed Fruit Cup
Tuna, Noodle, or Plain Side Salad

On some of the lower items, you could do a match-up of 2 snack credits to make a meal.

I've got my eye on that Caprese Salad!

I'm looking for snack credits that are meal-like not desserts. So far, I only know of two:

Animal Kingdom Park-Eight Spoon Cafe-Mac and Cheese Pulled Pork Bowl (I'd prefer the shrimp instead of pulled pork but maybe not in a theme park.)

Magic Kingdom-Sleepy Hollow-Fresh Fruit Waffle Sandwich (Technically, you could consider this dessert, but with all the fresh fruit and the size of it, it's like a meal and dessert wrapped in one.)

Does anyone know of any others?
Animal Kingdom - Flame Tree BBQ - Pulled Pork BBQ Fries Snack Credit

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!