Dining Rotation

Dana D

Earning My Ears
I have read that some people have a good idea what dining rotation they are assigned by the ages of the children they are travelling with. We are a party of 8 with children ages 4, 7, 8, and 10. Are past two cruises we had APLAPLA and are hoping for that again. Do we have a good chance? Any idea? Thanks! 15 days and counting!!

Judging by the number and ages of the children in your party, I would say you have a very good chance of receiving the APLAPLA again.

In our three cruises we've always received the LAPLAPL rotation and contribute this to us being two adults with no children. (Of course, we're still kids-at-heart!)

I think that is a common rotation for people with small children. So, I would think you would have a good chance of getting that roatation again, but DCL can surprise you sometimes!

OMG....talk about your acronyms!

Can someone please help me with the details of the dining rotations that you're referring to.

Have never been on Disney before and am looking at a 3 night on the Wonder in October. 3 adults and kids 5, 7 and 10.

Thanks for clearing it up for me!

The acronyms in the above messages describe the various dining rotations that one can receive on the 7-night Disney Magic Cruises.

The letters represent the first letter in the names of the ship's restaurants: Animator's Palate, Lumiere's, and Parrot Cay.

On the 3-night Wonder cruises you won't have to worry about rotations because you'll eat in each restaurant once.

One thing I'm not real clear on...when do you find out what your rotation is? Is is printed on your key card, or is the information waiting for you in your stateroom? I see a lot of advice to get on board and make your Palo reservations quickly....do you already have your dining rotation information so that you can pick which night to skip?

Brenda

You find out your rotation at check in - it'll appear on your KTTW card (for example: APL). If you're on the 7 night cruise, the Palo "rush" is not worrisome - there are many nights to choose from. The 3 or 4 night cruises obviously have a less choice so you want to get them quickly. You can only reserve 1 dinner per stateroom, but waitlist for another night.

Okay...I think I'm getting it...just a couple of questions..

So..basically, the kids stay at the Oceaneers Club all day, unless they want to swim - in which case you check them out and take them to the pool/beach, correct?

Also...I noticed that the kids can eat at the club, too. Do most folks check out the kids so they can dine with the parents..or do they leave them at the club?

I'm pretty sure that we would do the late dining option...as after a hard day of playing the kids could easily hold off til 8:30 as long as they have a snack around 5:00. We usually eat pretty late at home, anyway. But...after looking at the kids menus...can the kids order from the adult menu? Although the kids are younger 5/7/10..they like to have salads with dinner and they all love escargot, shrimp and prime rib.
Can they alternate between the kids and adults menu throughout the evening?

Can you request a table size...if we just wanted the seven of us at a table..would that be a problem?

I'm also a tad confused on the dress code..are there any semi-formal nights in the regular rotation on a 3 night cruise?

Thanks again for all your help!

Okay...I think I'm getting it...just a couple of questions..

So..basically, the kids stay at the Oceaneers Club all day, unless they want to swim - in which case you check them out and take them to the pool/beach, correct?
Activities start usually around 9 a.m. and end approx 12:00 - 1:00 a.m. - you can check them out anytime during the day except during times when they are being "moved" from place to place (i.e. from the club to Topsiders for example)

Also...I noticed that the kids can eat at the club, too. Do most folks check out the kids so they can dine with the parents..or do they leave them at the club?
You can have the kids eat with the club (they go to Topsiders) or you can check them out to eat with you.

I'm pretty sure that we would do the late dining option...as after a hard day of playing the kids could easily hold off til 8:30 as long as they have a snack around 5:00. We usually eat pretty late at home, anyway. But...after looking at the kids menus...can the kids order from the adult menu?
Yep, the kids can order from the adult menu (and you can order from the kid's menu - yummy mickey ice cream bars) Just remember that if the kids are in the clubs during the 5-6 p.m. time they will most likely be eating dinner at Topsiders. You may not want that right before your late dining.

Although the kids are younger 5/7/10..they like to have salads with dinner and they all love escargot, shrimp and prime rib.
Can they alternate between the kids and adults menu throughout the evening?
Most definitely. They can have the escargot and shrimp for appetizer, salad after that and then choose the mickey shaped mac/cheese :)

Can you request a table size...if we just wanted the seven of us at a table..would that be a problem?
You can request it through DCL (or your TA), but it will not be guaranteed. They will try to make the request.

I'm also a tad confused on the dress code..are there any semi-formal nights in the regular rotation on a 3 night cruise?
Haven't got a clue - never done the 3 night.

Thanks again for all your help!

no problem...

Hi Crowsie.

the kids stay at the Oceaneers Club all day, unless they want to swim - in which case you check them out and take them to the pool/beach, correct?

The kids don't HAVE to stay in the Oceaneers Club if you don't want them to. There are a lot of activities aboard ship that you might wish to participate in as a family. The choice is yours...

reguarding semiformal night...Triton is the "fanciest" restaurant you may fir you wish dress your best for that night or go resrt casual. On the 7 night certain days are formal/semiformal reguardless of whre you dine. Hope that helps!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter