Dining Reviews - 03/09 - 03/14- Flying Fish, BOG, Le Cellier, al Forno

Shelly Girl

Earning My Ears
We recently went to WDW for our grandson's second birthday. March 09, - 14th 2018. Great weather. Highest temp was 80 degrees. Here is a list of restaurants that we had dinner, in order of preference. I my opinion of course:

1. Flying Fish was our favorite of all. We had 5:45 reservation, and we were seated right away. Our server was attentive, knowledgeable, and funny. The appetizers to entrees were excellent. I had soft shell crab for app, and the sword fish for dinner. My wife actually had 2 appetizers for dinner because she doesn't eat that much (silly I know). She had Ahi tuna and a romaine salad. Both were very good. There were 8 of us, so they got everything from scallops to the duck. Everyone raved about their dinner. Pricey, but we knew that going into it. I will go back again.

2. Le Cellier was very good as well. Very busy even at 5:00. There were 13 of us at two different tables. The La Fin Du Monde is a very good beer. The cheese soup and poutine were very good. All steak was cooked to perfection. I had the rib eye, had just enough fat for flavor. My only question was the thickness of the steaks. A little on the thin side. I'm a steak house kinda guy, I'm used to thicker variety. Overall very good. Pricey, but if you're going there. you already knew that. I would def go again.

3. al Forno was good. Nothing special, but good. Seven of us this time. I'm really not hard to please when it comes to food. Staff very friendly. Good wine selection. I've been and would probably skip next trip. I think everyone had the same opinion. The other good thing about it is, the Abracadabar is right next door. Spent a lot of time in there.

4. BOG is the only lunch reservation we had this time. I'm told lunch is the only time its not so good. I agree. The wait was long even though we had reservations, the food was mediocre at best. It was like chick Fil A only Chick Fil A has better food. I hear dinner is much better. The dining rooms are cool, but food doesn't support going back. With so many food options, I wouldn't go back for any meal.

Hopefully this will help some people. Any restaurants with a bar is better than ones that don't. My opinion of course.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!