Disney again, yes please! August 11-20/2018 PTR, Update 8/8, pg. 23. COMPLETE!!

Breaking news from the never ending PTR..............................

I made some ADR’s for the August trip. I wanted to share our ADR’s thus far and how the first day is planned.

ADR list:
8/12. Homecomin at 1:45
8/13 Mama Melrose at 12:55
8/14. Spice Road Table at 8:10. Hoping to get a water view table for Illuminations
8/15. Whispering Canyon Cafe at 2:15. Move in day at WL!
8/16, 8/17, 8/18 all open at this time. Looking at some new places but haven’t nailed down plans enough to figure that out yet.
8/19. Via Napoli at 6:30
8/20. Crystal Palace breakfast at 10:30

Homecomin and WCC will be new to us, otherwise, the others we have been to.

Day 1 is a Saturday and MK has the DAH event from 9-12am. We plan to do this for sure. I have not bought the tickets yet. We did this in February 2017 and really enjoyed the low crowds and the ability to ride most attractions with little to no wait. We will also enjoy unlimited soda, water, popcorn, and ice cream treats.

My plan is to arrive at Pop around 2-3pm, hoping our room will be ready around this time. We will check out the room and relax. I am leaning towards eating at Pop before we head out to MK.
Anyone out there care to comment on the food court at Pop. Online menu has many choices so I think we will check it out. We have never eaten there. I am requesting a top floor room in the 60’s building, close to the lobby and transportation. We have standard view. Quiet is key for me so hoping we get a quiet spot.

Arrive at MK around 6pm. I am following the DAH thread and it looks like you can get your lanyard and check in at Liberty Square. I hope this is the case so we don’t have to go back out of the park.

I will FP+ from 6-9. Most likely will do Splash, 7DMT, and PPF.

Our DAH strategy will be to hit the mountains again, PotC, HM, Buzz, LM, PPF, Dumbo, and whatever else we can fit in. We will stay the whole time, Head back to Pop after midnight and lights out!

IMG_May112018at82352PM.jpg
Here we are from the last DAH, it was chilly out that night, should be much warmer in August!

Last edited:
Nice ADR plans!

The Pop food court is decent from what I remember (and better than the All Stars). If you are up for it, you can also walk to the AoA food court which also has a lot of good options!

Day 1 sounds like it will be a blast!

Nice ADR plans!

The Pop food court is decent from what I remember (and better than the All Stars). If you are up for it, you can also walk to the AoA food court which also has a lot of good options!

Day 1 sounds like it will be a blast!
Thank you and good idea to walk over to AoA, I totally forgot how close the two resorts are!

I just started reading one of your recent trip reports, so I thought I'd pop on over to your PTR too!! We always go in August, so I like seeing how others plan for it. We're trying Homecomin' for the first time too, and CP will be new to us.

I just started reading one of your recent trip reports, so I thought I'd pop on over to your PTR too!! We always go in August, so I like seeing how others plan for it. We're trying Homecomin' for the first time too, and CP will be new to us.
:welcome: How fun, what are your dates? We went last August and really love it. We stayed at Poly for 9 glorious nights. It was so fun and loved the resort. Are you doing CP for breakfast? It is really good. In my current TR I will review the breakfast buffet at CP. We loved it so much I booked a last day breakfast again!

Great plans so far!

8/14. Spice Road Table at 8:10. Hoping to get a water view table for Illuminations
I tried Spice Road Table last summer and really enjoyed watching Illuminations from there. The service was really good too!

8/15. Whispering Canyon Cafe at 2:15. Move in day at WL!
WCC is always so much fun! We loved the nachos when we were there and I was obsessed with the red quinoa cakes. Something different and so yummy!

8/19. Via Napoli at 6:30
I am so excited to finally Via Napoli this summer!

Day 1 is a Saturday and MK has the DAH event from 9-12am. We plan to do this for sure. I have not bought the tickets yet. We did this in February 2017 and really enjoyed the low crowds and the ability to ride most attractions with little to no wait. We will also enjoy unlimited soda, water, popcorn, and ice cream treats.
DAH sounds amazing! I wish there were dates available during my trip!

Great plans so far!

I tried Spice Road Table last summer and really enjoyed watching Illuminations from there. The service was really good too!

I sure hope we get an outside table for Illuminations, we ate here once about 3 years ago and the Calamari and Lamb Sliders were good. I also love the Hummus fries

I am excited to stay at WL and eat at WCC, we have never eaten at any of the places at WL. I want to try Gyser Point.

I am so excited to get a 2nd time at the DAH event, yay! Are you and your niece doing MNSSHP? We are skipping it this year, I am sad but I think the DAH is what we will do. We will be there for the first MNSSHP oh what to do!:scratchin

News from my never ending PTR..........................

I booked our flights today. We will be flying Delta from Minneapolis on 8/11. Our flight lands at 1:30pm. We will take the airport shuttle to Minneapolis from Duluth for our flight. This is less stress for me (no driving):bounce::car:. I love taking a break from driving for 10 glorious days! Our flight home is on 8/20 at 2:15pm. This is the latest flight Delta had:confused3. This is odd because there is always a 6pm flight. I think the reason for that is August is a slower time for Florida travel from Minnesota! Only us die hard WDW fans travel to a super hot place:beach: during our short summers.

