Discovery Cove, SeaWorld, and Disney…Oh My! A Whirlwind Mommy & Me to Three Generations PTR

Sea World's reservation system went live today, and while we are not going until September, I wanted to make sure I could get into the park on my days since I have so many tours scheduled. The system was super easy to use and took no time. I needed the ticket number and my email address. Reservations were added to the cart at $0.00 and then I checked out and got my confirmations. The only somewhat clunky part is you have to do one day at a time, check out, then go back in and do the next day. Still, a relatively painless process and now we are set.

I have been watching the Universal thread to see how that opening is going, and waiting on Disney to decide what they are going to do with our ParkHoppers. Still hoping that we can enjoy our time at Disney, but I have made a backup plan just in case!

Stay Well!

So goodness gracious things have changed since I planned this!

This was the original final plan:

Our plan now looks like this:

Friday, September 4, 2020 -K and I fly to Orlando late and check into the Hilton
Saturday, September 5, 2020 - K and I at SeaWorld
Sunday, September 6, 2020 - K and I at SeaWorld
Monday, September 7, 2020 - K and I at Discovery Cove
Tuesday, September 8, 2020 - K and I check out of the Hilton and transfer to AKL where we meet up with M, P, and Mom.
Wednesday, September 9, All of us at Disney
Thursday, September 10, All of us at Disney
Friday, September 11, All of us at Disney
Saturday, September 12, All of us return home Transfer to Cabana Bay Resort at Universal Studios
Sunday, September 13, Transfer to Port Canaveral and board the Harmony of the Seas
Monday, September 14, On Board - Perfect Day at CocoCay
Tuesday, September 15, On Board - Day at Sea
Wednesday, September 16, On Board - Cozumel, Mexico
Thursday, September 17, On Board - Roatan, Honduras
Friday, September 18, On Board - Costa Maya, Mexico
Saturday, September 19, On Board - Day at Sea
Sunday, September 20, All of us return home....really this time.

All of this is of course dependent on everything being somewhat back to normal in the world, but I am doing my part and I have faith!

Hope everyone is healthy and safe!

Well, since then, Royal Caribbean cancelled my Harmony of the Seas cruise, AKL Jambo will not be open by September, and SeaWorld changed the tour times.

It was a bit of a chaotic mess for a while, but I think *fingers crossed* that we have a final, albeit scaled down, plan.

Friday, September 4, 2020 -K and I fly to Orlando late and check into the Hilton -
Still happening, although Delta has changed my flights several times.
Saturday, September 5, 2020 - K and I at SeaWorld - We were supposed to have two tours, now down to one (Orcas) due to conflicting schedules
Sunday, September 6, 2020 - K and I at SeaWorld - Two tours and lunch at Sharks Grill on the schedule still
Monday, September 7, 2020 - K and I at Discovery Cove - Nothing changed here
Tuesday, September 8, 2020 - K and I check out of the Hilton and transfer to AKL where we meet up with M, P, and Mom. - Mom is not coming anymore, and we have been moved first to Beach Club, then to Yacht Club. So now it will be Me, K, M & P. Park reservation for Magic Kingdom for just Me and K, M&P's flight got moved to later, so they are using their ticket on Saturday after we leave. Dinner reservations at Trattoria al Forno
Wednesday, September 9, All of us at Disney - Park reservation for Hollywood Studios, Lunch reservation at Oga's Cantina, Dinner reservation at California Grill
Thursday, September 10, All of us at Disney - Park reservation at Epcot, planning on Food & Wine Festival for dining, but have a late reservation for Beaches & Cream
Friday, September 11, All of us at Disney - Park Reservation for Animal Kingdom, Late lunch reservation at Yak & Yeti, Ice Cream reservation at Beaches & Cream
Saturday, September 12, All of us return home Transfer to Cabana Bay Resort at Universal Studios - Breakfast reservation at Whispering Canyon Cafe, then K & I head to the airport, M&P have a reservation at Epcot for more Food & Wine, then they fly home late that evening.
Sunday, September 13, Transfer to Port Canaveral and board the Harmony of the Seas - All Cancelled
Monday, September 14, On Board - Perfect Day at CocoCay
Tuesday, September 15, On Board - Day at Sea
Wednesday, September 16, On Board - Cozumel, Mexico
Thursday, September 17, On Board - Roatan, Honduras
Friday, September 18, On Board - Costa Maya, Mexico
Saturday, September 19, On Board - Day at Sea

Sunday, September 20, All of us return home....really this time.

I have been watching all the videos I can find about what the park experience is like right now, so I am fairly certain my expectations are adjusted. At this point, we have had so many trips cancelled that really, we just want a break from our everyday. We did snag a long weekend at Universal at the end of June and felt fairly safe the entire time, none of us had any major problems wearing the masks all day, and we certainly enjoyed the reduced crowd levels at the parks.

While this is not the amazing trip I planned for all of us, we still feel like we will have a fantastic time. K still doesn't know that she & I are leaving early and she knows nothing about the SeaWorld part of the trip so I am really looking forward to sharing that with her.

Hopefully nothing else changes! Stay well everyone!

Hoping it all works out! K is a lucky little girl. Make sure to leave lots of time to pet the rays and interact with the Sea Lions!

Hello everyone! We are planning our 1st trip to Discovery Cove and SeaWorld. It will be a quick 2-3 days in November while traveling through Orlando. Would appreciate any tips on hotels (is it best to book a package), details on dining, and updates on crowds in the recent weeks. Is 1 day enough for SeaWorld? Thank u!

Hello everyone! We are planning our 1st trip to Discovery Cove and SeaWorld. It will be a quick 2-3 days in November while traveling through Orlando. Would appreciate any tips on hotels (is it best to book a package), details on dining, and updates on crowds in the recent weeks. Is 1 day enough for SeaWorld? Thank u!

Hi there...I apologize for not responding sooner, I have not been on the boards lately!

If you haven't already left, my opinion is that yes, one day should be enough for SeaWorld if that is all you have. You won't get to do all the tours, shows, and rides, but if you prioritize what is important to you, you will have plenty of time to hit most things. Hope you have a lovely trip!

Hi there...I apologize for not responding sooner, I have not been on the boards lately!

If you haven't already left, my opinion is that yes, one day should be enough for SeaWorld if that is all you have. You won't get to do all the tours, shows, and rides, but if you prioritize what is important to you, you will have plenty of time to hit most things. Hope you have a lovely trip!
Did you end up going in September? If so, how was your trip?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!