discovery cove question about food

serenitygr

2021: trip number six to the Fort!!
Can anyone tell me what to expect pertaining to meals at Discovery cove? We are going in early November. I have 4 teenagers that love to eat, and I know food is included but have no idea exactly what that means

Any other advice is welcome also! We are super excited!

You can have a look at the Discovery Cove sticky (https://www.disboards.com/threads/discovery-cove-general-information.3587710/) for more park information but basically, as far as food is concerned

Both breakfast and lunch are included and served “cafeteria style” at Laguna Grill
Breakfast is available from 7:15 - 10:30 am
Lunch is available from 11:00 am - 3:00 pm

Breakfast options include:
  • Freshly prepared Hot Breakfast (scrambled eggs, bacon, sausage, hash browns, etc.)
  • Yogurt
  • Fresh Fruit
  • Assorted Pastries

Lunch entrees include:
  • Bacon Beach Burger
  • Sweet Hawaiian Chicken - served over a bed of fried rice
  • Sustainable Fish Selection
  • BBQ Pulled Pork Sandwich - served with French Fries and Corn Cobbette
  • Seaside Club Sandwich (Ham, Turkey, Cheese, Lettuce, Tomato and Red Onion on fresh baked bread)
  • Tropical Summer Cobb Salad (Fresh greens tossed with Feta Cheese, Cranberry, Red Onion, Orange Segments, Lo Mein Noodles and Honey Mustard dressing with your choice of Crispy or Grilled Chicken)
  • Chicken Tenders - served with choice of French Fries or Corn Cobbette
  • Island Hot Dog - served with French Fries
  • Homemade Macaroni & Cheese
  • Penne Pasta - choice of Cheesy Alfredo or Marinara with meatballs

Lunch sides include:
  • Fruit Cup
  • Salad
  • Rice
  • Steamed Vegetables
  • French Fries
  • Macaroni & Cheese

Lunch Desserts
  • Chocolate Chip Cake
  • Cherry Cheesecake
  • Carrot Cake
  • Tropical Cake
  • Fresh Fruit
  • Assorted Pastries

A variety of snacks and beverages are also available at a number of locations throughout the park all day including:

• Assorted Chips
  • Fresh Warm Soft Pretzels
  • Sugar-Free Cookies
  • Whole Fresh Fruit
  • Assorted Snow Icee
  • Non-Alcoholic Beverages
  • Assorted Coke Products
  • Bottled Water
  • Hot Chocolate
  • Coffee
  • Alcoholic Beverages (availability is subject to change) - available to guests over 21 years of age with proper ID (This will be verified when you check in and indicated on a lanyard that you are required to wear throughout the park.)
    • Island Sunrise-Mango and Rum frozen daiquiri
    • Alada Colada-Pina Colada frozen daiquiri
    • Red and White wines
    • Anheuser-Busch Products
An "Upgraded Drink Package" is also available for and additional $30 per person. This package includes
  • "park exclusive" Discovery Cove Sunset (a frozen tropical mix of coconut juice, pineapple juice, orange juice, Fanta Orange Soda and Creme de Menthe topped with rum)
  • Sangria
  • Rum Punch
  • Mojito
  • Cuba Libre
  • Margarita
  • a selection of local craft beers
  • a selection of upgraded wines

This is great! Thank you :) are you allowed to get lunch just once during that time frame, or could they have a hot dog at 11 and a burger at 2, for example?

The lunch menu implies that you pick a meal, but really it is cafeteria style and you just tell them which foods you would like (ie, pick whichever entrees, sides, and desserts you want, and they load your tray up).

The snacks are available throughout the park all day, and many are prepackaged (chips, peanuts, rice crispy treats) so you can even take a few home.

This is great! Thank you :) are you allowed to get lunch just once during that time frame, or could they have a hot dog at 11 and a burger at 2, for example?

The last time I went there were no "controls" in place - i.e. the don't scan anything when you get your food, so, I don't think there is any reason that they couldn't return several times throughout that timeframe.

Been about 6 times and always could eat and drink as much as we wanted. And for the prices they charge .......... what's an extra hot dog.

Once you're in the park, you can just walk up and do / eat whatever floats your boat. Want a second or third lunch? Hop in line again! BTW, lunch was the only thing in the whole park with a line.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!