I am okay with this since we have a 3hour ride from Minneapolis to home so we will get home early. I do have to work the next day, yuck!
I was able to use some of my miles and our flights were under $350.00 total so I was happy with this. Most flights were averaging around $400.00 a person. Why is flying so expensive? If it was less I would go every month:hyper:

I don’t have our days figured out quite yet but I did add a Sci-fi diner ADR, Les Chefs de France ADR and probably the most surprising is a Chef Mickey’s Brunch. I vowed I wouldn’t eat here again after our dinner in 2013. I equated the experience to eating at a hospital cafeteria. The characters were awesome but that was it.
My reason for this is, I wanted a meal that was both breakfast and lunch. Andi is not a big breakfast fan:scared1:, I am! She likes lunch or dinner out better so I thought we would try it. We are going to be at DHS for pm EMH the night before from 10:30 to 12:30 so it would be a leisurely morning so that is my reasoning. I have read a few recent brunch reviews from there and not bad:thumbsup2 so I think we will try it.
84722D3E-8623-4346-9A7E-C0BDAEA9C1F3.jpeg
35EA802B-2671-46DA-A2A8-DE5169B24D14.jpeg
3C21CE6F-F11F-4E22-9376-75A9C5BDCD51.jpeg
Thank you google for restaurant pictures!
I will be back to start my full day plans, soon as I nail down my FP’s and formulate my plans!

If anyone has good or bad comments about my ADR’s chime in:surfweb:

ADR's a pleasure or a curse. :confused3 We made our ADR's right at the 180 day mark, however I usually end up changing and tweaking until the very end.
Both!

Here is the list so far

8/26. Trails End dinner. I may change this depending on our MK activities. We always go into MK our first day and we always end the trip at MK.

8/27. BOG dinnner. We haven't done dinner in awhile so we are excited for this one. We usually always eat lunch here.

8/28. Ohana dinner. We tried this last October for the first time and really loved our meal.

8/29. I have Teppan Edo, however I am going to cancel because we are going to the MNSSHP this night!! I really didn't think the parties would start until after Labor Day so didn't think we would be attending one.

8/30. 1900 Park Fare dinner. We try to do at least one character Dining a trip, so Andi chose this for the dinner one.

8/31. Via Napoli dinner. We love it here and for us it is a good deal price wise.

9/1. RoL dining package at Tiffins. I am so excited to eat here, I have read really good reviews.
Good list!
I think mine was one of the really good reviews. ;) You won't be disappointed. Ask for Abby if she's there. No combination like great food and great service.

We haven't been to Trails end or 1900 Park Fare, so at least 1 of those will be crossed off in September.

Last edited:
How nice to live by the beach, we live by Lake Superior, which is beautiful, however, keeps this area cool. Those husbands always getting in the way lol:rotfl2: I will be back early next week to update my FP reservations! Have a great weekend:jumping3:
Hey! Wait a minute!! Sometimes it's wives that get in the way.

Ah, never mind, I'm sure there's no possible way I can ever win this debate. 32 years, ain't won one yet.

Joining in on your PTRs, I always love reading your TRs and cherishing getting to read you and your daughters quality time. I’ll be there in November with overlapping days with you! :love: Now off to read your PTR now that I said hi!

Edited: I’m a goof! I think I got your November trip mixed up with last year lol :crazy:

Joining in on your PTRs, I always love reading your TRs and cherishing getting to read you and your daughters quality time. I’ll be there in November with overlapping days with you! :love: Now off to read your PTR now that I said hi!

Edited: I’m a goof! I think I got your November trip mixed up with last year lol :crazy:
You're not alone...I tried to help her with her FPs from LAST year. :lmao: :rotfl2:

Both!

Good list!
I think mine was one of the really good reviews. ;) You won't be disappointed. Ask for Abby if she's there. No combination like great food and great service.

We haven't been to Trails end or 1900 Park Fare, so at least 1 of those will be crossed off in September.
Glad you are here, now move ahead 4 trips to my current August one:rotfl2:
My ADR list for this August is on this page, tell me what you think.

:welcome:So glad to have you reading along, sorry about th confusion. I just thought it was easier to keep this same thread going for all my trips. The most current Pre trip planning for August started on Page 16.

Glad you got your flights booked! I have heard good things about Chef Mickey's brunch, so hopefully this will be a better experience than your last one!

Glad you got your flights booked! I have heard good things about Chef Mickey's brunch, so hopefully this will be a better experience than your last one!
I always feel like the trip is real once I book the flights! I am debating Trail Ends brunch vs Chef Mickey. I think the food will be better at TE but the original 5 are so fun to meet!

I always feel like the trip is real once I book the flights! I am debating Trail Ends brunch vs Chef Mickey. I think the food will be better at TE but the original 5 are so fun to meet!
I always feel like the trip is real when I finally catch up to the current trip. :rotfl2:
FINALLY!!!

If I had a vote, I'd opt for TE. Character meet & greets aren't much to me and I find the food at character meals isn't as good as ones that focus just on the food. But...I don't have a vote, so I guess just my $0.02 worth.

I always feel like the trip is real when I finally catch up to the current trip. :rotfl2:
FINALLY!!!

If I had a vote, I'd opt for TE. Character meet & greets aren't much to me and I find the food at character meals isn't as good as ones that focus just on the food. But...I don't have a vote, so I guess just my $0.02 worth.
Yay! Glad you are up to speed on my next trip!
I agree CM is double the cost of TE and most likely the food won’t be as good. I switched to a 11:45 brunch at TE! We can walk over there from WL and bonus we get to see the creepy abandoned water park!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter