Dining reviews: Spoodles, CRT, LTT from 11/2-11/4

jeast

DIS Veteran
Just a quick review for the curious.

We did the CRT princess lunch on 11/2. DD3 was picked as the princess of the day. She got to spend 5 minutes alone w/Cinderella before the other families lined up for pictures. That was really nice.

The food was very good. The kids had chicken strips. We both had the major domo pie, which was excellent.

However, with the exception of Jasmine who took a little time w/DD, the rest of the characters came to the table, posed for a picture, and left quickly. If it weren't for Tabby getting picked for princess of the day, it would definitely not be worth the approx. $140.00 we spent for the lunch. The pictures from the package weren't that great. However, there were several nice ones put on the photopass. I'm not sure if that was because of the princess of the day thing or not.

All in all, it was okay. I don't think we'd do it again. Maybe we'll try Akershus next time.

We dined at Spoodles last fall and thought it was the best meal we had on property. This year we brought back our entire family. One of the reasons we chose it was because of the wonderful kids menu they had last time. Options including a small steak, mashies, veggies. Or grilled chicken, mashies, veggies. Also, the greek salad was formed into a circle. It was a work of art. It tasted out of this world. And I don't even LIKE Greek salad!!

Unfortunately, there have been some changes. The Greek salad is just a normal Greek salad. Heavy on the tomatoes and very heavily dressed. I didn't even eat mine. The prices have gone up and the portions seem to have gone down. The $28.00 steak is served w/fries. Very odd. The kids menu has changed and reflects most of the other Disney kid menus out there.

We had the rigatoni which was good, but not outstanding. Other family members had the fettucine alfredo, which was much the same. Another had the steak and said it was very good.

Several of us had the chocolate pistachio cake w/raspberry gelato. This was outstanding. We all loved it.

I will not do Spoodles again.

Liberty Tree Tavern was very good. Lots of well-prepared comfort food. The kids enjoyed the interaction w/the characters, who showed up more than once! They also enjoyed the food, which was a nice change! I would definitely do this meal again.

Our counter service included:
Backlot express: decent cheeseburgers, huge hot dog, great chicken fingers
Tusker House: Yummy rotisserie ckn, fantastic kids meals w/carrot sticks, grapes, and sugar free jello.

I think I enjoyed our meal at tusker house as well as some table service meals I've had at Disney.

Well, that's my take on our experience. Paying back for reading lots of reviews!

Cheerio,
Jennifer

I enjoyed reading your reviews! Thanks for sharing! :)

jeast said:
One of the reasons we chose it was because of the wonderful kids menu they had last time. Options including a small steak, mashies, veggies. Or grilled chicken, mashies, veggies.

There isn't anything the management of the Chef can do about the kid's menu's. They were changed at every restaurant - directed from Disney Corporate.

Yes, it's sad that they had to change it. It seems strange that Disney would curtail such healthy choices. Oh well.

Enjoyed reading your reviews ~ Thanx for sharing.

directed from Disney Corporate.

That sums it up in a nutshell. No consideration fot the chefs or customers expectations. Consollidation!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter