DIS Fit 2020: New Hopes and Goals

It was one of those full size family chocolate bars
Dairy Milk Fruit & Nut
Thank God for
1604238468275.png
I have to remember that I do not have a gallbladder anymore.
Hugs
Mel

I hear you. Everything in moderation. Getting older sucks. Sometimes I forget I am the age I am and think I can eat what I did when I was in my teens. Nope. Pay for it everytime.

I've never been a chocolate kind of person, wasn't uncommon for me to work on a bar for WEEKS, I actually swapped some of my candy for those halloween kisses that most people find disgusting, and don't think i can ever recall craving it. HOWEVER, I still have very few safe foods in my diet and i found a chocolate bar that's able to tick several of my "must" boxes and dang, I'm eating a LOT of those lately
🍫

• Made in Canada -yup, in Quebec
  • Certified gluten free so i can avoid oats (YES, they can contain gluten from cross contamination in the fields!!)
  • Certified Organic so the sugar is safe (YES, that's a thing as well, sigh)-Yup, the factory is even inspected to be sure cleaning supplies are safe for me!
  • Fair Trade so I know the people who grow and harvest the cocoa beans are making a fair & equal living
  • No added ingredients that don't belong in my food - all the gums, preservatives etc YUP the ones I love have only 3 or 4 ingredient, PERIOD!
The two I'm able to eat are 70% dark chocolate - organic cocoa mass, organic cane sugar, organic cocoa butter
And my FAVOURITE, unfortunately only comes in a teeny-tiny stick that costs about $3.00 😱
60% Dark Chocolate with Himalayan Salt
organic Cocoa mass, organic Cane sugar, organic Cocoa butter, Himalaya salt

Okay, so I've been thinking sensibly until now, staying safe, masking, distancing, not going anywhere but grocery store. Then, whammo, pin code in the email. Just booked the first week of May at CSR with 30% off. Let's hope the vaccine works out and I can actually go. I'm hoping to retire April 30, 2021 and was feeling down that I wouldn't have a retirement trip. I feel more positive today. It's room only, so I can cancel up to 5 days ahead, according to the fine print. I know, I know, but its helping me for now.

I had thought maybe an April trip, but news of the vaccine has me thinking maybe fall instead. Hopefully by then things will have settled and people will be getting immunized. But we'll see as things go. I do have that PIN as well, and it's good to book with until mid-March. Time to think on options. April was looking nice for the chance of direct flights, any other time we'll have to fly from Toronto or Montreal I think.

Either way, I need to get back on track, I'm sure I have gained back what I lost over the summer. I bought a bunch of veggies and fruit yesterday, lean meats and no chips! Gotta get moving again and eating better.

How's everyone doing out there? Anyone feeling positive about the promising results of the vaccine trials? Hopefully it all works out the way we hope and we can start to get a win against COVID in early spring. Haven't lost any weight, but I'm still walking and trying to increase my steps with each walk. I've been lazy about my strengthening exercises though. I'm committed to starting those again today. I hope everyone is well and dealing with the new restrictions okay. It's tough, but it's worth doing.

I started walking again this week. Ran into someone I haven't seen in months and he asked how my dog was doing. I had to tell him she died the beginning of June. This was part of the reason I stopped walking outside. Too many questions from well intentioned people about my missing dog.

There can't be anyone left in the neighbourhood who doesn't know at this point. Throws me for a loop each time it happens.

Need to put my big girl panties on and keep walking.

I started walking again this week. Ran into someone I haven't seen in months and he asked how my dog was doing. I had to tell him she died the beginning of June. This was part of the reason I stopped walking outside. Too many questions from well intentioned people about my missing dog.

There can't be anyone left in the neighbourhood who doesn't know at this point. Throws me for a loop each time it happens.

i’m sorry. that really is a tough situation. i hope that word spreads and no one asks you again.

You can do it! ((hugs)) on the loss of your dog.

I feel your pain. For a long time after my dog died, I would have to take a minute to compose myself every time someone asked me about him. I still tear up now and then thinking of him. 7 years later I still haven't been able to welcome another dog into my life. I take care of the other dogs in the family though, when they go on vacation. I get a little dog love, and they get the comfort of knowing their furry friend is staying with someone who loves them. Hugs.

Oh I’m sorry to hear that. We have two dogs and they are family to us. I‘m sure that must be hurtful to be reminded every time you walk . Maybe try a brand new route for awhile?

Day #1 of stay home
Let's get some exercise and
*Build a snowman*!!

Hugs
Mel
8NLGWsm.jpg

I had to shovel today. Well, the plough left a big pile of boulders at the end of my driveway so I needed to clear that up in case I need to get out, but oh it was heavy! I have some kind of tendonitis in my right arm from the computer and it was painful to shovel, going to be a long winter I guess!

I forgot how much I have to cook when I do keto... but it feels better so I'm trying to stick to it! Only been a week so far but my stomach has been a lot happier. And I've even avoided the nachos, cheesies and doritos I have to buy for kiddo. I currently have some peanut butter flaxseed cookies in the oven, fingers crossed they turn out! And I don't eat them all at once :o

Kiddo's birthday is in a week and he wants Swiss Chalet, which is fairly easy to keep keto. He wants ice cream with sprinkles instead of cake, so that'll be easy to give him as well, with a candle to blow out of course. No big party this year, much less stress for me!

I will allow myself whatever I want on Christmas day, that will include hashbrowns for breakfast and probably mashed potatoes or stuffing with dinner. I am sure it will make me feel terrible but I will enjoy it nonetheless.

What a day today. My son worked until midnight last night so he & I didn't climb into bed until almost 12:30 AM, and then of course I couldn't sleep. I was tired enough but could only doze on and off until 6:30 AM. I thought I would have a quiet day. First shift, come home with groceries, help my Dad then relax by 11 AM.

Uh huh. A friend phones to say she thinks she broke her foot and could I take her to the hospital. She hadn't jogged at all this year and really wanted to relieve some stress. Well... turns out she now has a stress facture in her foot. Then my daughter tells me her iPhone has been hacked. Looks like it it has... I have to research that issue and see how to fix it. Her calendar is giving her all kinds of weird messages and stuff. Then my son comes home and says they were notified a teacher in his HS tested positive and to look for an e-mail from the school. Oh vey, what a day!

I'm off to put dinner and the oven and research hacked phone issues.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!