Dining with an Imagineer Review

bsj1701

Mouseketeer
Hello!

My wife and I did the "Dining with an Imagineer" On Wednesday December 13,2017. Our Imagineer was Ryan Wineinger, he is an Art Director who has worked on things like New Fantasyland, Toy Story Land, and also the new Star Wars area. I can't imagine a better Imagineer to have lunch with, he was very knowledgeable, friendly, an accommodating to all of us. I don't see many reviews out there for this experience so I wanted to share my recent experience.

The cost includes food, the talk with the Imagineer, the tip, and a personalized paper menu. It is currently $105 per person. NO name badge is included and there is no option to purchase the plate that used to be offered in the past. At least no such option was mentioned to us. Is it expensive? Yes. Is it worth it? If all imagineer's are like Ryan, then yes, of course your mileage may vary!

I estimated the value of the 4 course meal and gratuity at around $70-$75, so for another $30 or so you get to chat with an Imagineer. No question was off limits, but some could not really be answered in specifics for obvious reasons.

I recommend this to any hardcore Disney fan. Having said that, would I do it again? Probably not. There are 2 reasons for this. First, I would have liked something a little more substantial than a paper menu as a souvenir of this experience, even at extra cost. My second reason is simply because Ryan was SO Good! I have read varying reviews of this event and so much is dependent on the guest host, I just can't imagine a better experience than this one.

This is a hard reservation to get, but keep trying if you are interested. There were a few extra spots on our date due to some cancellations. Thank You to Ryan for a most enjoyable lunch!

dateposted-ff
menu.jpg

I've thought of doing this, but I've always wondered if it might be a little awkward having lunch with a stranger. Did you ask all the questions to get him talking or bring up any topics? My fiance is an engineer and would probably find this really fascinating.

I've thought of doing this, but I've always wondered if it might be a little awkward having lunch with a stranger. Did you ask all the questions to get him talking or bring up any topics? My fiance is an engineer and would probably find this really fascinating.

He was very outgoing and we had no problem getting him talking! Yes we were all strangers, but we had our fascination/obsession with all things Disney in common. I did not find it awkward at all.

You eat with several other families at this event, and your Imagineer host makes everyone feel welcome in the conversation. People settle into it pretty quickly. The conversation flows easily and the host is ready to answer questions, reminisce, or tell stories to keep things moving. Shorter answer: it turns out to not be awkward at all.

You eat with several other families at this event, and your Imagineer host makes everyone feel welcome in the conversation. People settle into it pretty quickly. The conversation flows easily and the host is ready to answer questions, reminisce, or tell stories to keep things moving. Shorter answer: it turns out to not be awkward at all.
Oh I didn’t realize it with other people. That makes it a lot better. Thanks :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter