Disney’s Resort Massage & Fitness Spa Reviews

Yes I believe anyone booking a treatment can. It is "just" a manicure but at $45 it is a pricey manicure! I would confirm at booking but there are different manicures on each journey. I have the link to the brochure in my review, if you need it. So that means it is considered a treatment and you are a paying spa guests so of course!

Thank you! This is totally foreign to me. I love your review, so thanks so much for taking the time to write it. It's the most thorough I've read yet!

Do you happen to have any idea what the bath treatment is listed on the menu? I am not sure whether to go for the manicure or the bath treatment. $65 seems steep for 25 minutes!

I'm just not sure my mum would feel that 'relaxed' after a manicure. If only I had more money! ;)

Meg~ Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

Thank you! This is totally foreign to me. I love your review, so thanks so much for taking the time to write it. It's the most thorough I've read yet!

Do you happen to have any idea what the bath treatment is listed on the menu? I am not sure whether to go for the manicure or the bath treatment. $65 seems steep for 25 minutes!

I'm just not sure my mum would feel that 'relaxed' after a manicure. If only I had more money! ;)

Thank you! The bath treatments are nice, I have had them at other spas. they fill a bath with wonderful aromatherapy oils and usually will exfoliate you and give you time to relax. is it worth $65? probably not, but it is more of a "spa" experience then a mani for $45 which is very steep imo.I would say the bath is probably more relaxing but either would be a great way to experience the spa!

Anybody got an update on when the SS spa is re opening, can only find 'late summer' on the web site. Do we think August is a possibility?

Do we think the new SSR Senses Spa menu will be the same as the GF Senses Spa Menu? Anybody got a link to the new SSR Spa menu? I can only find the GF Spa links.

Do we think the new SSR Senses Spa menu will be the same as the GF Senses Spa Menu? Anybody got a link to the new SSR Spa menu? I can only find the GF Spa links.

Being in the UK, we can't access it. :( It is only available to those who can access the US website. A bit ridiculous and annoying really, since we can still make reservations!

The menu isn't the same- I started a thread asking for the SSR menu and a kind DIS'er copied the menu onto it. You can see it if you go to the list of threads I started (sorry- am on my phone and can't link).

Being in the UK, we can't access it. :( It is only available to those who can access the US website. A bit ridiculous and annoying really, since we can still make reservations!

The menu isn't the same- I started a thread asking for the SSR menu and a kind DIS'er copied the menu onto it. You can see it if you go to the list of threads I started (sorry- am on my phone and can't link).

Thanks For the info.

SSR Senses Spa opened today! Yay, less than 90 days and we'll be there for our treatments. SO excited about that part of our trip. The spa looks heavenly! Check out the Disney Blog!

http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/bl...-spa-at-disneys-saratoga-springs-opens-today/

Oh, and to the PP, the treatments are a little bit different that those at the GF. We had our treatments previously booked at GF, but switched them over. Prices are relatively the same though.

SSR Senses Spa opened today! Yay, less than 90 days and we'll be there for our treatments. SO excited about that part of our trip. The spa looks heavenly! Check out the Disney Blog!

http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2013/07/senses-a-disney-spa-at-disneys-saratoga-springs-opens-today/

Oh, and to the PP, the treatments are a little bit different that those at the GF. We had our treatments previously booked at GF, but switched them over. Prices are relatively the same though.

Thanks for posting.

1999-Swan, 2001- Grand Floridian, 2002-Yacht & Beach Club, 2003- Animal Kingdom Lodge,2004- Grand Floridian&Disney Cruise,2006- Off site, 2008- Dolphin, 2009-AKV Kidani, 2010-Saratoga Springs ,2011-AKV Kidani ,2012 - Port Orleans, DCL-Dream & Beach Club, 2013 - AKV Kidani

Senses at the GF

DD had the magical manicure and the princess pedicure, DW had the regular manicure. They really did get treated like royalty. DD8 was treated like a princess, all the staff made a huge deal of her visit , both were given a tour of the spa, all the staff curtseyed, DD was presented with a tiara in a bejewelled box, following a precession of 8 staff members who filled into the room to crow the princess of the spa. The staff made a huge effort and I can't praise them enough, I will send an email to Disney on our return home. Well done the GF spa ! It was a really special first visit for DD.

Hello everyone! Just recently returned from an amazing WDW vacation, and I wanted to give a little review of my spa treatment at Senses at the GF.

My aunt and I decided to try body treatments since we routinely get massages at home- she chose the Sweet Red Rose treatment and I chose the Citrus and Mint. Getting to the spa from the monorail stop was a little bit of a hike due to the GF villa construction. Instead of walking straight to it, we had to walk around the construction along the water in the hot sun. But when we arrived, it was well worth it!

The spa itself is beautiful and serene. We checked in and paid, which I liked doing ahead of time. Then it was time for our journeys to begin! We each got to try the elixir that matched our 'journey'- mine was mango and my aunts was strawberry. We were able to try the other ones too, because I asked :)

We were shown to our locker and we changed into our comfy robe and cute sandals. As we relaxed in the women's lounge, we drank cucumber basil water and ate carrot zucchini muffins (yum!!). We even tried the heated tile loungers- they were heaven!!!

Our treatments were similar in the process, however the aromatherapy differed. It included an exfoliation, and in-room shower to rinse, a short facial, a scalp massage, and body wrap and finally a lotion application. It was amazing! My skin felt soft and not at all oily all day. After the treatment, we were given cucumber water and a small jelly that matched our original elixir.

After we were done, we were lead back into the women's lounge where we could use the whirlpool, sauna, and tile loungers more. They also had showers to clean up, stocked with hair products and even hair straighteners. We took our time because we didn't want it to end!

I would absolutely recommend Senses at the GF to anyone! Try a body treatment :goodvibes

Can anyone tell me if the mandara at the swan/dolphin has a steam room?[/QUOTE

The male changing area does , so I suspect the female change will too. The one in the male change is small 2-3 people max.

Thank you for the quick response! Do you have to have a treatment or can you just go to the spa to enjoy the steam room?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter