Discounts for POR or YC in August?

idors8

Earning My Ears
Hi!

First of all I would like to thank these boards for such great advice and help. I have been a lurker for a few months now, and planned a trip with your expertise and tips, to the Yacht Club for a wonderful 15th anniversary trip for DH and me in Nov/ Dec 2001. Previous to finding your wonderful boards, we , (DH, DS And me), stayed at Dixie Landings in Aug. 2000 and payed Full Price(Gasp!) for everything.

Now, it looks like we might be going in mid August and I really would like to know if there are any discounts, specifically for POR and YC. The only ones that I have seen so far are the codes that start on 8/25 and I really wanted to go before that. I also received a Disney postcard with a discount code and the travel dates are for 6/23-8/24 but it is only for the AKL. Will that code cover other resorts as well, even though it only says AKL on it?

Thanks in advance for your help! :)

Originally posted by idors8
Hi!
Now, it looks like we might be going in mid August and I really would like to know if there are any discounts, specifically for POR and YC. The only ones that I have seen so far are the codes that start on 8/25 and I really wanted to go before that. I also received a Disney postcard with a discount code and the travel dates are for 6/23-8/24 but it is only for the AKL. Will that code cover other resorts as well, even though it only says AKL on it?

Thanks in advance for your help! :)

Hi idors8,

I believe that the discount codes that were good through 08/24 have already expired. Checkout Mousesavers.com for the latest on discounts.

If you were lucky enought to get a postcard I would give them a call and ask if the rate they are offering can be used at another resort besides the AKL.

We loved the AKL on our two trips there in 2001. Why not consider staying there?

Either way hope you end up going and hope you have a great trip no matter where you end up staying.

Well, I just spoke to a very nice lady in reservations, and she was able to offer me a discounted rate from my postcard for the YC for $189 plus tax per night for 8/21 - 8/28. The postcard I received only mentioned the AKL for a discount, but the lady said I could also apply it to the YC. I paid about the same price when we went in Nov. so I am one happy camper.

NowI just have to convince DH and DS that this is where we have to spend our vacation! We weren't supposed to have one this summer, and as soon as I heard we can go, I started making plans to come back to my favorite place! My DS, who is 15 wants to go somewhere new. I don't get it! If I was 15 and my parents suggested a week in Disneyworld in a deluxe hotel, I would have jumped at it.

Well, wish me luck in convincing the troops and thanks for your help.

I am glad you got a good rate at the YC. I also wish you luck on convincing your husband and son that going to WDW is a good thing.;)

Yeah! We are going! It wasn't too hard to convince DH and DS that we just have to go! I reminded them of the warm fuzzy feeling one gets upon passing through the WDW gates, and doesn't leave you until you drive through them on your way out. No, it's NOT from an alcoholic beverage, it's that Disney magic working on you. My son wasn't buying it, but once I got my husband on my side it was all over. Too bad!

Just reserved the airline and we are set to go! (Well, almost).

One quick question, how do you set up one of those countdown timers? I really want one now. Thanks!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter