Direct Sales Incentives - Fall 2020 (9/17 - 11/4)

Which page needs to be notarized on the contract and has anyone else not received the prepaid fedex labels for over a week after signing?
It's the very last page of the contract and they emailed me my FedEx shipping label within a couple of days.

I was able to bank the points. My sales guide told me on Tuesday I couldn't bank them while on Monday he said we could bank them. Gave us the phone # and ext 1.

As of this morning Thurs I still don't have a contract (the originally sent one Mon afternoon but voided it before I could open the email) This morning he said we would have a contract this afternoon. But we still don't!!

First half payment was on my cc Monday afternoon. No contract Thurs night.

I really thought I would be mostly done by Monday night! This whole thing just feels "soooo MY luck" Doing something thousands of people have done before me and then suddenly its different for me. It just really feels cruddy.

I’m a guinea pig for Dec UY banking. I called on Monday night got my contract on Tuesday, but I haven’t signed it yet. I’m an attorney so I’m reading all 500 pages of the documents.

I forgot to ask about banking so I will check with my guide tomorrow to see what the answer is. I will probably cancel if I can’t bank. Any word on the blue card minimum increasing. That was the main reason I was buying now.

JC, I think you should be able to call Member Services and bank them now, even before you sign the contract.

It looks like LoveMugsNPins was able to bank them even with the contract snafus. Hopefully they'll stay banked!

I know every experience isn't the same, but I bought RIV a week or so ago (signed contract 09/14). I was so intent on asking questions about Fixed Weeks, I forgot to tell my guide I wanted Oct UY. He automatically assigned April, which isn't great for my Fixed Week 44 - first week in Nov. He had to get approval to change to Oct, but they agreed. I received the revised contract the next day.

I banked my 2019 points after signing the contract but I've seen other reports also that you can bank immediately.

Last edited:
JC, I think you should be able to call Member Services and bank them now, even before you sign the contract.

It looks like LoveMugsNPins was able to bank them even with the contract snafus. Hopefully they'll stay banked!

I know every experience isn't the same, but I bought RIV a week or so ago (signed 09/14). I was so intent on asking questions about Fixed Weeks, I forgot to tell my guide I wanted Oct UY. He automatically assigned April, which isn't great for my Fixed Week 44 - first week in Nov. He had to get approval to change to Oct, but they agreed. I received the revised contract the next day.

I banked my 2019 points after signing the contract but I've seen other reports also that you can bank immediately.

Thanks for sharing. Sounds like we have different things being said by guides
via a call to MS for banking.

It’s good to know

Thanks for sharing. Sounds like we have different things being said by guides
via a call to MS for banking.

It’s good to know

The only difference for me is I had everything complete before the 09/16 change in incentives. It seems like that's when they made the decision regarding Oct & Dec use years.

The only difference for me is I had everything complete before the 09/16 change in incentives. It seems like that's when they made the decision regarding Oct & Dec use years.

Missed that part but still, if the info is anything it is still inconsistent with what is and is not being said,

Of course, by next Thursday it will be a moot point for October and they will have no problem selling that!

Yeah I called in the afternoon of the 17th and my guide had just gotten out of a meeting were they had said Oct and Dec UY were not to be sold.

Just spoke to my guide. She said she could help with October and could get December. Pm me if you want her contact

What was the last incentive for BLT? Doesn't seem that good now...

The one that just ended was given a few dollars off, It was the first incentive in years as most sold out resorts never get them.

Even with it, it was still a lot more than resale.

Summary of buying and banking 100 puts Dec UY at AKL. Called Monday purchased 100 points and documents were emailed on Tuesday. Called my guide on Friday regarding banking 2019 points. She referred me to member services. I called MS today and there was no problem banking my 2019 points. So I was able to buy and bank Dec UY.

Summary of buying and banking 100 puts Dec UY at AKL. Called Monday purchased 100 points and documents were emailed on Tuesday. Called my guide on Friday regarding banking 2019 points. She referred me to member services. I called MS today and there was no problem banking my 2019 points. So I was able to buy and bank Dec UY.

Thank you! Glad to have a confirmation that there is no reason anyone should be told no!

I am not foreseeing anything overly valuable (at least not more than 6 months) considering Disney needs to retain as much cash as possible, and DVC is already a reservation-in-hand for them.

They tried to sell me a October RIV UY with banked 2019 points last week when we toured Riviera.

They tried to sell me a October RIV UY with banked 2019 points last week when we toured Riviera.

Are you already an owner with an Oct UY? If so then it sounds like they will sell the contract. Just if you're a new buyer although there's one consistent thing about DVC sales. It isn't always consistent. Some guides go out of their way to get the buyer what they want like UY and others not so much.

Are you already an owner with an Oct UY? If so then it sounds like they will sell the contract. Just if you're a new buyer although there's one consistent thing about DVC sales. It isn't always consistent. Some guides go out of their way to get the buyer what they want like UY and others not so much.
I would be a new buyer. Funny thing is I didn’t even ask about the UY to that point in the pitch. He just came out and said he could sell us an October UY with him setting it up with the points banked immediately for us.

Does anyone think they timed the end of this sales period to see the results of the election? Secondly, are any of you waiting to see what happens in the election before adding on?

i am not trying to go down a political road. I am just trying to see if others are like me who are waiting until after a certain date to pull the trigger to add on or not.

Let me ask differently what I am trying to understand. Is there a historical trend to the length of each deal is given by DVC for direct? For example when the current deals end in November, will there be an immediate change new offers? Will they last 5-6 weeks? Have they had holiday deals before?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter