Dis Exclusive July Backstage Magic Adventure 7/6-7/11 Sold Out

I still haven't looked at the pictures yet! Kev said there were a lot of good ones but I've been frantically trying to back up what I already have in my laptop before dropping that bomb of photos! Lol! Btw, I think I'm at 8 posts now..

It's not a huge amount of photos, Glenda. You can click on your favorites and just download those. I think I chose around 150 or less.

Well, that's good to know! I hope they figure out what happened to the missing photos. Kev noticed right away that his "bootylicious" photo was not there... I told him it was probably deemed "inappropriate" by the Disney corporation... Lol!

Well, that's good to know! I hope they figure out what happened to the missing photos. Kev noticed right away that his "bootylicious" photo was not there... I told him it was probably deemed "inappropriate" by the Disney corporation... Lol!

Alyssa got back to me this morning and said "Once we send off the flash drive with the archive of the photos for Disney’s Photopass Imaging to upload, we are not allowed to save them nor do we have the space on our work laptops."

Last year, ABD contacted the guides about some of them and more appeared, which is why I asked them, but this time the photos have all been sent on to ABD.

I e-mailed the ABD address I contacted last year when some were missing yesterday afternoon. Haven't heard anything, so I may also call ABD. I'm hoping they weren't all deleted.

Might help if others mentioned something, too, to ABD.......

ETA: I called ABD and spoke to the Guest Services Supervisor. He stated it's quite possible the staff who uploaded the photos may have neglected to upload some of the files from the flash drive the guides sent. He recommended e-mailing abd.guest.communications@adventuresbydisney.com to request that they check the flash drive for the missing files. I did this but others might want to also email them. I don't know if it's acceptable for me to post that e-mail address, so it might get deleted if it's not allowed here. If it does get deleted, PM me. He said the other address I e-mailed yesterday wouldn't get directly to the department.

Only if there are free samples to be had! Oooh, or what if the tour let you make your own Mickey head caramel apple or some other Disney-specific treat? (Personally, I'd love to make a Tigger Tail.)

-- Dave

I brought home two Olafs for the kids and Mickey pants ... I could totally go for some Mickey pants right now.

But that one was also in the slideshow, I believe.

I'll definitely write to ABD as I'm curious whatever happened to those pictures.

But that one was also in the slideshow, I believe.

I'll definitely write to ABD as I'm curious whatever happened to those pictures.

The e-mail address is in my post above (now on the previous page). This happened the last time, too.
The supervisor told me they probably neglected to upload some of the files and he said they're organized into files, probably for locations, etc. He said, since it's so recent, they should still have the flash drive. I still haven't heard anything. I'm more upset about the one that was deleted at Tam O'Shanter, but I'm sure I'll never see that.

Received a reply from ABD today. They are looking into the missing photos. Hopefully, will hear soon as to whether they have found them!

Received a reply from ABD today. They are looking into the missing photos. Hopefully, will hear soon as to whether they have found them!

Though, I received the reply from ABD earlier that they were looking into the missing photos, I got an e-mail tonight directly from our 2 guides (not ABD) saying..."It seems that there was a glitch in the program we use to archive the photos from our computers to the flash drive that we send to Disney’s Photo Imaging where it left a section of the images un-archived."

So, the missing photos are apparently now deleted and gone.......:( Just wish ABD could or would correct this since I lost a few last year, too.

If you have any questions or comments, I would suggest sending them to ABD, so they can fix their program.

Oh no! I'm getting ready to upload our ABD photos right now. Wonder how many I will realize are missing...

Oh no! I'm getting ready to upload our ABD photos right now. Wonder how many I will realize are missing...

It was the very first group of photos taken with the props before the welcome dinner. I don't know if any were taken during the welcome dinner.

I know a couple of mine from the wax museum and one from Tam O'Shanter are missing, but I don't know if those were deleted because the guides didn't feel the quality was good enough or if they were part of the ones that weren't archived. They are also instructed to delete photos if they are not good quality images, like if they're over or under exposed, or out of focus, etc.

I would suggest mentioning your concerns to ABD so they correct their photo archive software.

Drat! I did so want to see my picture wearing the red feather boa.....

I'm hijacking our thread. Do any of you have recommendations on hotels in Vancouver (BC) prior to a Disney Alaska cruise?

We'll be taking the cruise with my brother and SIL. I don't know if I should focus on two hotel rooms, or a 2 bedroom suite. I've found the latter at Landis Hotel & Suites and Times Square Suites. Landis works out to just over $150 (CD) per couple per night. Times Square is a little higher.

Is there a benefit to being closer to Stanley Park or to Granville Island?

I'd appreciate any help you can provide. I plan to post on the Cruise board as well.

It's been a month since our journey together began. I miss our group.

Kathy

I'm hijacking our thread. Do any of you have recommendations on hotels in Vancouver (BC) prior to a Disney Alaska cruise?

We'll be taking the cruise with my brother and SIL. I don't know if I should focus on two hotel rooms, or a 2 bedroom suite. I've found the latter at Landis Hotel & Suites and Times Square Suites. Landis works out to just over $150 (CD) per couple per night. Times Square is a little higher.

Is there a benefit to being closer to Stanley Park or to Granville Island?

I'd appreciate any help you can provide. I plan to post on the Cruise board as well.

It's been a month since our journey together began. I miss our group.

Kathy

When we did the Alaska Cruise with my parents in August 2013 we stayed at the Westin Bayshore. It was less than a 10 minute drive to the port and they had queen beds. Quite a few of the hotels in Vancouver seemed to have mainly full/double beds. I didn't look into suites as we needed 2 separate rooms. Hope that helps.

Though, I received the reply from ABD earlier that they were looking into the missing photos, I got an e-mail tonight directly from our 2 guides (not ABD) saying..."It seems that there was a glitch in the program we use to archive the photos from our computers to the flash drive that we send to Disney’s Photo Imaging where it left a section of the images un-archived."

So, the missing photos are apparently now deleted and gone.......:( Just wish ABD could or would correct this since I lost a few last year, too.

If you have any questions or comments, I would suggest sending them to ABD, so they can fix their program.

That makes me so sad. I was looking forward to the welcome dinner photos!

That makes me so sad. I was looking forward to the welcome dinner photos!

I know! I also got an apology from the Executive Guest Correspondent for ADB today. He said he wanted to reiterate their sincere apologies and assurance that my concerns and "those who traveled with" me were indeed taken seriously and carefully considered. He apologized for the disappointment. I thanked them for the apology but said I really wanted to know that they are working to correct the problem, so that's when I got the response from this guy.

I still think they should hear from other people.

When we did the Alaska Cruise with my parents in August 2013 we stayed at the Westin Bayshore. It was less than a 10 minute drive to the port and they had queen beds. Quite a few of the hotels in Vancouver seemed to have mainly full/double beds. I didn't look into suites as we needed 2 separate rooms. Hope that helps.

Thanks! I'll check it out.

Kathy

Lemon raspberry coffee cake update: According to the hostess at Storytellers Cafe, the coffee cake is made at the DLR central bakery, so they did not have the recipe readily available. However after she consulted with the chef she said it would be no problem to e-mail me the recipe. So I gave her my e-mail address, and we'll see what happens. I'll let you all know if I hear anything!

Any updates on the Lemon Raspberry Coffee Cake recipe?!? We are out of town but I will post some purse pics when we get home!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!