Dis Breast Cancer Survivors Part IV - GAGWTA

Happy almost New Year everyone!
Wishing you all a bright, beautiful and blessed 2024 New Year!
Went to the orthopedic surgeon yesterday. He says my leg is healing well. He wants me to see the orthopedic oncology surgeon. This guy was actually supposed to operate on me but I got bumped due to other cases. He has already been consulted and reviewed my case. My surgeon said he’s the expert. Hopefully he will give the go ahead for the radiation.
I still always feel weak and tired. I’m dreading what it will be like with the radiation.
So far for Jan. besides pt home visits, I have 3 Dr. visits, 1 telehealth visit and 1 blood test.
My ins. company paid for a transport wheelchair which is great for us! Fits right in the van.
Now we have to get the cancer genetic testing bill straightened out. 7,700! Omg! The testing company coded it wrong, it’s out of network, the insurance company wants a letter from the oncologist stating the medical necessity. All in a day lol.
GAGWTA
Thanks for the update. Things sound like they’re going well! Glad.

Sounds like a very good update, @luvmarypoppins. Great to be back home.

Such a pain, medical billing, @Grace&Carolinesmom. I also check every bill that comes in.

Best wishes to all you beautiful people here on the GAGWTA thread. A wonderful group of folks here. A Happy, and Happier New Year wish for all, along with a Healthier New Year also. ❤️

Good morning all. It’s been a long and busy week for me. Glad Dh has off this upcoming Mon.
Mon. Was the pcp. Need to try 1 new med for nerve pain and she wants a blood test.
Tues. Was the orthopedic oncology surgeon. Nice guy. Wish he would have operated on me. Didn’t like what he told me. Not very optimistic. Said the cancer has created a humongous, (Dh thought that was an interesting choice of words. It’s a big hole in my bone and he said it’s not healing.. Go get the radiation and he will look at the next ct scan when I see him again end of Feb.
Next the regular oncologist. He says I am doing well and it’s slow growing etc. Might want chemo pill in the future.
I don’t know how 2 doctors have 2 different opinions?????
We’d. was the pulmonologist. Love this guy. He called me a warrior! Trying a new inhaler to help with breathing and getting a nebulizer machine.
Thurs. New pt. I don’t like him. He then proceeds to tell me this is the last day for insurance. He wants to come today.? I said what about my insurance approval??? Will see what happens. He will call.
Then in the afternoon was the radiation planning. It was something else. I am marked and have 2 molds. They are seeing about getting me some narcotic because laying there is so painful. The jury is out on this so far.
My schedule is not the greatest. Next Thurs and Fri 8:40. I am not a morning person lol. Then Mon. 5:30 pm and Tues and Wed. 1 pm.
Hoping this works because I don’t know what the next step will be. Hopefully celebrating Dh2 bday next sun. Just eating take out here. Staying away from covid exposed places.
Sorry so long. Hope everyone is doing well.
Ds3 has been very helpful, listening to all the medical stuff. He loves his fmla. lol.
GAGWTA

Hugs to you luvmarypoppins, what a week! I agree, 8:40am in the morning for two of you radiation treatments is not ideal. Maybe the second week you will have a better choice of appointments. Glad your DS3 has been supportive, I think you are smart to avoid Covid exposed places. Here there are a lot of colds and flu in play as well. We are still trying to get over the colds we got before Christmas. Cold symptoms have ended, but left both my husband and I with fluid in our ears that doesn‘t want to resolve, and causing problems with hearing. Finished the course of antibiotics a while back, saw a NP and the EENT and she has us doing sinus rinses 3 times a week. At least the two of us are in it together.

snappy - hope your and your dh hearing issues are resolving
Celebrating the end of the radiation. Hooray! I even got some oxycodone because my horrible scoliosis couldn’t take the positions etc. overall I did not enjoy the experience.
First day took 2 hours. In front of everyone in the waiting room they say - you took too long so we are changing your time till 11am tomm. Happy with that time but they should schedule better etc. The next day I got nauseous . Probably from not eating. Too nervous. The dr. Called the house to follow up. Nice of him. Then at the 5:00 ish treatment they were so rough and rushed me out of there so fast. I sit in the wheelchair and use the walker. I Get it. They want to go home. I came out of there crying. The last 2 days were ok.
Enjoyed middle ds bday celebration.
I already have enough on my plate for Feb. Pt home visits, reg. Oncologist, radiation onc., ortho onc. surgeon, blood test and telehealth visit with endo and a ct scan. I am weary of this but know it’s necessary.
Hope you are all doing well
GAGWTA

lmp- Congrats on finishing your radiation!!:cheer2: Sounds like a very busy February coming up.

