DIS Fit 2020: New Hopes and Goals

I googled foil wrapped chicken and this one sounds really nice. It has potatoes, chicken, cheese and bacon. If you are unsure whether you would like it you could always make it in the oven as they give instructions for both a BBQ and an oven.
https://www.spendwithpennies.com/barbecue-chicken-foil-packets/Here is an Italian version.
https://www.chelseasmessyapron.com/foil-pack-italian-chicken-and-veggies/Just a few ideas for you. Google is a wonderful friend. My Sister made us foil wrapped chicken one craft day when it was her turn to cook. She got them all ready to go at home and just put them in the oven when it time. She could still work on her craft because the chicken just cooked itself in the oven. Easy peasy.

So what's your favorite celebration?
Mine is by far Christmas.
I have been down in the dumps because I just know I can not have everyone over here this year.

So my sister in law and brother have said they will host a
* Christmas Backyard Bonfire * get together this year.
Each family brings their own supplies.

Any suggestions to make this more festive?

So far I have
Java logs for the fire pit
Mystical magic colored fire packs
color coded fire sticks (good buy on Amazon).
Sparklers
Marshmallows & hot chocolate,,,

What could I tin foil wrap for my family and put on a BBQ?
requiring no condiments

I was thinking of lawn decorations ????

Hugs
Mel

I don't have any foil-wrapped suggestions, but I do really like that you're thinking creatively about spending holidays together!

So what's your favorite celebration?

Oh my favourite celebration has to be Christmas with Halloween and Canada Day after that. Actually I love most celebrations and I have the decorations to prove it. I now change out the drapes on my bay window depending on the season. I am just waiting for October so I can put up the Halloween Curtain.
I also have a National Day Calendar and we check out the food days and sometimes have that food on its day. Some of the National Days are dumb so we don't celebrate them.
I too am trying to figure out how we are going to celebrate this year. Depending on how it goes I may put the big leaf in my dining room table and have more space between each person at the table. I will have my Mother and Sister over and make my nephew and his girlfriend sit at the kids table in the kitchen. They live with me so are part of my bubble but my Mom and Sister are not in my big bubble (yet) as my nephews girlfriend works at Costco and is worried about giving something to my Mother who is 88 this year.

Depending on where everyone lives in this country you don't have to get together really close to Christmas. A Christmas get together is good anytime in December in my books.

One of my favourite meals is what I call mixed grill. Chicken, summer sausage and potatoes. You could pre cook everything and just warm them on the BBQ. Or more along a Christmas theme. Tourtiere. Pre cooked bring it warm. Keep it warm on the BBQ. Costco has a family sized Tourtiere to keep things easy. Serve with simple veggies or a salad.

So back in August I looked for a treadmill. I ended up ordering this from Best Buy, only it was $1,090 - not $1,800.

https://www.bestbuy.ca/en-ca/product/horizon-t202-folding-treadmill/14320096
I was told it would be delivered September 24th. Then I received an e-mail on September 22nd advising it was not arriving at their warehouse on time and would be delivered October 1st. Yesterday I never received a confirmation for my 3 hour delivery window. I phoned and was told anytime between 10-4 pm. Hmm... So I phoned again this morning at 8 AM and was advised it arrived damaged and was sent back to the manufacturer. They don't know when the new one will arrive.

Personally, I do not think it will ever arrive. I believe Best Buy will cancel my order. Every single treadmill Best Buy has listed on their website (sold by Best Buy only) is sold out. The cynical part of me believes they decided to sell mine to someone else as the price has drastically increased.

Canadian Tire's cheapest is now about $1,800. Some place called "thefitnessfactory" in Oshawa is selling their cheapest for $2,999.

Walmart has 2 possible ones left I'll have to investigate tomorrow but they seem too cheap, you know?
https://www.walmart.ca/en/ip/everlast-t500-folding-treadmill/6000200192317https://www.walmart.ca/en/ip/sunny-...art-treadmill-with-auto-incline/6000196993303
Where else can I get a treadmill from? SportChek and The Bay don't sell them.

Huh... I just googled Horizon Canada and it looks like the manufacturer sells their treadmills direct, with free shipping. The price? $1,099. More in line with what I paid at Best Buy. Best Buy really jacked up their prices which makes me believe my scenario more. Of course there is no stock left.

Looks like no treadmill for us this winter.

TSC.ca often has treadmills, best when it is the "showstopper" but they do sometimes have good offers

Just checking in. I had a short (20 minute) walk this morning since it's going to rain later on. I don't know why but my joints are really painful this last week. Even when I'm lying in bed. I've been doing strength training every other day. Hopefully I can strengthen my muscles to support my joints. Need to get strong for my next Disney trip, whenever that is.

Just checking in. I had a short (20 minute) walk this morning since it's going to rain later on. I don't know why but my joints are really painful this last week. Even when I'm lying in bed. I've been doing strength training every other day. Hopefully I can strengthen my muscles to support my joints. Need to get strong for my next Disney trip, whenever that is.
I firmly believe all those old people who, when I was young, would say, "It's going to rain" or "It's going to be cold and damp" knew what they were talking about. My knees hurt a LOT this week. I have to remember to take some pain killers before bed, and partway during the day to ease the discomfort. Take care of yourself!

Hey, a bright side to today for me! I just received an automated call from Best Buy telling me they are delivering my treadmill tomorrow. I honestly thought my order was going to be cancelled.

The downside to today is my poor husband went from a starting a headache last night to a full blown migraine this morning. It's a bad one for him that's kept in him bed all morning (and still) with him running to the bathroom to throw up.. Ugh. Very sensitive to light which means all our window coverings are closed today. If he's not feeling better in a few hours, I can't see him going to work tomorrow either. He gets these 2 or 3 times a year, usually when the seasons change.

Yay! on the treadmill. Are they going to set it up for you? :( on the DH feeling so bad. I can totally relate to the migraine thing.

Got my flu shot today so that is a step in the right direction.

Yay! on the treadmill. Are they going to set it up for you? :( on the DH feeling so bad. I can totally relate to the migraine thing.

Got my flu shot today so that is a step in the right direction.

No. Setting it up was not something I thought of ahead of time. I wish I had. I'm hoping for some extra cash he/they will bring the boxes downstairs though.

That's good because those things are heavy. Wait until DH feels better, it can take a while to put it together (depending on your model)

You've got that right! Damn, the main box is heavy. Nope. Nothing doing. The delivery men flat out refused to bring it downstairs. Ugh. The box is shoved aside out-of-the-way (as much as possible) until DH feels better and we can get someone to help bring it downstairs.

I think it took 2 or 3 of them to get it down there. At least you have gravity working with you (going downstairs). The beast I have in my basement isn't coming back out (or so I've been told).

You've got that right! Damn, the main box is heavy. Nope. Nothing doing. The delivery men flat out refused to bring it downstairs. Ugh. The box is shoved aside out-of-the-way (as much as possible) until DH feels better and we can get someone to help bring it downstairs.
Been there done that (not with a treadmill though). Our item got loaded into the truck at the store and we took it inside piece by piece as it was way too heavy to carry in in the box. You could see if you guys can move it down piece by piece.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter