Dining reservation question

garnwr32229

Mouseketeer
Dining question

Right now I have chef Mickey set up for arrival for dinner and 1900 set up up for departure day at 400pm. Our flight leaves at 1030pm. Am I giving us enough time with a 4pm dinner reservation and a 1030pm flight?? Or should I swap them and do a chef Mickey brunch instead of dinner? We are stay at pop. This is our first time staying on property, doing any type of character meal and flying into/out of Orlando. So I have no idea how long things take.

Well just FYI for Magical Express back to MCO you will most likely get picked up at POP aroung 730 pm. or somewhere around 3 hours before your flight time. Neverdone 1900 so I cant give you a time frame of how long that meal takes.

Your pick up time will be 3 hours prior to flight time. Plan around 90 minutes for dinner at 1900. If you are seated on time, (We've been pretty lucky at 1900) you should be done by 5:30 - 6:00 pm. With an ADR at 4 pm, you should be fine. I would absolutely get to 1900 a half hour early, and I would also, plan to possibly Uber back to your resort if time becomes tight. ME WILL NOT wait for you.

Your pick up time will be 3 hours prior to flight time. Plan around 90 minutes for dinner at 1900. If you are seated on time, (We've been pretty lucky at 1900) you should be done by 5:30 - 6:00 pm. With an ADR at 4 pm, you should be fine. I would absolutely get to 1900 a half hour early, and I would also, plan to possibly Uber back to your resort if time becomes tight. ME WILL NOT wait for you.
So do you think it would be wise to switch it? There are 7 of us and I will not have a seat for my 3yr old so Uber or lyft really aren’t an option

IF you are still worried, and there are open ADRs at both restaurants, then by all means do the switch. You'll be less stressed, and won't have any trouble with DME.
Truthfully, because you're going as soon as dinner service begins at 1900, I think you'll be fine. Arrive (at THE VERY LATEST) by 3:30. Speak to the hostess, ask to be seated asap r/t your flight time. Again, this is entirely up to the CM, but you won't be waiting for tables to be cleared, or previous guests to vacate a table.

So do you think it would be wise to switch it? There are 7 of us and I will not have a seat for my 3yr old so Uber or lyft really aren’t an option

You can request an Uber or Lyft with a car seat, I'm pretty sure, we have before not in the last year but did for when we had my grandson with us...

You can request an Uber or Lyft with a car seat, I'm pretty sure, we have before not in the last year but did for when we had my grandson with us...
I understand the problem may be they would need 2 Uber/Lyfts, as well as a car seat, because there are so many of them. The price would be double the normal rate.
Even Minnie Vans don't hold 7 passengers.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter