Dis Old Fogies Clubhouse – Six of One, Half Dozen of the Other. Makes No Difference!

Hello Fogies.

Can you believe it's nearly the end of January?....
....and you know what THAT means....

ygft8.jpg

I've never been so pleased to see the back of a year as 2017. Here's hoping 2018 turns out to be gentler and kinder on all of us.

Work project has been officially canned. I've only been calling it out for 3 months and have used every stall tactic in my book. It was verbally acknowledged that it was a dud project but no one was "brave" enough to officially can it until after Christmas. Thank goodness someone had the .... er.... sense to do so.

I've told them I have intentions of finishing up when this current contract runs out. That's the end of March.
But they seem reluctant to let me go and have waved a very tempting cool technology project in front of me. It would be great to be learning about that technology but I might just see how the funding situation goes over Feb. I'm still inclined to move on but if the money drops, I might well stay. :)

8 years before I can officially access the equivalent of the Aussie 401K at the low/no tax rate!

No wonder you where happy to see the end of 2017. That's a tough decision PIO, good luck. I can understand wanting to move on as I'm so ready myself these days. One more month for me and I'm free as a bird. I still have days I wonder if I'm crazy retiring this early, but I think quality of life will make up for it.

No wonder you where happy to see the end of 2017. That's a tough decision PIO, good luck. I can understand wanting to move on as I'm so ready myself these days. One more month for me and I'm free as a bird. I still have days I wonder if I'm crazy retiring this early, but I think quality of life will make up for it.

I took 6 weeks off over the Christmas break just to regain some sanity. It was crazy busy last year and I needed some time to myself. I can totally see quality of life being much more important than money.....but.......I did spend a bit of cash over the 6 weeks. Having all that time on my hands was not good where the bank account was concerned. LOL

Well done for making the decision to retire. Just enjoy life!

That's one of my fears as I'm really good at spending and setting up too many travel plans. I'm giving myself a year before I decide if I want to do something else for a while. Maybe some bookkeeping accounts, who knows, I'll cross that bridge when I get there. My DH doesn't like how I am since I've changed positions a few years ago (work/life balance is out of whack) and I want to make sure we have some good years to enjoy life while we're both feeling good. Heading into work over this weekend to try and make some progress on the workload.

That's one of my fears as I'm really good at spending and setting up too many travel plans. I'm giving myself a year before I decide if I want to do something else for a while. Maybe some bookkeeping accounts, who knows, I'll cross that bridge when I get there. My DH doesn't like how I am since I've changed positions a few years ago (work/life balance is out of whack) and I want to make sure we have some good years to enjoy life while we're both feeling good. Heading into work over this weekend to try and make some progress on the workload.

Your DH is probably right. I think work/life balance is completely out of whack everywhere. And life is too short to only spend it on working.
Here's hoping you got the work done to ease out the balance during the working week.

My client is still trying to find ways to make me stay. I haven't officially pulled the pin yet.....no point burning bridges right now. We'll see how it goes at the end of the month.

If you haven't seen it already on Facebook, I have a tooth with a dead nerve, it has a crown that was put on many years ago and now they think they need to go in and remove the nerve, so procedure is a week from today. It's hurting more and more every day, and I've started taking Fran's pain meds. They are making me very fuzzy and I just woke up from a few hours of a nap.

I'd like to get Fran to have more of a balance of leisure time. Everytime we go somewhere she complains that she should be working. Really puts a damper on things!

Sorry, Alison, toothaches are no fun, but it will feel better after the root canal. The person I go to makes it painless.

I'm still putting in long days and weekends at work. I'm starting to feel cross-eyed and everything is blurry. I just keep telling myself on a few more weeks.

Hey Fogies! How is everyone? Sick fogie here......I was out of town for a week and two days after getting home I promptly got sick (despite my best and repeated attempts to keep the germs at bay). I've missed being able to work this week but I"m hoping I can apply some sick time so my next paycheck isn't totally miserable....

Oh and my youngest got his driver's license yesterday.... :car:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter