Dining Review:10/7-Pecos Bills, 1900 Park Fare, & California Grill

Jenn Lynn

<font color=blue>Eli and Avery's Mama<br><font col
Breakfast in room.

Lunch-Pecos Bills. I had the chicken salad which was ok. DH and MIL both had the cheeseburger. MIL loved the mushrooms on the toppings bar. Both burgers got thumbs up. DD had chicken strips. These are not normal chicken strips. They were actually grilled chicken. Kind of different, but she ate them all up plus some of mine from my salad. She also had applesauce, carrots, and goldfish crackers. Food A-

Dinner-California Grill (DH and I). We had 6:20 PS. We were early, checked in on the 2nd floor, and they took us upstairs. The restaurant was NOT busy. I requested and was given a window seat. FABULOUS view of MK. The only bad thing were the crows outside. It was like a scene from The Birds! It was nuts. After a while they all left at once. Really strange. Our server was Randall and I will say he was very efficient. Not overly friendly, but very prompt with refills. We asked for water. He said bottled or tapped. I said bottled and he said sparkling or distilled. Never knew there were so many choices! LOL! I said plian water. He brought a big bottle which he served us from and left at our table. I guess it was from France. :rolleyes: We ended up drinking 2 of those bottles.
Then I wanted wine. I don't know anything about wine except that I like sweet. Randall suggested something under the Rieslings (SP) that started with an "O". Anyway, I just got one glass (I'm a light weight) and it was heaven! SO good! DH ordered a beer.
Then we odered the Quadruple Cheese Flatbread and the Black Mussels. The Flatbread was SO SO SO good! I cannot say how good it was. We both loved it. We were not that thrilled with the mussels. It was mainly the sauce. The last time we were here it was a red sauce, this one was green. They were still good though. Really big mussels, I had to cut them with a fork. :) DH was disappointed in them.
For our entree I ordered the Oak-fired beef filet. By that time I was full with flatbread and mussels and feeling the effects of the yummy wine. The filet was good I just couldn't eat a lot of it. DH ordered the chili rubbed chicken breast. He said it was good, but spicy.
I HAD to get dessert since it was our anniversary and it was the first day I was feeling good. I ordered the Warm Vahlrhona Chocolate Cake. It takes 15 minutes to make and is worth every minute. Very rich and very good! YUMMY! :)
Total with tax:122.66 Food overall A- Service A

1900 Park fare with Cinderella (MIL and DD). They had 5:20 PS. It was VERY busy. MIL said all of the food was great! DD ate a ton of Mac n Cheese and something else with ketchup. MIL said the Prime Rib was excellent as was everything else she tried. DD saw Cinderella, Suzy, Perla, and Prince Charming. MIL said she LOVED the characters, but was little leary of Prince Charming at first. :)
Food A Service ??

Thanks for sharing,I really enjoyed your information on Ca.Grill.::yes:: :wave2:

Thanks for sharing. We loved Pecos Bill. We try to low carb so getting burgers sans buns and using the fixings bar made a nice meal.

Thanks fpr the reviews. I'm curious about the chili rubbed chicken breast. Did they give you like 2 chicken breasts with that? ALso can you tell me what else the chicken came with (vegies, potato)? Thanks for your help.

Originally posted by ckret01
Thanks fpr the reviews. I'm curious about the chili rubbed chicken breast. Did they give you like 2 chicken breasts with that? ALso can you tell me what else the chicken came with (vegies, potato)? Thanks for your help.

I will ask my DH this afternoon since he ordered it and I was concentrating on my food. ;) :)

We have a PS at both CG and 1900 Park Fare for dinner so I was glad to read your good reviews.

I guess I had a dumb question on whether you can see MK from CG, because I have never been there before and didn't want to assume you could see Cinderella's Castle and then get there and be dissappointed. But do you have to have a window seat to see anything?

How did you travel to both restaurants and also did you take the same route home?

We will probably take the bus from our resort (BWI) to MK and then take the monorail. But I was worried if MK closes at 7 pm on the night we're at 1900 PF, will the buses from MK stop running by 9 pm or earlier? We have a 7:20 PS on our last night so I think we might have problems coming back to our resort.

Great reviews Jenn!

Did Avery show off her costume to Cinderella?

I always order a Riesling too. I like my white wine a little sweeter and a Riesling is a great choice. Yum!

ok-I asked DH about the chicken. He said it was one piece of chicken that was cooked in a chili sauce. It was in this sauce with 3 different types of beans and a soup-ish chowder (?). It was served in a bowl.

Hope this helps because I am confused! LOL! :crazy:

Originally posted by tkyes
Great reviews Jenn!

Did Avery show off her costume to Cinderella?

I always order a Riesling too. I like my white wine a little sweeter and a Riesling is a great choice. Yum!

Tamie-Avery did not want to wear her dress to see Cinderella. MIL said she didn't even ask for it when they were there. :)

Thanks for all the reviews! We are thinking of eating at CG for our anniversary next year so it was nice to hear you had a good experience. I would probably get what you got, minus the mussels, so hearing it was good is reassuring. ;)

Thank you for following up on my question Jenn Lynn :)
Although it sounds to me that I may not like it so I'm glad to know ahead of time. I dont like beans or any sort of soup (i know im a picky eater:rolleyes: ) I thought it might just be grilled chicken breast with a chili seasoning on it. Thanks again for the info.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter