Dirt Cheap Flights

limegreenpeanut

Earning My Ears
Is it just me, or are the flights to Hawaii just incredibly dirt cheap right now?!! From Toronto, the average price is $530 round trip, in Canadian dollars. That's just over $400 US with the current exchange. Granted, that's on United so you have to factor that in, but STILL.

Trip booked. Activities planned:

1) Hanauma Bay
2) North Shore day trip
3) Lanikai Beach
4) Chief's Luau
5) Lulumahu Falls hike

Not sure what order we'll do all that in, will depend on the weather. Thankfully only the luau requires a reservation.

This is the second time for us, and the definite repeats we will do on every trip are Hanauma Bay and Lanikai beach. North shore is awesome too, but skipping the Dole plantation and Waimea Falls this time.

Counting the days . . . .

YUP!!!! I am looking at the same thing, I even saw $490 CND to Kona last week from YYZ and I almost jumped on that but we are trying to decide when to go and I didnt book it in time

YUP!!!! I am looking at the same thing, I even saw $490 CND to Kona last week from YYZ and I almost jumped on that but we are trying to decide when to go and I didnt book it in time
That's insane. We can't even fly to Vancouver for that price most of the time! Everybody should really just drop everything and go to Hawaii. What really floored me is that I got that price during March break!

I have a split stay from March 14th to March 20th. I couldn't find a studio on March 13th, so I'm wait-listed for that night. I must go look now!!!

I saw it early this morning. I also saw time during the third week of march. There are two brand new hotels up the road in Kapolei that might be a good option for you if you cant get in for the night of the 13th. The Hampton Inn Kapolei is $178/night with free parking and includes breakfast(I think it is attached to the new mall there too) and the Embassy Suites is $207/night, free breakfast but I dont know if they charge for parking

I saw it early this morning. I also saw time during the third week of march. There are two brand new hotels up the road in Kapolei that might be a good option for you if you cant get in for the night of the 13th. The Hampton Inn Kapolei is $178/night with free parking and includes breakfast(I think it is attached to the new mall there too) and the Embassy Suites is $207/night, free breakfast but I dont know if they charge for parking
Thanks for the great tips! So far I reserved a Waikiki hotel for the first night. I figure if I can't get Aulani, we'll just stay in Waikiki and head to Hanauma Bay in the morning because it's so close and we'll be up very (very) early.

Thanks for the great tips! So far I reserved a Waikiki hotel for the first night. I figure if I can't get Aulani, we'll just stay in Waikiki and head to Hanauma Bay in the morning because it's so close and we'll be up very (very) early.

That is what usually do too and it is fun to watch all the surfers out at Waikiki early in the morning getting waves in early.

What time of year are you guys seeing these fares out of Toronto? I've not been so lucky!

right now and and they go on into June. Use Google Flights, leave from YYZ go to HNL and look at the calendar listing. There are some into Kahalui Maui and some into Big Island that are around the mid 5 to high hundred as well

How far out is it best to start looking and booking your flights? I’m looking at going the first of October, which is the lowest points to be used at Aulani. For premium seat right now, they are like $1,150 a person. Coach was $850. This is from Shreveport, La connecting in Dallas to Honolulu.

How far out is it best to start looking and booking your flights? I’m looking at going the first of October, which is the lowest points to be used at Aulani. For premium seat right now, they are like $1,150 a person. Coach was $850. This is from Shreveport, La connecting in Dallas to Honolulu.

My experience, both with numerous trips to WDW and elsewhere (from NYC area) and our upcoming trip in April to Aulani, is that the best deals are often found approximately 4 months prior to travel. Once you get below 4 months, there seems to be a general progression toward higher prices (at least for the 'better' itineraries -- you can still grab 'inconvenient' flights with undesirable departure/arrival times, ridiculously long long layovers, etc.). My suggestion is that it's never too early to start monitoring prices, but you shouldn't feel pressured to book until the ~4 month timeframe. October is not peak travel time, so I think you'd be fine targeting June/July for a purchase, but you should definitely start looking now and set-up some alerts on a site like Kayak to monitor prices.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter