**Disney After Hours - Magic Kingdom** FAQ & Discussion Thread

Of course I had to do it, I couldn't not do DAH when I realized there was one on the first day of my spur of the moment quick solo trip on March 30. Of course it's my arrival day, and I'll be exhausted, but I'm doing Flower and Garden the next day so I can sleep in until World Showcase opens. I'm still hoping they extend the regular DAH through the summer, I don't mind doing Villains since I had a great time last year, but I'd really love a regular DAH event during my trip in July.

We'll be there tomorrow so I will report back. We're doing Villains and AK back to back ! According to Touringplans, our days went from a 6 -8 to a 10!! I'm a bit doubtful because some dining options became available to us and the Yacht club, where we're staying, was completely booked (or at least showed no availability) and all of a sudden all three room types and Club level standard are available..
Conferences are being canceled left and right freeing up rooms in all the conference hotels. I actually had a friend whose husbands conference for this next week at YC was cancelled last minute. It was her kids spring break trip, and now without the "free" room (his company paid for it) they aren't going. I also just booked a last minute trip after a ton of room availability opened up at the end of the month. I honestly don't think TP is taking in to account everything that is happening, they're saying all the days I'm there are 8-10s and I just don't believe it with as many rooms that are available at all of the resorts. I've been there when there has been hardly any room availability and they were calling it a 7/8 the whole trip, so while it might be busy (because Disney) I really don't think with all the cancellations that it's really going to be 10's.

How often do the buses run after, or even during (in case we want to leave early), the MK DAH events? Are there Disney cast members or transportation workers out by the bus area to assist you on what bus to use to get back to the resort (Poly)?

How often do the buses run after, or even during (in case we want to leave early), the MK DAH events? Are there Disney cast members or transportation workers out by the bus area to assist you on what bus to use to get back to the resort (Poly)?

In my experience it’s more or less like normal bus conditions when leaving MK. You may luck out and have one right there when you arrive - you may be not so lucky and have to wait. I have had good experiences and ones where I’m like “c’mon, what the heck is taking so long” - but I could say the same about leaving MK during or a MNSSHP/MVMCP or any time of day, really.

I will say - the end of DAH when everyone is leaving is when you realize just how many people were in the park and it may leave you saying ‘where did all these people come from?’. I had one night in particular where an awesome DAH evening was sort of ‘tainted’ by a longish bus commute home (exaggerated by the late hour). But I consider that all relatively normal, just something to keep in mind.

In my experience it’s more or less like normal bus conditions when leaving MK. You may luck out and have one right there when you arrive - you may be not so lucky and have to wait. I have had good experiences and ones where I’m like “c’mon, what the heck is taking so long” - but I could say the same about leaving MK during or a MNSSHP/MVMCP or any time of day, really.

I will say - the end of DAH when everyone is leaving is when you realize just how many people were in the park and it may leave you saying ‘where did all these people come from?’. I had one night in particular where an awesome DAH evening was sort of ‘tainted’ by a longish bus commute home (exaggerated by the late hour). But I consider that all relatively normal, just something to keep in mind.
I know the monorail doesn't run, but do the boats run to the Bay Lake resorts after the events? - Nevermind, found the answer on original post

Conferences are being canceled left and right freeing up rooms in all the conference hotels. I actually had a friend whose husbands conference for this next week at YC was cancelled last minute. It was her kids spring break trip, and now without the "free" room (his company paid for it) they aren't going. I also just booked a last minute trip after a ton of room availability opened up at the end of the month. I honestly don't think TP is taking in to account everything that is happening, they're saying all the days I'm there are 8-10s and I just don't believe it with as many rooms that are available at all of the resorts. I've been there when there has been hardly any room availability and they were calling it a 7/8 the whole trip, so while it might be busy (because Disney) I really don't think with all the cancellations that it's really going to be 10's.
We drove into the yacht club and it’s not busy at all! Beaches and cream had open tables and cast members mentioned a ton of availability - we got to upgrade to a water view :) we’ll ese what the MK looks like later ... will probably aim to get there at 6:30 and hope they let us in early !

Hi,
We are going next Monday and just wondering if our plan is too ambitious. Hoping they'll let us in before 7pm.

Laugh floor
pooh meet & greet if time
dinner at Columbia Harbour house
Christmas shop & pick of SotMK cards for souvenirs
if desired: country bears or tiki room to kill time
9pm: fireworks from frontierland/adventureland
BTMRR FP
JC
Pirates

event starts:
HM
IASW
Pan
Pooh
Under the Sea
dumbo/teacups/princess meet
space
buzz
peoplemover
7DMT
maybe mickey meet on way out

**idea is to grab snacks as we go & if desired, maybe some repeats. Debating whether we should ride small world before event.

We drove into the yacht club and it’s not busy at all! Beaches and cream had open tables and cast members mentioned a ton of availability - we got to upgrade to a water view :) we’ll ese what the MK looks like later ... will probably aim to get there at 6:30 and hope they let us in early !
When I was there for DAH on Feb 3 they let us in around 6:50, so hopefully they will bump that up for you! I was able to make some good FP for the 3 hours before my DAH, definitely tons of availability which I wasn't expecting given TP has it rated at a 10. I'm currently trying to talk myself out of an upgrade to BC from Pop, really hard, we'll see if I can do it lol. Now that travel from Europe is banned starting tomorrow I'm guess the crowds will be even lower, I guess we'll see.

Some news from Disney regarding DAH, VAH, and Early Morning Magic events during the current coronovirus park closure. For MK DAH, this includes events on Monday 3/16, 3/23, & 3/30.

Source: https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/travel-information/
Guests who have purchased tickets for Disney After Hours, Disney Villains After Hours and Disney Early Morning Magic from March 16, 2020 through March 31, 2020 will be automatically refunded.

Some news from Disney regarding DAH, VAH, and Early Morning Magic events during the current coronovirus park closure. For MK DAH, this includes events on Monday 3/16, 3/23, & 3/30.

Guests who have purchased tickets for Disney After Hours, Disney Villains After Hours and Disney Early Morning Magic from March 16, 2020 through March 31, 2020 will be automatically refunded.
What about if they are purchased through Undercover Tourist? Will Disney refund those too, or does it have to go through UT?

That's good news for those. We had the early April event, so outside the window.

Well that's good since I just sent an email lol, wonder how long it will be until the refund is issued. I have rescheduled my trip to May since I'm mainly going for F&G, but there are no DAH or VAH events on my dates :(

That's good news for those. We had the early April event, so outside the window.
I actually got through to a person this morning. He wasn't in ticketing, but gave me their number. he told me to give it a couple of days and call on my early April event. They would likely be working with people on those.

I actually got through to a person this morning. He wasn't in ticketing, but gave me their number. he told me to give it a couple of days and call on my early April event. They would likely be working with people on those.
That's good to know.

Sad to be canceling our Spring Break trip to WDW and DAH tickets for March 30 :sad: Hoping for a future date to pan out. Thankful I can think that way at this point!

Ugh - this week has been like a strange bad dream. I hope that the world can get a handle on this thing sooner than later and reduce the damage. More than enough will be done.

Stay healthy Disney Peeps!

Sad to be canceling our Spring Break trip to WDW and DAH tickets for March 30 :sad: Hoping for a future date to pan out. Thankful I can think that way at this point!

Ugh - this week has been like a strange bad dream. I hope that the world can get a handle on this thing sooner than later and reduce the damage. More than enough will be done.

Stay healthy Disney Peeps!
It's like we are living in a bad Netflix Original......……..

Can someone help me please with dates? Does anyone remember when Disney put out the dates for MK DAH????????

I am trying to flip through my credit card statements and can't find it (well, when I paid). I wish I had annotated what card I used on my Excel. I will do that in the future.

Can someone help me please with dates? Does anyone remember when Disney put out the dates for MK DAH????????

I am trying to flip through my credit card statements and can't find it (well, when I paid). I wish I had annotated what card I used on my Excel. I will do that in the future.

Check Page 1, Post 3. The dates each chunk of dates was released is noted above each chart.

From Post #3 - 11/1/19

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter