Discovery Cove - General Information

Does Discovery Cove have to be the first day before utilizing the tickets for Sea Wold and Aquatica?

Does Discovery Cove have to be the first day before utilizing the tickets for Sea Wold and Aquatica?

Per the Discovery Cove website -

Your reservation includes a 14-day pass to SeaWorld and Aquatica, SeaWorld's Waterpark™ in Orlando (if you have the Ultimate package which includes Busch Gardens Tampa), you must use it consecutively with your visit to Discovery Cove, either before, after, or a combination of both. Your personalized ID card will serve as your ticket if you decide to visit your selected sister park(s) after your reservation date.

However, if you plan on visiting SeaWorld, Aquatica, SeaWorld's Waterpark™, or Busch Gardens prior to your Discovery Cove adventure, simply present your confirmation letter and photo ID for each party member 18 years or older at their Guest Relations/Services window located at the front gate. At Aquatica, SeaWorld's Waterpark™, the process is the same should you visit there prior to Discovery Cove, however, the entry is located at the Big Kahuna Entrance just to the left of the turnstiles.

Per the Discovery Cove website -

Your reservation includes a 14-day pass to SeaWorld and Aquatica, SeaWorld's Waterpark™ in Orlando (if you have the Ultimate package which includes Busch Gardens Tampa), you must use it consecutively with your visit to Discovery Cove, either before, after, or a combination of both. Your personalized ID card will serve as your ticket if you decide to visit your selected sister park(s) after your reservation date.

However, if you plan on visiting SeaWorld, Aquatica, SeaWorld's Waterpark™, or Busch Gardens prior to your Discovery Cove adventure, simply present your confirmation letter and photo ID for each party member 18 years or older at their Guest Relations/Services window located at the front gate. At Aquatica, SeaWorld's Waterpark™, the process is the same should you visit there prior to Discovery Cove, however, the entry is located at the Big Kahuna Entrance just to the left of the turnstiles.

You will be given a paper 14 day pass if you go to the parks prior to DC. Once you go to Dc you get the photo ID and can toss the paper ones.

Well, it's my turn to experience DC in the winter. :) Have booked with various family members for trips mid Jan & Feb.

It will be warmer than Pittsburgh I'm sure but have a feeling it'll be a different experience than our usual visits when it's hot.

Normally, we are there shortly after 7 am to grab a 10:30 - 11 am dolphin swim. Thinking next week, since with my adult DS who will appreciate not waking up any earlier than necessary, we might just sleep in a bit and arrive around 8 - 8:30 am.

Anyone know how late they tend to schedule the swims? Was thinking that it might warm up just a bit more later in the day.

Normally do a vest or half wet suit. Wondering if they have full ones?

Can't recall if a pic was included in the price last visit. If not is there an ala carte option vs the larger packages. I favored key chains & the CD, not sure if that is still an option or not.

If you're just doing the day pass and no extras do you need to be there at 7am or can you show up anytime like say 10am.

If you're just doing the day pass and no extras do you need to be there at 7am or can you show up anytime like say 10am.

Anytime but earlier the better to stay out a spot to set up camp. Not sure what time breakfast service cuts off, might want to check.

Presently working on verifying of any cost changes that are listed in this excellent post by mjhtvchick

Trying to list current 2018 fees in order to help all readers with their cost plannings

Does anyone know what craft beers are included in the upgraded drink package?

It seems like the beers change somewhat frequently, probably seasonally. Last time I knew they were Key West Ale, Angry Orchard, and Heineken.

Presently working on verifying of any cost changes that are listed in this excellent post by mjhtvchick

Trying to list current 2018 fees in order to help all readers with their cost plannings

Thanks @macraven ! The last time I checked the prices (late last year) they were all still accurate but it looks like they have done some tweaking recently. I will edit the main post accordingly over the next day or two! :)

Does the Discovery Photo package ($229) cover everyone in your party? We are going to be a party of 3 and hopefully we'll be able to do the Dolphin Swim at the same time.

Thanks in advance!

Does the Discovery Photo package ($229) cover everyone in your party? We are going to be a party of 3 and hopefully we'll be able to do the Dolphin Swim at the same time.

Thanks in advance!

I believe if you booked your tickets together and you arrive together, then you will all be in one group.

Anyone know how late they tend to schedule the swims? Was thinking that it might warm up just a bit more later in the day.

Normally do a vest or half wet suit. Wondering if they have full ones?

Can't recall if a pic was included in the price last visit. If not is there an ala carte option vs the larger packages. I favored key chains & the CD, not sure if that is still an option or not.

It varies based on attendance, but this time of year the last swim of the day is usually around 1:30 or 2:30.

They do have full wetsuits, you just have to ask the attendant.

They don't have the photo keychains anymore, but for about the same price you can get the CD and a ceramic mug.

Thanks in advance!

Yes, it covers everyone in your party. Like someone else said, if you booked together you will automatically be in the same group. If you did not book together, you can ask at check in and they will try to accommodate you. I wanted to add that if you split up at different parts of the day and run into random photographers they have around the park, you can make sure all those misc pictures end up on the cd. :)

It varies based on attendance, but this time of year the last swim of the day is usually around 1:30 or 2:30.

They do have full wetsuits, you just have to ask the attendant.

They don't have the photo keychains anymore, but for about the same price you can get the CD and a ceramic mug.

Was there on Valentine’s Day, the key chains are back, but look different. Smaller, rectangular. Will try to remember to snap a pic & post.

We went with an 11 am, had on full wet suit as it was cloudy. Once sun came out switched over to vests/half suits.

Got to see both sloths at various times, 3 different times during the day! Very cool

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!