DH had knee replacement surgery last Wednesday. I have been so busy helping him and driving back and forth to the hospital, doctor and therapist appointments, and driving DD22 to her school and social activities all on top of our general household errands.......I am ready for a vacation. Unfortunately, vacation isn't until the end of May. Sigh..... Luckily, DH is progressing well and we are hoping he can start driving himself next week.

Hope everyone is doing well.

I am also in need of a total knee replacement for both knees. I am trying to wait until 2025. I dread what is entailed as i witnessed what my sister went through for both of hers.

I am also in need of a total knee replacement for both knees. I am trying to wait until 2025. I dread what is entailed as i witnessed what my sister went through for both of hers.

Good luck!! I can't imagine getting both knees done at the same time. DH will probably need his other knee replaced in a few years but it's OK for now. DH is only 54 but he played baseball in HS and college as a catcher which really put a lot of pressure on his knees.

Planning on doing the left first where the meniscus on one side was removed in 2021 when it was torn, knee very swollen and hurt like crazy. Surgery solved those issues but now my knee is causing my leg to be at an angle. Would do right one long after I have healed.

Hope everyone is doing well. Spring is around the corner!
My head spins with all this cancer stuff. It’s hard to keep everything in order - lots of ologists as ds1 says, tests and meds.
Yest. was the ortho oncologist. He said the latest ct showed no bone healing and it may never heal. The horrible pain at times in my knee won’t go away as it’s the only good bone they could anchor the rod to. Ds3 came down from work and we had to wait 55 min. for the onc. They found another issue and I said I’m not going to another ologist right now.
Tues. Is the reg. oncologist and I did a telehealth with the endo. She wants bone scan and maybe prolia shots.
My skin is still healing from the radiation burns. The radiation onc. said I don’t have to see him again unless necessary in the future.
Dil2 dad had a lung biopsy. They think he might have lymphoma.
GAGWTA.

lmp - Thanks for checking in! Sounds like you are handling everything well given the number of 'ologists you are seeing. That darn leg is a pesky guy, huh? You tell him to be-have!!! :p

Happy Spring everyone!
I had a whole body ct on Tues. Besides the iv contrast which is tolerable I then also had to drink the oral stuff. Ugh! Didn’t enjoy them taping my feet to a board either.
I tried to read the reports in my portal but will have ds read too.I am seeing the regular oncologist on Tuesday. From what I am reading the one new issue was gone. Hooray but now they see kidney cysts, sigh. I did see they mentioned the lesion on my spleen again. This sort of lit up on the pet scan before.
Ds1 bball team made it to state semifinals but lost. He is going to Japan with dil soon. He is chaperoning a group on a school trip.
Ds3 is going to Aruba with a girl/friend next month too.
GAGWTA . Hope everyone is doing well.

Happy Spring everyone!
I had a whole body ct on Tues. Besides the iv contrast which is tolerable I then also had to drink the oral stuff. Ugh! Didn’t enjoy them taping my feet to a board either.
I tried to read the reports in my portal but will have ds read too.I am seeing the regular oncologist on Tuesday. From what I am reading the one new issue was gone. Hooray but now they see kidney cysts, sigh. I did see they mentioned the lesion on my spleen again. This sort of lit up on the pet scan before.
Ds1 bball team made it to state semifinals but lost. He is going to Japan with dil soon. He is chaperoning a group on a school trip.
Ds3 is going to Aruba with a girl/friend next month too.
GAGWTA . Hope everyone is doing well.
Good morning, LMP, and everyone. Happy Spring for sure.

Good to hear your report, LMP. Wishing you well on the kidney and spleen issues.

Wishing everyone here well. GAGWTA. If you're out there @Pea-n-Me, hope all is good with you.

LMP, those boys of yours I met so many years ago sure have grown up. Tell them that that old guy still remembers them and says hello.

spelling

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!