DIS DVC 1000 Point Club (post #1 updated 02/10/2023)

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is a good question...I think the reason we bought into DVC to begin with was so we would have more space as we traveled with the kids. We got spoiled having a living room even when we travel as a couple. I like being able to be awake at midnight and know I’m not going to keep DH up. He likes getting up early and sitting on the patio with his coffee, and not waking me up. Shorter trips and more space really works for us.

That said, those trips where we have the apartment to ourselves are few and far between. We typically travel with extended family and usually every bed/sofa and chair is used. That space is really crammed full...lol

Been a little reluctant to post but since this thread has been a little active lately, I'm happy to say that over the last couple of years we have purchased a few VGF points and are up to 1,536 total points. 1000 BCV and 536 VGF. All direct. We continue to mostly stay in studios to stretch our holidays. Many points are used for our family as well.
Wow! Over 1500 points in mostly studios? What is that, approx 2-3months?

Yes, we visit in October, January, February, March and April. 12-16 days each. October and Spring with all or some of our children. Then back up to Canada where we anxiously wait for summer. It's not even close to arriving yet!

This I envy the most! Having the time to use 1500 points in studio bookings!:love:

So I think I’ve seen the first tangible benefit of this club. On the member cruise this week, I received an invitation to a reception in the Walt & Roy Disney suites. The invitation said something like “every point represents the trust you have in us, and due to the extraordinary amount of trust...”

It was so cool to see the big suites, and some of the leadership, though not Terri. Anybody else have this experience? Bobbiwoz?

Yes, we were invited to the suites AND what about the Wine Bar George experience? Terri was there mingling.

Food and drinks flowed freely at both events. I especially enjoyed the chat we had at the Wine Bar with a family from PA. At the suites I sort of felt like a potential customer. However, with the exclusive hot tub and the view from the private deck, maybe I am. (do not repeat that to DH):)

Last edited:
So I think I’ve seen the first tangible benefit of this club. On the member cruise this week, I received an invitation to a reception in the Walt & Roy Disney suites. The invitation said something like “every point represents the trust you have in us, and due to the extraordinary amount of trust...”

It was so cool to see the big suites, and some of the leadership, though not Terri. Anybody else have this experience? Bobbiwoz?

Yes, we were invited to the suites AND what about the Wine Bar George experience? Terri was there mingling.

Food and drinks flowed freely at both events. I especially enjoyed the chat we had at the Wine Bar with a family from PA. At the suites I sort of felt like a potential customer. However, with the exclusive hot tub and the view from the private deck, maybe I am. (do not repeat that to DH):)

I'm curious for you two and anyone else who has been invited to a similar event...what is the breakdown of your points in terms of direct/resale unrestricted/resale restricted? I'm curious how they determine who receives the invitation. Thanks!

What was the event at The Wine Bar George? At either event did anyone give a talk, and if so what did they discuss?

I'm curious for you two and anyone else who has been invited to a similar event...what is the breakdown of your points in terms of direct/resale unrestricted/resale restricted? I'm curious how they determine who receives the invitation. Thanks!
Our points are some of each, actually almost exactly a third of each: 375/301/350.

We were very late to the Wine Bar George event (7:20, due to bad traffic on the Florida highways) so maybe we missed her. Did you see her at the Disney Suites? I didn’t feel like they were trying to sell us on them, but then again I always grab a chance to see the giant special units that I know I’ll never see any other way!

We were very late to the Wine Bar George event (7:20, due to bad traffic on the Florida highways) so maybe we missed her. Did you see her at the Disney Suites? I didn’t feel like they were trying to sell us on them, but then again I always grab a chance to see the giant special units that I know I’ll never see any other way!
I meant a customer to book a suite, not to buy points. The suites were really fabulous.

Of our 1482 points, 100 are restricted by the first restrictions. There are other resale points, but all were bought pre-restrictions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!