Dinner after a day at Animal Kingdom

ChristyJ

<marquee><font color=9933ff>Hiking Chick</marquee>
We'll be staying at the WL 12/3-12/11, and I'm in the process of doing our PS. We're headed to the AK on Wed. 12/8-I'm thinking that a PS at Ohana's might be good for dinner that night....(doesn't the AK close early??)

I'd love some advice on when might be the best time (it's me, DH, & DDs 5 & 8-and my kids are generally night owls). Like I said, we'll be at the WL, so I'll have to factor in transportation (we will NOT have our own car). Also, are there any tips for booking at Ohana's (seating, etc.) that I should know ahead of time?

Thanks so much!!!:)

Hi, Christy....we will be at the WL at the same time! I'm pretty sure that AK closes at 5:00. We are doing Hoop De Doo on our AK day. Ohana is a good idea, we went our last trip and loved it. As far as time, we did not plan for it but our PS coincided with Wishes and Ohana's pipes in the music. We had a great viewfrom our table next to the window! I know the hours are not up yet for Dec. which makes it hard to plan for PSs, but going off the previous years hours, MK should be open until 6:00 or 7:00 (6:00 if the MVMCP is on that night..I don't have that in front of me). Your kids would probably love to watch the fireworks, so I would try and plan the time around that and request a window table to view them! As far as transportation, maybe someone else can confirm, but I would just take a boat from WL to the Contemporary and then jump on the monorail to the Poly. Unless it's easier to take the boat to MK and then take the resort monorail from there? I'm not sure what the order of the stops are for the hotel.

Have fun!:)

Animal Kingdom DOES close early compared to the other parks. At that time of year, it could be 5:00pm, 6:00pm or 8:00pm depending on the night.

Ohana's is great and you shouldn't have a problem booking it. I would choose a later time since you say you are night owls anyway.

Another suggestion would be Boma at Animal Kingdom Lodge since you'll already be on that side of WDW. The AKL is incredible and you could do the African storytelling before or after dinner. I think Boma is open until 10:00pm.

Thanks for the info! I'll try to get a 6:30 or so PS-that will give us enough time to get where we need to be-and hopefully we'll catch the fireworks!!:)

Why not got to the AKL and try Boma or Jiko?

We are staying at the Poly in a few weeks. On our AK day we plan to go over to AKL to check it out and have dinner at Boma.

We went to Boma after our AK day. It is easy to get to from AKL and so delicious! The only problem is getting back to your resort after dinner. It took us about 1 1/2 hours! Next time I may spring for a cab.

We always hop on the Animal Kingdom Lodge bus after a day at the Animal Kingdom. We make a 5:30 reservation at Jiko, it's fabulous!! Usually when we are at the parks the animal kingdom closes at 5pm. If we are done at the park earlier, its fun to go and explore the Lodge. If we are at another resort, we just take a taxi back to it.

:sunny:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter