**Disney After Hours - Animal Kingdom** FAQ & Discussion Thread

Asking about AK. My guess is that they won’t hold ticketed events at different parks on the same day

and looking at the historical data, there is no consistent day of the week that I could discern. But I am pretty sure, it was never held onthe same day MK was holding an after hours event. or party
No they would not have a party and AH on the same night.

Delayed review from Thursday February 27:

I was worried when the event sold out, as I had never been to a sold out AH before. Started the evening off rocky, due to Mears picking me up about an hour late. I entered the park at about 7:15. Nothing catastrophic, but I missed my first fastpass, and I was also hoping to catch dinosaur Chip & Dale before they buggered off for the night, which did not happen.

Between 7:15 and 8pm, I fast passed meeting Mickey & Minnie at Adventurer's Outpost. I also caught It's Tough to be a Bug.

Between 8 and 9pm, I rode EE six times.

Between 9 and 10pm, I rode EE once more, Dinosaur twice, and had ice cream in Pandora.

Between 10 and 11pm, I rode Navi River Journey once, FoP twice.

Between 11pm and 12am, I grabbed popcorn, water, and rode EE twice more.

A few random observations:

- The line for EE was non-existent during Rivers of Light, and became significantly longer after Rivers concluded.

- Due to cold weather, EE was operating under "cold weather protocol" later in the event. What I was told is that they only operate two trains, and that each departing train has to be 100% full. This slows things down considerably. I thought I should share, as it might effect decision making on future chilly nights.

- No Mickey bars or ice cream sandwiches available in Pandora. I'm assuming that they're staying with the ecosystem theme by offering strawberry, coconut... etc.

- There are NO cabs at the cab stand after AK AH. Calling Mears didn't seem to help much either. I waited outside roughly about an hour after exiting the park, before a cab finally materialized. I don't necessarily expect a cab inside of 20 minutes, but an hour or more is ridiculous. Dispatch kept telling me that no cabs were available. Same thing happened the next night after VAH, so shame on me.

Overall, another great event! Even sold out, I felt it was worth the price.

Delayed review from Thursday February 27:

I was worried when the event sold out, as I had never been to a sold out AH before. Started the evening off rocky, due to Mears picking me up about an hour late. I entered the park at about 7:15. Nothing catastrophic, but I missed my first fastpass, and I was also hoping to catch dinosaur Chip & Dale before they buggered off for the night, which did not happen.

Between 7:15 and 8pm, I fast passed meeting Mickey & Minnie at Adventurer's Outpost. I also caught It's Tough to be a Bug.

Between 8 and 9pm, I rode EE six times.

Between 9 and 10pm, I rode EE once more, Dinosaur twice, and had ice cream in Pandora.

Between 10 and 11pm, I rode Navi River Journey once, FoP twice.

Between 11pm and 12am, I grabbed popcorn, water, and rode EE twice more.

A few random observations:

- The line for EE was non-existent during Rivers of Light, and became significantly longer after Rivers concluded.

- Due to cold weather, EE was operating under "cold weather protocol" later in the event. What I was told is that they only operate two trains, and that each departing train has to be 100% full. This slows things down considerably. I thought I should share, as it might effect decision making on future chilly nights.

- No Mickey bars or ice cream sandwiches available in Pandora. I'm assuming that they're staying with the ecosystem theme by offering strawberry, coconut... etc.

- There are NO cabs at the cab stand after AK AH. Calling Mears didn't seem to help much either. I waited outside roughly about an hour after exiting the park, before a cab finally materialized. I don't necessarily expect a cab inside of 20 minutes, but an hour or more is ridiculous. Dispatch kept telling me that no cabs were available. Same thing happened the next night after VAH, so shame on me.

Overall, another great event! Even sold out, I felt it was worth the price.
Just curious... were you not staying at a WDW resort... is that why you took Mears cab? What were the lines/waits for the buses after the event?
Did you go see Rivers of Light? what time was it shown?

I skipped Rivers of Light shows...

Buses didn't seem bad. I was staying off site, and had good luck with Mears in the past. If I had been staying onsite, I definitely would've used the bus. I've never had problems with Disney buses following any AH events.

I had a great time tonight! Arrived just after 7, had dinner in Pandora and watched Rivers of Light. Did Everest six times in a row, then Dinosaur twice (CM let me stay on, had the car to myself). Saw Primeval Whirl was open and it made my night - I was obsessed with that ride as a child and was so happy I got to do it this trip. Met Mickey and Minnie, saw it’s tough to be a bug, then did NRJ and FoP twice.

The park didn’t feel super empty but everything was a walk-on (maybe 5 mins for FoP on my first go). It was a lot of fun but I probably won’t do it again, definitely not if I’m by myself. On my AK day I got plenty of FPs so After Hours didn’t feel necessary!

Cross-posting the same news on the various DAH and EMM threads, but FYI. This covers events on Thursday 3/19 and 3/26.

Source: https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/travel-information/
Guests who have purchased tickets for Disney After Hours, Disney Villains After Hours and Disney Early Morning Magic from March 16, 2020 through March 31, 2020 will be automatically refunded.

We were at AK After Hours on the 12th. We were able to get a FastPass for the Safari for a 7-8pm time slot before the event began. After the Safari we hit up Dinosaur, which was a walk on.
After that we were able to get seats for River of Light. Maybe an unpopular opinion, but that show is really lackluster. It goes on way too long, repeating the same things. And the water screen needs to be aimed higher so the video projections aren’t cut off in the middle.

We then went to Everest and were able to ride it two times in a row. Super fun at night in the pitch dark. Then we spotted the first drink/ice cream stand which was next door to Everest. We then made the long trek to Pandora, stopping to watch a bit of the projection show on the Tree of Life. Very neat. I have never seen it before.

Pandora seemed to be much brighter than it was two years ago when we went. Seems like maybe they did some sprucing up...cleaning the gunk off the neon lights. It just seemed to pop brighter than I remembered from two years ago on our last visit.

We rode the boat ride and then hit up FOP. This is what irked me...
They forced us to use the regular cue for FOP. I have never been through the regular cue as I’ve always had FastPasses before, but damn that cue goes on FOREVER! I was so exhausted having to go through that entire thing. When we got to the holding area to wait for our room assignments, another gentlemen mentioned to the two staff ladies about how long the cue was. She seemed puzzled and asked “they’re not letting you use the FastPass line?” We replied they were not. She then mentioned the entire regular cue is 1 mile long.
It was completely baffling why they didn’t have the FastPass lines open for that ride. It took up way too much time and was so exhausting having to walk that entire cue without the pauses you’d normally have during a typical wait.

FOP was great as always. Still the best ride in Orlando, and that includes Hagrid’s. Two years ago I don’t remember the different scents you got on the ride as you would go through the different jungle/forest scenes. Is that new? Or was it always present and maybe just not working when we first experienced this ride two years ago?

The kiosk in Pandora did not have Mickey bars but they did have these delicious coconut cream ice cream bars. They were awesome. I ate three of those alone!

Just like the event at MK, I was surprised by how many people were there. Lots more than I thought there would be, but still walk ons for the rides. Despite this park not having nearly the amount of attractions as MK, I almost enjoyed this After Hours event more. You actually had time to sit and enjoy the ice cream...people watch..and just take in the beauty of Pandora at night.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!