• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney after 20 years

IzzyQQ

Earning My Ears
I have just booked CSR for my adult daughter, future son in law and myself next May 23. I have not been to Orlando since 2003 but I have been to Paris in 2004 and Hong Kong in 2014. My daughter and son in law last went in 2019 offsite and they didn’t like the hotel.
We got a good price for the flights, thanks BA Avios points and companion ticket :)
I was surprised about the hotel and ticket price, very reasonable and free dining credit too.
I have some old paper tickets from 2002/2003 and I know they did have a value so will be seeing if they can be cashed in for any credit.
If you have any tips and suggestions, please let me know.

I don't want to be a debbie downer, but if you have not visited WDW in 20 years, then you should know that the disney of 20 years ago Is Not the disney of today. Please look at the various reports on trips, and reports of all the changes not for the good on here to make up your own mind. I hope if you decide to go that you have a great time.

but does anyone think the vaccine mandate will be gone by may 23?

my adult daughter, future son in law and myself next May 23.

Are you related? Helluva coincidence if not :)

As 'seniors' says a lot has changed, and especially in the last couple of years.
That said, a lot hasn't changed - like Space Mountain and BTM.

You haven't said how long you are going for, so post that up, and the sort of things you want to do, as it has a BIG influence on planning your trip. 4 days will need military precision, 14 days ... meh, go with the flow.

Are you related? Helluva coincidence if not :)

As 'seniors' says a lot has changed, and especially in the last couple of years.
That said, a lot hasn't changed - like Space Mountain and BTM.

You haven't said how long you are going for, so post that up, and the sort of things you want to do, as it has a BIG influence on planning your trip. 4 days will need military precision, 14 days ... meh, go with the flow.
We are going for 2 weeks with 2 days planned for Universal and a day to NASA. I am more of a Disney parks than Universal but nothing is set in stone at the moment we just wanted to get the flights and hotel booked 😀

One thing I need to get up to speed on is the acronyms 😀
It stands for National Aeronautics and Space Administration. You're welcome.

(I do apologise, but I tried so very, very hard to resist if that counts for anything.)

It stands for National Aeronautics and Space Administration. You're welcome.

(I do apologise, but I tried so very, very hard to resist if that counts for anything.)
Lol, thank you 😀
Aldi maybe I should have referred to it KSC?

I have just booked CSR for my adult daughter, future son in law and myself next May 23. I have not been to Orlando since 2003 but I have been to Paris in 2004 and Hong Kong in 2014. My daughter and son in law last went in 2019 offsite and they didn’t like the hotel.
We got a good price for the flights, thanks BA Avios points and companion ticket :)
I was surprised about the hotel and ticket price, very reasonable and free dining credit too.
I have some old paper tickets from 2002/2003 and I know they did have a value so will be seeing if they can be cashed in for any credit.

Keep those Paper Tickets ......... They could / should be worth a LOT more than what you

paid for them ( were they the tickets that had No Expire date ? )

You should take them to the Ticket Place at Disney Springs ( Old Market Place area )

And get them Up Dated

Keep those Paper Tickets ......... They could / should be worth a LOT more than what you

paid for them ( were they the tickets that had No Expire date ? )

You should take them to the Ticket Place at Disney Springs ( Old Market Place area )

And get them Up Dated
Yes, they were the tickets with no expiry date. I think I have 4 or 5 each with a random day left on them. I do recall asking Disney about them about 10 years ago if they had a value and I could have used the cash value to purchase other tickets. Hopefully I can cash them in for a gift card or similar as I have got our tickets as part of the package for the dining credit.

I last went in 2004 and returned this year in the last two weeks of August. A lot of people were warning me that the magic has gone and Disney have messed up with prices and crowds and it is all a bit of a mess. Went with my wife and two girls aged 8 and 10 and we had the most wonderful holiday - really 5 star. A few observations. I think everyone is less cheerful than I remember - that old American enthusiasm seemed a bit less than before, but hey maybe I've just got older. You have to be prepared to use your phone to get the most out of it. I found the MDE app to be brilliant, but you have to look at your phone, especially to use Genie +. For some people I know that may take them out of the moment. Crowds have grown - we can see that objectively from the wait times. It is more important than ever to plan ahead and planning is much more complex - get the unofficial guide and sign up to touringplans.com - use touring plans. Best money you will ever spend. But it was tiresome - even for a Disney planner like me - to have to book parks and restaurants months ahead. I had to get to grip with Genie + and the new app and really think things through. Given the crowds some things were really difficult to get on (i.e. the new best rides) and you have to pay extra to avoid 90 minute waits. But as I say we really loved the trip so much. The tech on the new rides will blow your mind. And it is still a really special place with an atmosphere like no other.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter